Discuss "Robot Boy" Here!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Elaine, Apr 29, 2012.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I like the song, but I can never concentrate to it when I listen to it. But I do listen to it, it's not like when it comes up I say "fuck this shit" :lol: and skip it. What I love about the song are the synth solo and Chester's vocals in the background during it, they're polarizing.

:toolbox:

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I love the song personally.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Its fucking awesome.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Love it.

Robot Boy going into Jornada del Muerto is one of the defining moments of ATS IMO.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Great song. Thought it was ok a first. Nothing special, but after more times I've heard it, I seem to love it more & more. Great beat, nice chord prog. The syth solo is just epic & Chester's ad lib singing at the end makes it even better.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The first few times I wasn't too keen on the song. It sounded like a well made Timbaland song to me :lol:

But it did grow on me quite a bit and now I love it. That synth solo mixed with Chester's vocals towards the end take the song to a new height!

I like the ending of the song, where it picks up.

Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

It's the only song I skip over when I listen to ATS.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

SAME

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Am I the only one who enjoys the beginning of the song and how it feels so dreamy when you listen to the vocal layers?
    Plus the way that guitar comes in at the very end gives me chills everytime and how the vocal layers clear and feels like you are exiting the dream.
    These are the moments that make this song great. Plus the lyrics are so powerful to me.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

This.

I imagine if they perform it live, the atmospheric cnter will result in an amazing lightshow plus and dreamy visuals.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

So monotone. It's not even In Between monotone, it goes on for 4 fucking minutes and a half like that. There's some great parts, but the rest is bland and dull.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No, you're not the only one. I love the song from beginning to end.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I have sort of a love hate relationship with it. I really like it when it starts but as the song progresses the vocals just bore me. I absolutely love the ending though, if the middle of the song was just done differently I think it would be my favorite Linkin Park song. The way it turned out on the record though really doesn't do anything for me.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's not quite a favourite of mine but I think it's one of the best songs on what I consider to be Linkin Park's best album thus far. :)

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Robot Boy is the ONLY Linkin Park track that I ever have skipped on first listen.. :( Later, I heard the full song and enjoyed the awesome synth solo in the end, but apart from that (and some of Chester's vocals), nothing else stands out.

To put it bluntly, its boring. And this is coming from a guy whose favourite bands include Coldplay and Radiohead, so I have nothing against "softness". But as a reviewer had rightly said in his review of ATS - "Robot Boy is the closest Linkin Park has ever got into boy-band territory".

I don't HATE the song though; just don't like it as much as the other tracks in ATS.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I like it because of the way I interpret the lyrics. The song seems to be written as either a message to angsty nu-metal fans (hence it comes right after WTCFM), or it's a message to the younger versions of the band members themselves.

The lyrics in the song come from a place of maturity and wisdom, speaking to someone who isn't there yet. Like an older sibling or parent talking to a middle school kid who wants to do nothing but blast One Step Closer in his/her room and think about all their first world problems because they think their life is horrible and no one understands them.

As a matter of fact, Robot Boy seems like a response song to Numb, written by a band that has matured a ton since they wrote that song.

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I hated ''Robot Boy'' the first I heard it. Now, it doesn't really bothers me that much.

The ending of the song is great though.

theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

Eh skip it 9/10 times. I feel like it was too repetitive. I can respect the concept behind it, but the monotone voice and the length of the song just really takes a drag. It builds up but even that just always has me feeling like Goddamn I'm ready for this to end so I can hear JDM bleed in to WFTE

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

When I first listened to it I was bored out of my mind and it was one of the tracks that settled the fact for me that "ATS sucks". Luckily my mind has changed and now I absolutely love it. Chester's ad-libbing at the end makes this song. Kinda sad that they'll probably never do it live, I'd love to see Chester going crazy at the end of the song live.