AUDIO: LIES GREED MISERY MP3 + FLAC

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

With all the crap out now that's considered "pop"? Linkin Park isn't straying too far from that definition with this song. Then again this is a "pop"-ular band , I would not be surprised if there is one popular song in this album and this one walks in the same footing as Faint.

2. Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

Thanks to Derek, Joe and the LPA for being so awesome!

Honestly, I disagree with a lot of the stuff this guy said. Yes his spelling and grammar is awful and it's annoying but I wouldn't put him in the category of the other Nu-Metal lovers who bash LP. He doesn't like Burn it down, well that's his opinion and he is entitled to that. He has a bad reason for it and I disagree with him, but to each his own. He likes LGM and is hoping for more of that and says he is excited for the album and loves LP. Seriously guys? That much hate for this guy? If he likes the "older" style of LP better than the "new" and thinks LGM is a good evolution and wants more of it then good for him. We don't all need to bash him for it.

IMO, both Burn it Down and LGM are great songs. I prefer longer track times too but since this is a "firecracker" record I expected short times and I'm excited for it. Victimized being as short as it is makes me really curious to how it will sound.

3. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

All I know is if I were to play Lies Greed Misery at a party filled with Lady Gaga and Katy Perry crap for example, I'd get more than enough "WTF" looks. I understand how it could be classified as pop in the purest sense of pop, but I could never place it in the same mainstream level as whats played on the top 40.

4. Christos

Christos Active Member

All I can say is, don't play this song full blast near your cat (if you have one). Absolutely scared the shit out of mine when the beat dropped. Was quite hilarious. :rastamike:

5. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Thanks LPA, you deserve an exclusive like this. :)

Song sounds even better in higher quality. :D

6. indianpunk

indianpunk New Member

Congratulation on the Big Coup

I've been reading the feeds for almost 5 - 6 years now and usually regularly around album launches but the song leak is a major event and so thought to finally register and congratulate you guys
    Cheers

The song is too short to be great but i like how chester's screaming and mike's rapping is evenly laid out for a trippy live experience

And Mike if you are really reading this shit while randomly strolling away for heavens/fucks/gods sake come to India now.....PLZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Victimized" continue the sudden cut of "Lies, Greed, Misery".

Anyone here confused that Chester said "betray" instead of "sth greed"?

8. Okay, I'm going to try to say this as professional as possible, and not look like an idiot (*cough cough* wut/has/happen/2/lp? *cough cough*).

I've been a fan of Linkin Park since before the release of Minutes to Midnight. I loved their three albums, and when A Thousand Suns came out, I had a very hard time accepting it the first time. It felt weird. Howeever, After listening to it over and over again though, I eventually realised how amazing the album really is. The flow of the album is excellent, and the full songs were unique in their own ways. There were weird song structures, impressive melodies and harmonies, and a perfect combination of Rock, Rap and Electronic. I gained so much respect for Linkin Park after realising that they had pushed their boundaries so much. A Thousand Suns is still my favourite album. Ever.

From then on, I decided to support Linkin Park for whatever they will do in the future.

Now, after the release of Burn it Down and Lies Greed Misery, I don't feel very good about not only the album itself (I am quite worried), but also the band. These two songs have so much potential to become the next "The Catalyst" and "Waiting For The End". But I feel that the two new tracks were completed very quickly. There is that emptiness in the tracks where I feel that the completetions were extremely rushed. I understand that they wanted to make a "Firecracker" album, but that's no excuse for lowering the bar. The songs still could've had a lot more depth even if it's 90 seconds long. Just look at the Requiem for example. I can compare it to an actual full song by Linkin Park because the elements give me chills. It's perfectly executed.

I don't know how the album is going to sound, so I cannot say anything more. But if Lies Greed Misery is actually the most innovative track in Living Things, this album is going to go just above Meteora in my rankings. Call me a hater if you wish, but Linkin Park can do far better than this.

9. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

With I'LL BE GONE and CASTLE OF GLASS in between it's hard for me to picture that, but you have a point.

10. FoxxPS

FoxxPS Human centipede, budget cut.

If I had my day off yesterday instead of today I could have been there and been the one to say "I love you Mike" :(

11. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

And of course, thank you, LP, for giving this song away FOR FREE in the highest quality possible.

Pop or not, what's the big deal? Do you guys have a pact with the devil or something to not listen to pop? You don't get cred points for being posers here.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  12. Lok3sh

Lok3sh New Member

God knows what he did on the last album, I couldn't get myself to listen to the whole thing. And yeah I have Minutes to Midnight, thanks for assuming I don't know this just so you could facepalm.

13. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

Linkin Park is the only band I follow that is truly damned if they do, damned if they don't.

14. luciano

luciano Member

though the song rocks, i reaaaally think they could have done something better as regards the samples and keryboards during the chorus! it sounds so messy. like a ball of sound. u can't get really well chesters singing.

15. Shadow

I really don't care. I just personally don't like the song. It's not "calling" me out.. I am not feeling it. Period. It has nothing to do with it being revolving around 'pop'. I personally don't dig Burn It Down either and that's no where near the word pop, even though the NBA Playoffs have shoved the song down my throat at every commercial break in TNT..

I am curious to see how this album will play though in its entirety. I didn't like runaway / by myself / a place for my head when I first copped Hybrid Theory in 2002. I would say something around the lines of "I can't deal with the screaming / shouting / weird effects in the background " and now 10 years later I love those songs.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  16. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I will get some hate for this but I think the screaming at the end ruined the feel of the song. I would of preferred it to do an A Thousand Suns style were the song changes completely after the breakdown like Blackout, Catalyst etc

17. Delicious Dave

People think this is pop? LMAO anyone thinks that never heard pop in their lives. This is ''electronic rock''.

18. Delicious Dave

You have missed out. Listen to all of A Thousand Suns.

19. Shadow

Nah no hate from me, I definitely I am pro what you said. There just needed to be some distinction or something.. just was not feeling that rap / screaming combo and that video game tune in the background.

Some of the pop right now borrows from electronic rock. Either way, it still in familiar territory from the crap out today, and this song isn't getting a "pass" for innovation.

ATS was innovation, I don't know what the hell this track is.

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hey, I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But don't triple post
    Just edit maybe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.