AUDIO: LIES GREED MISERY MP3 + FLAC

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

It lacks guitar, take out this electro/ dubsetp crap and replace it with guitar, perfect song.

I never understood y ppl go nuts over techno crap

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm refraining from listening to the song as well :) though I caught the final couple of seconds as I was trying to skip it when listening to the interview

And some people who are fans of "techno crap" don't understand the hype over guitars. :disgust:

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I have three thoughts from this song.

1. This is a diss track to the "old LP fans"
    2. This is a diss track to Meteora
    3. THIS IS WHAT METEORA SHOULD'VE SOUNDED LIKE. AND THAT'S FROM A METEORA FAN.

4. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

We need this HQ one on youtube to share.

5. finality

finality Well-Known Member

They were heading in the right direction, guitar-wise, with Minutes to Midnight. They took a step back on the guitars and added digital distortion for ATS, which wasn't bad... but this song is just wubwub :| Hoping for 10/12 tracks being good at least? :)

As an aside, Burn it Down was a real grower. I hated it at first, and now I'm neutral on it. I wouldn't skip over it while playing the album. Maybe that'll happen with this one as well. I hated One Step Closer and Given Up at first (I'm comparing those to this as they seem to be the "shorter" songs on the album with more energy) as well, and they grew into above average songs for me.

I must say Chester sounds really good here, much better than on Burn it Down.

6. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Screw techno its not music its just some random loud beats that gets annoying, where is the "ROCK"

7. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I never understood why people are making such a big deal over having one kind of distorted electronic noise over a slightly different distorted electronic noise.

8. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

i dont hear dubstep at all in the song. Its just electro driven rap rock

9. mastae

mastae Some Honky

[removed].

10. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

mike's rapping and Chester's screaming are perfect, but that sound is just fucking horrible i'm sorry.

11. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Well, I finally have a stable internet connection to share my opinion with the internets.

1. What in the world were those blogs smoking? This is a big departure? Dubstep? Hard Rock? The preview articles completely missed the mark on this song. This is just a straight up electro rock anthem that needs to be blasted in NFL stadiums.

2. It reminds me of a more poppy Wretches And Kings.

3. This song continues the trend of poppy, catchy anthems for Living Things. I hope not all the songs are like that. I do enjoy listening to this one though, I've already listened to it pretty much as many times as I've listened to Burn It Down. If you're gonna do a catchy radio anthem, this is the way to do it.

You are absolutely right. I don't know how anyone calls this dubstep. Like I've said, people don't know how to use that word.

12. finality

finality Well-Known Member

I wish they'd do something creative like this with it: http://youtu.be/oH-8_-0iygE

Rather than just repeating a sound loop and changing its pitch every once in a while ;| The ending is certainly much better than the rest of the track.

To be precise, my main problem is with the loop behind Mike. It's terrible. Chester's part isn't so bad because it's broken up at least.

Another thing I haven't thought of yet .. the lyrics have been seriously downgraded compared to ATS as well. Not that I look to this band for life-changing lyrics or anything, but ATS was a major step forward lyrically.

13. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't see much if any dubstep in the new HQ mp3 version of this song but that's just me. Sounds more like electronic rock with old school Mike and Chester than anything else.

Then don't listen to the song. Problem solved.

14. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Now that is fucking dope

15. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Love when LP goes more electronic. Honestly, I think they're really good with it and would love if they went even more electronic. This song was really weird when I first listened to it, especially the chorus. Now, after listening to it a few times, I've gotten used to it and like it a lot more. I still think it's too short though.

16. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

um ok

17. {L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for real instruments again.. not hating on the electronic sound, but damn I need some real rock/hip hop.

18. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Thank you

19. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

The instruments are in the song. If you don't hear it, I don't know what to tell you. Just because they've been manipulated doesn't mean they aren't present.

20. RandomNames

RandomNames Active Member

"Let me show you exactly how the breaking point sounds!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.