Thoughts on Burn It Down?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Promofrog, Apr 16, 2012.

?

What do you think?

1. I love it! I've replayed it a few times!

74 vote(s)
    47.7%
  2. I like it.

34 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Not bad.

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Meh. Not as good as What I've Done/The Catalyst.

17 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. I hate it!

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. 10

19 vote(s)
    12.3%
  7. 9

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. 8

24 vote(s)
    15.5%
  9. 7

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  10. 6

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  11. 5

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  12. 4

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  13. 3

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  14. 2

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  15. 1

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

You have contributed nothing to this discussion also.

2. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I don't know what the "discussion" is. I found Deadmau5 LP fucking hilarious. That's all. Also, Burn It Down is lame. I've plastered all over the forums how the song is hollow and LP can do so much better. Mike could've sung the fucking track, but only for the sake of including his rap he doesn't, I'm 100% sure of that. Buried At Sea was a much better song title. There are a shitload of atmospheric effects which are mixed way low, which would've made the song infinite times better than what it is right now.

3. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

:trollface: Lol I know I was kidding around :) I'm glad there are more people who feel the same about Burn It Down..

Now get in the van.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Before you popped off at the mouth, Promofrog, who's to say that my initial quote of your comment wasn't me agreeing with you? There are plenty of people who deconstruct and break down LP's sound to find anything they can wrong with it.

Also: Thank you, Bliss

Also: Grammar is a shitty thing to pick on in forums. There is only one Minus. He doesn't like it when he is imitated.

Also: Bliss is right. I have added to the thread.

Also: Mike Shinoda is unfortunately right with the point of the silent majority.

Also: Thanks for the childish visitor message.

Also: My Awesome button doesn't work for the unawesome.

Also: Just so I behave myself, this is my last post in this thread.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I dunno about you guys, but when I pushed that button, I got explosions, kickass action scenes, ninja duels, giant robot gunfights, Dragon Ball Z, and My Little Pony. :trollface:

6. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I am just saying, listen to a song like In The End and then hit up Burn It Down.
    In The End, power level over 9000. Burn It Down, power down equal or less than 50.

7. Elaine

I figure In The End would have a power level around 5000, BID would have one at 4750! The Catalyst would be over 9000 because of how it builds up into an epic climax! /arbitraryscalingsystemsdontworkwithopinionsbecauseintheenditdosen'tevenmatter

8. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Well, I don't want to say it was guitars, but guitars.

9. Elaine

There are guitars in BID. Shocking, I know! What you want are powerchords and nu-metal. Apparently that's what people consider "Energy" now. At least, that's what you're implying with the In The End comparison. In my opinion, Burn It Down has tonnes of energy, just of a different kind. You're comparing a rock-rap-pop song with a electronic-techno-rap-pop song. Different genres, different feels, different energy. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't there.

10. shinformant

shinformant Banned

There is definitely guitar in this song. Put on headphones and listen closely to the chorus.

I mean, you might want it to be more guitar driven which is fair enough, but there is definitely guitar there already.

At this point I would give it a six. It's pleasant, but it doesn't do anything for me past that.

11. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

................... :ph34r:

1) How many ways of using guitars do exist? One person asking for guitars doesn't mean this person want nu-metal, it means he/she want to hear more...well more guitars

2) What Brad does now, aka always using generic octaves, is not more original than always using powerchords. It is as lazy I'd say.

12. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

The Catalyst - dupstep? :WTF:

13. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

You.

:facepalm:

Anyway, current thoughts on Burn It Down:

Dynamics are poor, it doesn't contain any of the shape that Waiting For The End, The Catalyst or Iridescent had, it's a bit tinny to be honest, as if it's a rip of the original song containing more of a punch to it.

Awful track.

14. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

I gave Burn It Down a 6/10. I don't compare things that are different, though. I take the song as it is and rate it on it's own and not in comparison to others. If not, I'd be as bad as those who compare Hybrid Theory with A Thousand Suns.

Initially, Burn It Down was awesome to my ears, as was other dance-techno songs like God is a Girl but after awhile, you know, the hype dies down and it isn't as replay worthy anymore.

Well, for me, Burn It Down's chorus repeated a bit too much for my liking and the ending verse/rap/verse/rap part doesn't flow smoothly to me.

15. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

In this respect, I think you'll find you like it more when you hear the copy on the finished album. :)

16. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

This.

Guys, don't get me wrong, Brad Delson is the guy who inspired me to pick up a guitar, so don't think I hate him or anything. It's just that his playing (Apart from a few songs on MTM) is just "uninteresting" ("boring" would be too harsh a word).. :(

First two albums were just powerchord-fests, loud and in-your-face, nothing special but it worked I guess. He moved to some interesting territory in MTM (In Pieces solo, the whole of No More Sorrow etc.), but, again, it was mostly just octaves and new ways of playing powerchords. In ATS, he didn't have much of a role, but the few moments he got were all wasted playing the same old octaves (the rest of the band, on the other hand, tried different stuff)... :(

Burn It Down, imo, didn't require too many guitar parts due to its electronic sound, so I guess it's fine with him not playing much. But I really hope he experiments more on this album. There was actually a time when I considered him a Guitar God! :p But that was before I had heard Matt Bellamy, Jonny Greenwood, The Edge, Jonny Buckland, etc.

I hope this album is more Delson-centric.. ;)

17. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I'm totally fine with "boring".

18. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I believe we all hope for that. But with Linkin Park, it's more about the song in itself, not each instrument showing off. It's unlikely, but we'll see.

19. Paolo

Paolo Well-Known Member

I love it. =) Can't wait for Living Things.

20. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

I COMPLETELY understand that. :) The whole song is more important than its parts. But the parts are important too, huh? Especially when we are talking about the guitars in a Rock band! ;)

Well, lets hope that all the promises (about this album having more guitars) are kept.. But I'm okay with anything, as long as its good music.