"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Definitely not my favourite song on Living Things, I can tell that right now.

2. nathy137

nathy137 Active Member

Hey guys first post here :headbang:

Just one thing I'm a little annoyed is that because I'm in the UK I can't download Burn It Down and I can't pre-order the album until next monday, I mean it's fine because I've got youtube so I'll just constantly listen to the song on there, but also I don't know if anyone knows but could I pre-order the album on the US iTunes store, or would I need to have a US billing address like some people have told me before? If not then that sucks but oh well.

And I've actually found a UK website that is offering pre-order of the physical CD so I suppose it isn't too bad then.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

3. Personally I think it's a really catchy song. The instrumentation is really interesting.

But yeah, I don't feel that "wow" factor like "Waiting for the end" or even "The Catalyst". The structure is extremely commercial, and it even has the same meteora/hybrid theory style outro. The lyrics aren't up-to-par, especially the chorus. It sounds corny to me.

The thing I dislike the most however, is that the whole song feels very limited in creativity. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they should go back to their old roots, but it sounds as if Warners forced them to make this song extremely commercial and appealing. It even seems like it came from a demo version of the Catalyst.

I hope the rest of the album doesn't have the simplicity of th, because I would be very dissapointed. And yeah, this comment is going to get a lot of hatred, but honestly it's not their best song at all in my opinion.

4. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Completely agree with all of this. Maybe after two albums of pissing off the nu-metal fans, they're making one to piss off the rest of us :lol:

5. Now I know how the old school LP fans feel, and it feels terrible lol. Let's hope the album is so much better xD

6. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Well if it's bad, at least we get a shorter wait for the next album. Hoping for that folk record in 2014 lol

7. lprullzBG

lprullzBG Active Member

I can't believe I'm in Linkin Park's biggest fansite forums. Great job, FANS! Haven't been around for a while for the same shit, now I'm completely gone. Not that you care but just lettin u know.

8. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

lol! Linkin Folk
    or Folking park... sounds meh..

9. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Please tell me where exactly in the song the guitar is there so I can listen to it.

10. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

It's on the chorus, it's noticeable. It's playing an octave part.

11. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

And that is....?

12. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Seriously. You must have thought that you were listening to a synth. It's an electric guitar

13. Jack_Farrell

No, I mean the little guitar clip that was in the Burn It Down game. It was dope as fuck.

14. DiegoLPArg

DiegoLPArg Member

Completely agree with you. It's a 7 point song to me and I hope the rest of the album kick asses !!! HOPE GUYS !!!

15. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

After a few listens, I can now say that I came to the the conclusion that this song has no lasting impression on me. It's safe for me to say that I'm disappointed in Burn It Down. I really hope that the other songs are stronger than this. Until then, I'll hold off on buying this album even though the artwork really does catch my attention. >_<

16. Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

It's on The chorus, but really low in the mix.

17. RandomNames

RandomNames Active Member

It really did fade fast for me... but I'm still excited for the rest of the album!

18. Jack_Farrell

At what second exactly? I mean, you've heard it and all, it shouldn't be hard to tell me.

19. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Me gusta.

20. MrEthanator75

MrEthanator75 Banned

can anyone tell fore sure, in the chorus, is there distorted guitar power chords going on or is that some type of synth. hopefully its powerchords because if that's synth then it's official that i could have literally gone on the garage band app and made the whole damn song myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.