Mike Shinoda Confirms "LIVING THINGS" as Album Title + Talks Linkin Park Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

[​IMG]

2. A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

I'm sure LIVING THINGS will grow on me.

I never liked Mondays, maybe LP will change that.

3. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

I've been doing nothing but that for a month already lol figured I'd get back into the "album" mode and enjoy their most recent accomplishment before it's no longer such. But by gosh, you're onto something sir! =P

4. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I like the title, but I'm definitely very excited for tomorrow and the album right now! I never thought Meteora or Minutes to Midnight were strong names either. A Thousands Suns was a genius album name though.

I think Living Things is a reference to the songs on the album themselves, among other things. With all the energy/firecracker descriptions the band has been giving, I think it makes sense in that way.

I haven't been listening to the snippets, I've been strong this time haha. Learned my lesson with The Catalyst. So tomorrow will be great.

I think it's a good thing that they've learned to embrace their past. ATS mixed with HT energy sounds awesome. Great post from Mike, it really sounds like they're comfortable with themselves right now. Being a guitarist, I was getting kind of annoyed with the all the hate my favourite instrument has been getting from the LP camp lately. I mean, it's a very diverse instrument, so there's no reason to be so afraid of it. Brad not allowing himself to use it on the MTM sessions was just ridiculous in my opinion.

All in all, I really like the way they've revealed this album, and I have a feeling it will be something I'll really like.

Well, powerchords can still be lot more interesting than those boring octaves Brad seems to be playing in every song nowadays. In my opinion. I'm not really hoping for powerchords to make a huge return, but I'd really like the guitar parts they do actually use to be a little more deep and thought out.

On an unrelated note, my band is also releasing a song called "I'll Be Gone" very soon, so I was a little bummed to find out LP snatched the title, since we wrote it back in '09. Guess that's what you have to expect from Trollnoda!

Can't wait!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  5. FoxxPS

FoxxPS Human centipede, budget cut.

Shame England is only going to have a minor day :/

6. Zak

BTW that includes ALL radio interviews, LPTV videos and the like.
    'Cos I'm CRAZY like that.

7. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

??
    Is that a sin?
    lol

8. warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

What's up everyone?!

I'm a new member and this is my first post! I've been lurking on here for a few months and have been eagerly anticipating this album and have decided to join the hype!

I like the album title. I was a little skeptical at first but, it's grown on me. Especially since it seems like it fits in context with how the band feels about the album and the possibility that it could have a deeper meaning in terms of the content in the songs.

Anyways, I'm pumped for tomorrow and can't wait for the news and being able to hear Burn It Down on its entirety!!

9. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I can understand having opinions about the album title or song titles, but they're just titles. The only thing that they determine is the name of the world tour and what shows up on your iPod's screen when you're jamming out to new LP music. The content of LIVING THINGS is what matters here.

10. Zak

Welcome to the insanity!

11. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Can't wait for LIVING THINGS.

12. Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

so i'll be at work.
    how much time till the song out?

20 hours?

13. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

no one has been hating guitars, just repetitive power chords that seem to exist just to be loud. And there is guitar on every song in MtM. Do you mean ATS?

14. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

18 hrs, 25 mins, and counting

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You picked the perfect time to join. Tomorrow is going to be INSANE. And it's only the beginning!

16. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Well, Mike Shinoda could have meant "The single BURN IT DOWN [off of] the album LIVING THINGS will be available tomorrow."

17. Slim Shinoda

Slim Shinoda Iron Man

I can't wait :come2brazil:

18. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

I know they were not directly hating on the instrument, but from their comments it still seemed guitars were bound with a fear of their past.

Yeah, there is guitar on almost every song of ATS too, it's just that most the parts kind of suck in my opinion. The way they used it on ATS just seemed uninspired and boring in my opinion. If I remember correctly, Brad said that he wouldn't allow himself to use guitars in the writing phase of MtM, that's what I'm refering to.

19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

He probably doesn't sit at his Twitter and blog all day. I imagine he has a lot of shit today at the current time.

20. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

DAMN! I'm late to the party :(

Well it really is Living Things and Mike's post to my mind, confirms a deeper meaning! YAY!!

By the way I liked Mike's old look with red hair, I miss the days when Chester used to change his hair style alot too. Oh well. That's another story.

But they sound very sure that this will be a good one, and Mike made it sound like they knew what they were gonna do from the get go, which is awesome.

Can't WAIT for Monday tomorrow, I'm SUPER pumped!!!

Long live Linkin Park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.