"LIVING THINGS" Now Available for Preorder from LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Well, when I pre-ordered it, I got this in my e-mail: In addition to the above, you are now subscribed to LIVING THINGS REMIXED, meaning you will be entitled to receive one new Linkin Park remix per month, for the next 8 months from the LIVING THINGS album. Delivery will start in May via email.

That's all they have told me =/

2. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Thanks for the info. Do the remixes have any additional costs? I guess not, right?

3. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

No, I didn't pay for it :)

4. Andreina

Hm.. I'm checking the checkout form and stuff.. And I don't think I will be able to preorder through LP.com to get access to the remixes.

Since I'm not buying it directly 'cause I don't have access to the currency, the person who will buy it for me will put their address in it, so I guess that they will send the email notifications for the remixes to the email account they register at checkout. So I really don't think he will agree to having the responsability to send me the files every month.

Well, amazon it is then. Bye bye remixes :( (Still depressed by no DVD this time) [​IMG]

5. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Why is this album so expensive compared to normal ones D:

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They probably aren't doing the making of DVD because they didn't have enough time. This album is coming out only 1 1/2 years after the last one, and as of like a month or two ago they were still finishing up the album. They probably had no time to produce a DVD (as that takes several months in itself).

7. Andreina

I agree as I have thought about that already. But I am wondering if they totally ruled out the possibility of releasing one altogether OR they could offer that in the future (putting ATS+ as an example although it's technically not the same thing).

I don't care about buying the album twice, really. I'm still hopeful they MIGHT do something in the future.

8. Arun1910

Why can't I order in the UK yet? Or does that have something to do with the 24th. That date is swimming around in my head for some reason.

9. Andreina

"EXCLUSIVE LINKINPARK.COM PRE-ORDER AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE OUTSIDE OF UK, NZ & AUS. FANS IN THOSE TERRITORIES CAN BUY THE SINGLE ON ITUNES HERE: UK FANS MAY ACCESS THE PRE-ORDER FROM LINKINPARK.COM ON 23 APRIL."

Right from the 1st post.

10. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Damn, No DVD sucks but I'm sure we'll get plenty of behind the scenes footage from future LPTVs.

Also, the more I thought about it, the title "THE MAKING OF LIVING THINGS" was starting to sound like a video I watched in biology class many years ago.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  11. nathy137

nathy137 Active Member

As ed said we can pre-order it from next monday, which makes me start to think that maybe they are waiting to announce some special feature with the pre-order like maybe a pre-sale to a UK tour that might be announced on monday as well.

That's just an idea though it probably is wishful thinking but still.

12. Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

I've read now so often that people think the preorder is expensive. Are you guys aware that you're getting 21 songs & earlier ticket presale?

13. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Nonetheless, when people buy in "bulk" (a complete album instead of individual songs) they expect a lower price. It's why Costco is so cheap. Most full albums are 10 bucks cheaper, and they can have twice the songs.

The real reason is because it is a pre-order and they know people will shell out more.

Even compared to ATS, this has a much higher price. I'm only paying a couple dollars less than I did preordering the ATS/DVD.

14. Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

I've only paid 15,99€ for the digital version, so no shipping, which is a normal price for an album in Germany. As far as I've seen here and on Twitter, the price seems to vary a lot depending on where you buy it.

15. Arun1910

Doesnt matter, UK iTunes is selling the album for £8.99 :D

16. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Well that would be a coincidence based on your currency and country then. Linkin Park is an American band with a CD that is very expensive on American standards.

17. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Anything extra? Haven't had the chance to look yet.

18. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I bought mine. I gotta admit I wouldn't be so annoyed if they had extra tour dates up. The tickets do nothing for me unless they add a show in Florida. Either way I always pre-order from the band to support them.

19. Arun1910

Nope, nothing extra :(

Also 16 Euros is around £13. However the album is selling for £8.99 so it DOES vary depending on where you live.

20. $treet$oldier

$treet$oldier I run untill the silence splits me open

I'm going to pre-order it in a dutch shop I think so I can listen to it the day of release (with ATS I even got it one day before release because of a mistake xD) and because it will cost me less.
    And I don't really care about those extra things, the Burn It Down download is not needed; I already have the official single (bought it from iTunes) and the remixes will be online a few hours after the release of them. Furthermore I don't really care about being first to get a ticket because I'm not even sure if I'm going to their concert in The Netherlands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.