"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

So I was listening to it with my headphones on and the volume turned waaay up and I heard something I didn't catch at first on normal speakers. Anyone else hear the epic drums at about 2:50 in? I wonder why it's so faint, sounds badass!!

2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

They're a record label. The only way a band is going to have complete creative control is to go indie.

3. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Played it 10 times now and to be honest... I'm not that convinced about this song. :(

To me, it seems that the song isn't finished yet, it doesn't sound like the "end product". And I still think it's a little bit too slow.
    I truly hope that the other songs on the album will have more drums and more speed and will be more like a challenge to listen to.

Now let's see what it does in the charts.

4. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Not so crazy about it after the 2nd listen, then again I despised The Catalyst and after a couple of days (if not weeks) it became my favorite LP song. So there's that. I love the lyrics though, love em to death.

5. T-Issa

T-Issa Well-Known Member

I was afraid I wouldn't like it.
    nevertheless, it's good enough
    I like it ^_^^_^^_^

6. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Chester's voice carried the song all the way,I love it!

7. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Haha, I remember saying that when they were streaming A Thousand Horizons live and the comments came up on screen. Chester said it was his favourite comment of the night and I think I nearly cried with happiness haha. Good times :p

8. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I honestly felt the verses felt out of place and of lesser quality on most of M2M. I actually find they fit here. The rap lyrically and aesthetically just seems entirely disjointed though, like they really wanted to crowbar it in.

Overall I find it kind of generic. Makes me think of New Divide or a good amount of ATS with a rap verse tacked on. I hope it grows on me. I didn't love the Catalyst when I first heard it either.

9. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Omg.

Is all I have to say.

10. LPSerbia

LPSerbia Active Member

The song is great... I am not such a great fan of all those electro shit, but I like it... The thing is that they stopped writing "personal" songs after Meteora, and that is why this song is never going to be better than any song before MtM, for me... But there is someone that is going to love the song more than any other... I hope that they are going to find a new label company, or maybe publish the next album by themselves...

P.S.
    The song is really great, I love it all the way, can't wait to here the album!!!

P.P.S.

Mike's part is fucking AMAZING!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  11. love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

I have to admit, I was very worried I wouldn't like Burn It Down since I hated The Catalyst for a couple weeks (and because of the overly-electronic/dance direction many bands are taking lately). But LP showed yet again that they can create something new without sounding like everyone else.I really like Burn It Down despite the fact Mike's rap sounds a bit disconnected toward the end: Chester's voice is amazing, the music in the beginning reminds me of Burning in the Skies, and the overall song feels like What I've Done.
    It amazes me how they can still create such great music after so many years... Now*I'm beyond excited for Living Things, I'm sure it won't disappoint!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  12. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Anybody else think Chester/Mike alternating at the end sounds a little awkward? I like the chorus, but the lyrics fall a little flat. I'm a little underwhelmed right now. I'm sure it'll grow on me, but Linkin Park just doesn't make any songs that hit you in the face and you want to play 100 times in a row anymore after a first listen.

13. LPSerbia

LPSerbia Active Member

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!

14. enthouse

enthouse Active Member

Heh, I almost feel bad for not liking this after all the hype. I'm not a big fan of the lyrics and the hook isn't as strong as I thought it would be but it might grow on me.

15. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

Man this song flows for me. feeling the power. I love it! 25th listen :D

16. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I like the song. But, weird enough, it reminds me somehow of....Titanic music :lol: I mean, the synth notes and the way it sounds during the intro and the verses have a really titanic feel to me. ahah

17. Vic

Vic No game no life

The song is pretty nice, yeah, it doesn't feel that special because of the simple song structure. But you have to think that this is the first single and it has to be like that, it's a safe song and I'm ok with that. I'm pretty sure the album will contain songs that will really blow our minds :lol:.

18. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

For me, BID has elements of each album in it. Exactly as they intended.

It feels kind of like In Pieces/Burning In The Skies/Any number of songs from HT or Meteora. For HT or Meteora it's more for the structure and way they finish the song, and there is just a vibe within it that reminds me of Burning In The Skies, but more so of In Pieces.

I'm loving this song, but I dunno if it's enough to keep me going for over 2 months until the album comes.

EDIT

Add to the list New Divide. The electronic side gives it a similar atmosphere.

19. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I felt some of the songs on "Midnight" were quite "personal" in nature. :) Even some of the songs on "A Thousand Suns", like "The Messenger" and "Waiting For The End", consist of lyrics that definitely sound like they came from a personal place

20. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Quite underwhelmed, and not feeling it. Burn It Down is an interesting, yet curiously bland piece of music that never really takes off. The weakest of their new-album single debuts.

At least the artwork is a beaut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.