The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's just they way the album is being marketed. It doesn't really have any specific meaning.

2. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

Fantastic interpretation of the song, always nice to see a post by someone who can see further than 3 feet.

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

its bad marketing IMO

4. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

How come?

5. PandasFTW

PandasFTW Well-Known Member

Burn It Down sounds like a combination of dead by sunrise & new divide. i think it wouldn't be bad if the rest of the album sounded the same.

6. heavenscalamity

heavenscalamity Well-Known Member

Lolwut?

7. Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

I know its off topic but, I just pre-ordered LT off LP.com, and bought the year membership to LPU. The main reason I did this was to be able to buy tix to the North American Tour. Will I be able to get them tomorrow April 23 10:00 a.m. Local time or will I have to wait until Tuesday April 24 10:00 a.m. Local time?

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If you're able to login to LPU right now, you'll have access tomorrow :).

9. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Glad I read this.

By the way, Derek, are you going to the Camden show?

10. Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

Thank you it's just because on my email I got from LP.com with my recipt it says go to lpunderground.com on April 24 to get early access to LP North America tour tickets. Could this have been a typo? It should have been the 23 right?

11. Sonic

I thought the same.

Actually, I did the same as you and got the same emails. I signed up to LPU and everything just so I can order PIT tickets tomorrow, but the original email I got after buying the LivingThings/LPU package said they go on sale the 24th. Then I got another email on Friday, which is also on the main page as a news post on the LPU, said they go on sale tomorrow for LPU only, then album pre-orders on Tuesday, then everyone else Wednesday on forward.

So I would assume they go up tomorrow. I hope, anyway.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yep along with Todd, Andrea, .Amanda. and many others. We'll be wearing LPA shirts. You should buy one and join us.

And no worries, you're an LPUer so you get them tomorrow.

13. Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I sure hope so cause I want to be as close up as possible. I was going to go to the LP concert in CT at Moeghan Sun feb. 11 2011, but sadly chester got very ill and they had to cancel. It was going to be my first LP/first concert EVER and I was extremely sad to hear that they had to cancel with no post-ponement. I am more than excited now knowing they will be coming back to CT! But I probably wont get the best of the best seats since I'll have to wait until like 6:00 because thats the time I will be getting home tomorrow because I have a tennis match. At least I will still get pretty damn good seats, I'm expecting at least.

14. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

He meant, maybe the intention is to let the tracks be felt as huge and amazing even before hearing them.

15. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That's EXACTLY my problem with the song. It sticks out like a sore thumb on an album that is meant to be a maturation of the band. Everything else on MTM is introspective, political, mature and a step forward for the band, yet "Given Up" comes off to me as over-the-top complaining.

Furthermore you can't just say (paraphrasing) "it was on MTM so it can't be whiny". There's a myriad of different song types on the album, and you can't pigeon-hole a song because of the release it's on. That's like saying MTM is a political album because "No More Sorrow", "Hands Held High" and "The Little Things Give You Way" have political leanings. No, they just happen to be on the album.

The song is simple enough to be able to understand its meaning. Not debating that. There's just a lack of depth on this particular song when compared to the others on MTM. Great, people relate to it. I don't. Like I said, it's so been-there-done-that for the band. I feel it's cheesy and for Linkin Park's standards and beneath their capabilities, especially compared to some of the other gems on MTM (TLTGYA, LOATR, HHH, WID). A weak spot on the album.

16. Sonic

I was thinking about ordering one for myself and my girlfriend (she's coming, too). There's many to choose from so I'll see. Money is getting a little tight at the moment, but it's months away.

Have you ever been to Camden? What's it like? I was supposed to go there in 2004 for PR but didn't drive at the time and my friend bailed (still have the stub). Looking at some photos it's not your typical stadium.

17. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Having all the songs in caps just makes it seem really unprofessional to me. Almost like THE SONG NAMES ARE SHOUTING AT ME.

18. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

this si what i was talking about in my post, you just said it better.

19. Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

Unprofessional, well it may not be the most traditional way to title songs yet that's one factor of how this album is unique to other albums without even being released. The song title lengths are all except "LOST IN THE ECHO" three words or less which makes them seem to me more eligible and appropriate to be in caps. Linkin Park is so unpredictable and I find it really cool how no other popular artist having song titles in caps. Soon enough now, we'll probably see more artist doing this.

20. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Word.

MTM doesn't have any internal consistency whatsoever, completely unlike ATS's close coupledness or Meteora's "common thread". None of the songs have anything to do with the others. Given Up can't be saved by the others, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.