AUDIO: LIES GREED MISERY MP3 + FLAC

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finality

finality Well-Known Member

Now on to the good points of the song, the breakdown at 1:36 is fantastic, and when Chester comes in the hair on my neck stands up. It's like the ending of Blackout. Good stuff there.

Now, back to repeating Tenacious D - Roadie over and over again.

2. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Even though I do love LGM, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing LP going back to at least a few songs with only using drums, guitars, and possible scratching from Joe Hahn.

3. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Awesome! I'm playing LGM on repeat! New favourite song!

4. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

And yet you want guitar........ which is nearly the same sound with a different tone to it. Whatever.

Poppy catchy anthems what I took to being advertised for this album back in March when the band first went to press. I've found lowering expectations to be working well in my favor.

Same with expecting LP fans to be able actually know what dubstep, techno and emo are. If I assume people are braindead in the start then I am just simply surprised when they say something with a mote of knowledge.

5. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

Interesting interpretation.

I look at it through the eyes of someone who has been put in a difficult position by someone else who has authority over them. And now he's letting that person have it by throwing all the struggle back at them, telling them what they deserve, and then telling them they "did it to [themselves]". In fact, just screaming "YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF!" after they get what's coming to them.

And I love that "in your face" mentality of the song. Combined with the really upbeat sound, it creates an awesome mix.

6. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Amazing song. Of course, it's by Linkin Park, but it's so amazing due to the fact that this is something I have never even heard of before. Mike's tough-guy raps and Chester's axe-slashing screams throughout the chorus (and ending :awesome:) really contrast the positive sound in the back. xD

And as for leaking it...like, MediaFire and aimini leak?

7. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Sleigh Bells actually sound quite similar to this particular song. I do know what you mean though. It's Linkin Park's overall sound that has so much variety; they're hard to match.

This song might be a decent reference:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_BlUbGBSo

I know in actuality there's quite a bit different about it (female vox, no rapping etc.) but there definitely is some similarities.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  8. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I love how every step in a Linkin Park album now is a surprise. A pleasant one, to my ears. Other people build up their expectations on what they think their Linkin Park should sound like and break down the song when it doesn't meet the expectations that they placed on a pedestal. I've been saying it all along that I no longer have expectations as to what a Linkin Park song should sound like. Since I've done that, I've been extremely satisfied as to how Linkin Park handles their direction of music. I'm happy with how LIVING THINGS is shaping up to be. It's making me excited to be a Linkin Park fan. This is supposed to be an exciting time, and, that puts me in my happy place.

9. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I agree with this. I love that you can never guess what a Linkin Park song will actually sound like these days. It's awesome.

10. DefyTheEye

DefyTheEye Well-Known Member

kind of a newb question, but how do you play a flac file? lol help

11. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Amen!! People are expecting waaaaaay too much from Living Things. For both Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery all the complaints I've heard revolve around comparisons to ATS material. Living Things isn't A Thousand Suns II. From the songs so far, it has it's own personality and a distinct energetic fire inside that IMO A Thousand Suns lacked. Not every song this band releases has to change the musical landscape, but people assume that after the insanity of ATS that this has become the new systematic procedure.

12. finality

finality Well-Known Member

foobar2000

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I believe VLC Player can handle it.

14. DisturbedOne98

It's a lossless format. You need a special program such as Foobar2000 or even VLC to play it. If you're not too familiar with this format, it might be easier to just download the mp3 file.

15. DisturbedOne98

My favorite song from ATS was probably Wretches and Kings, so this song made me extremely pleased. I had huge doubts after BID. I'm kind of tired of all the layering happening. I kind of like the more basic, raw LP sound.

16. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

IMO Wretches and kings is better than LGM and BID

17. DisturbedOne98

Yeah, I can agree with that as well. LGM comes quite close though. It's too short which kind of sucks.

18. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

I LOVE THIS SONG:awesome:
    People who don't well too bad for them if they dont like it who cares? I mean seriously first and foremost LP makes music that THEY enjoy that get's THEM interested were all just lucky that as fans we get to listen because way back when this band started it was because they wanted to make music they weren't hearing which they still are over 10 years later so kudos to them.

The contrast is AMAZING also the upbeat sound paired with such dope verses by Shinoda and plain BRUTAL Chester Bennington for people who dont like this I laugh just because all those people want is for every song to have a formula this song with heavy guitars would add nothing just make it a lesser version of what LP did in the begining like MUSE on their last album have MK ULTRA and allot of people trashed it for just being a poor version of a classic MUSE song so I'm a firm believer in never lose the spark but do it as many different ways you can as to noyt sully old songs. With the great clash in sound it becomes special what I was looking for in BLACKOUT was some dope Mike bars and now were getting a new album with the most rapping since METEORA and that's long overdue because Shinoda is at his best vocally as an emcee and his work on LIES,GREED,MISERY cements that.

It's nice to know the band can make such a fast song in length it's perhaps the shortest song ever done by them and it makes me so pumped for the next song and thats fantastic also the length will get aton of radio play. The FLAC version leaves no doubt in my mind that this song is nothing short of masterful the constant change of sound the group vocals all just supherb this is shaping up to be a landmark album and were getting it as fans faster than any album before just incredible.

So this plus LOST IN THE ECHO will finally fill some old-school LP vibes and that's all I've ever wanted even though I LOVE ATS and how diverse this bands entire catalog has grown to be literally endless. BOTTOMLINE if you dont like the song who cares this forum shouldn't trash the band who this site was built out of their LOVE for,I listen to many artists the past 11 years and none are better or more giving to their fans than LINKIN PARK from b-sides to just full songs like QWERTY they always offer GREAT music and JUNE 26TH will be one of the best days of ALL TIME!

19. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

Funny people find too short LP clearly were trying to give old fans from day one which I am an intense song HT esque and they sure have it just jumps in and it may end fast but it works some songs should be "firecrakers" and LP does it best.

20. DisturbedOne98

This song will give their setlists even more diversity. I'm very excited to see it live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.