Mike Builds Excitement with Mystery Tweet: New Puzzle Incoming?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Probably nothing yet

2. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Some theories about the hidden thing:

What if the hidden things are snippets for the clip that will be released to those 10,000 people?
    Maybe the hidden stuff is pictures of a sort?
    Clip of the Burn it Down video?

As for LPTV, I think Part 2 of Buried at Sea would be it. I mean we had Chesters vocals in Part 1 then Mikes in Part 2. Maybe the next episodes will be them on set recording the video?

3. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

So the puzzle hasn't even begun and I'm completely confused already......nice one Trollnoda :rastamike:

Tbh though, since Mike said we are "scavengers" I guess this means that whatever it is we are looking for will be "In Pieces" :trollface:

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think this entire scavenger hunt would be a lot more successful if we had any indication of where we were supposed to look or at least what we were looking for. It's one thing to be vague and mysterious ("5.4. Cipher it's there" which at least told fans we needed to solve a cypher), but it's another thing to just launch a puzzle with zero shortcuts or even a hint as to what we're trying to find. I've already seen some fans out there giving up on this already, because of lingering frustration from the last puzzle and the fact this is twice as hard.

Linkin Park fans are smart, but we're not rocket scientists. We can't just materialize solutions out of thin air based off of no guidance or suggestion. If we're to have any remote chance of solving this, we're going to need to have at least *one* hint. Even if it's a very very obscure hint. At least something to tell us what it is we're expected to find. Otherwise, I can just expect the fans to get impatient and annoyed, because I know how this fanbase works. This is not a patient fanbase :lol:.

Time for another clue.

Your move LP.

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yep, that's true. But somehow I don't think this "scavenger" thing has started yet, but they're giving us the news that it's coming.

It would be really mean to throw us into the middle of nowhere without any indication whatsoever. I think there might be some sort of green light coming because even though Mike and Adam have tweeted about it, nothing has shown up through the band's account yet. For a "puzzle" as important as this (judging by Adam's statement), there HAS to be something coming out of Linkin Park's social networking sites to let the fans know that the game is ON.

Looking forward to it.

6. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

I say we just wait it out and see if we get a response from Mike or Adam, we obviously can't solve a puzzle when we don't have a starting piece...

7. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

You can count me in as one of those fans. Especially since I'm thinking the prize will be the music video or clips of it, and I really could not care less about music videos in 2012.

8. Derek

I think we have to spread the word about it before they say anything. I know we didn't get our next hint with the cypher until this spread everywhere.

9. rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

I think it will be about Burn It Down video.

10. RipGore

RipGore Banned

LOST IN THE ECHO!

11. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

What if the next puzzle is for the next single? Maybe lost in the echo, or lies greed misery? Who knows

12. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Nice theory.

I googled "Scavengers welcome" and this was the first page:
    http://www.lds.org/new-era/1988/03/scavengers-welcome?lang=eng

I don't really thing it has something to with it but maybe the date or something? I don't know... haha

13. Derek

14. AndreyKamensky

Yeah.. I know :\ but I'm kinda curious about the date "march 1988"

15. ZeboobelScott

ZeboobelScott Member

Hey folks. Joined to give you all my theory. Maybe they want us too hunt around the site to find snippets of the songs. Much like when M2M was being hyped up, they put song clips on the site in weird places. This could be similar? Like you could hear 30 seconds of given up if you hovered the mouse on a certain spot?

16. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

I've given up
    I'm sick of feeling
    Is there nothing you can say?

17. AndreyKamensky

Welcome :)
    I'll try that now.

Edit:
    found nothing... it's too frustrating!

18. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Try looking through the sites source code, maybe? *Shrug*

19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The only thing I can think of at this point, which fits in with this whole thing, is a campaign Uprising Creative worked on for 3 Doors Down where they used hashtags on Twitter to unlock souncloud clips. From their website:

"3 Doors Down: This is the splash page we developed for the band’s Time Of My Life album release. A few days before the release we engineered a campaign to unlock Soundcloud-driven streams of the new album with the use of Twitter Hashtags. It was huge, with a massive amount of fan engagement across a 48hr period."

Maybe with Mike tweeting #LP2012 we have to do something similar? Who knows. Doesn't seem likely as it's far too early for album clips.

20. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Or album songs, for that matter.

It's only a month away. I have a feeling puzzles are gonna continue throughout, until we unlock the full album...! /fangirlwetdream

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.