Mike Shinoda Confirms "LIVING THINGS" as Album Title + Talks Linkin Park Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Why Joe, it's very easy to do.

It's called being in denial.

2. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I just love everything they do. I wasn't much of a fan of the title but now that it's confirmed, what the hell, I LOVE IT, I've gone over it, and I can't freaking wait. There has to be a reason for the album to be called like that, and I'm more than eager to find that out when I listen to the album.

3. Ant

Ant Ambient

I'm not trying to sound rude or cause a controversy, but why has this become such a war between fansites? We're all here to support the band, so I don't understand why either site is taking shots at another. They revealed the album title early -- good for them. It's not because they don't respect the band, it's because they love the band and are excited. But it's definitely asinine to start gloating about it on another fansite as some from said site did -- that's just rude.

4. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. Hmmm....

5. lhc-luiz

lhc-luiz Member

People said that the LPBR was lying and they had no reliable sources

http://bit.ly/HOmJ8i

at least you should have more respect for other fans sites
    I'm not bragging, because a Brazilian site said before everyone that the album would be "Living Things"
    but I'd like a little more respect only

6. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

Moving Pictures, Making Mirrors, Living Things..............................sounds good to me.

7. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

To those who disrepected it. But really, no one said they were lying, just because the site itself didn't give any proof, they just yap yap about it without solid evidence. It is human nature to deny those things.

8. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

deadly serious

its not trolling. trolling is saying something to get a negative reaction.

I think he's just going along with what the fanbase have basically decided will be the new album name. if we had discovered some other way to decode the words and make a different phrase, they would be using that phrase instead. Don't you think its weird we worked out the puzzle over a week ago yet got no confirmation from anyone that it was right? if they didnt want us to know or didnt want to confirm it, why hide it in the coding.

Adam was on the LPU chat yesterday when he said mike trolls the fanbase and will continue to do so. He can say whatever and you all lap it up.

Face facts the "album name" is a crap one. It is miles below every other name they have come up with. Just because linkin park made it, a lot of people on here just lap it up. If you think about it, as a phrase, its ridiculous. it needs to be said

9. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

The people at the LPA weren't slandering LPBR specifically in a sense.
    They were stating things without any credibility and thus making their news untrustworthy.

It could easily have been some other organisation saying the same things but if the credibility isn't there then they would've probably been treated the same.

It would've been the same if some random organisation screamed "we've cured cancer" only to have no proof.

As for the aggressiveness of the denials, I think that would be due to the fact that, amongst the chaos, something with no credibility will only enrage people.

10. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

As I've said in previous threads, if I see any indication of anyone trying to stir up trouble between fansites, I won't hesitate at all to hand out warnings, infractions and bans. This is really good news so let's not destroy it by slanting any fansite including this one.

You have all been given notice.

11. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

We all knew they will all be coming to shove that on the face. But here's the thing, the probable reason why Derek reacted that way (according to MY opinion, not trying to talk in behalf of him and/or the whole community) is because members have registered solely to insult this site, and reacted with hostility to what back then was a justified reaction to the possible single name/cover with no tangible proof whatsover, they claimed to have the sources but if they keep it in "secret" then it doesn't do much to present it as legit. LPA's always been a site who tries to post the most reliable and legitimate information, and they are in their right to doubt about certain news when such are UNCONFIRMED.

So I can say because I witnessed it, members of that community have registered to do nothing but to insult, because they felt offended about the LPA being wary to its members not to believe unconfirmed news, and are the right to act in their own defense when they are insulted in their own turf.

Nobody here has anything against that fellow fansite and/or its members.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  12. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

If you're doubting the new album name (assuming Mike's not still trolling), try this on for size:

After reading Mike's blog, I had a thought. He mentions that "in the early part of [their] career, [they] were inexperienced," creating, or being created, without a history or knowledge-base to guide new decisions. Yet all the decisions they did made, good and bad, "spun together to create a" "bridge between all the places [they've] been," all the experiences they've had. This has manifest itself as an evolution of music by trial and error, a "marry together all the ideas [they've] accumulated" and pieces of this puzzle which they've created: the molecules that represent essentials to the life of their music but only together create LIVING THINGS. And soon, they shall be born.

I can live with that.

13. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

When Living Things was first rumored, I wasn't really digging it. However, it has grown on me, and I really like it now. You can interpret it in so many ways, which is obviously what the guys were going for.

14. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

i disagree with your opinion. deal with that

15. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

:lol: it's funny because it's YOU saying it

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We have PLENTY of respect for other fansites. Stop manufacturing arguments/grudges that aren't there.

There is no "intentional competition" being started by us against other sites. We are a website that prefers to post confirmed information only. Even when we post rumors, we express any doubts we have in the news posts themselves, because we do not like to have the reputation of being a rumor mill. We work closely with the band and machine shop to make sure our information we post is (most of the time) accurate, and if we ever have any reason to suspect we're wrong, or are told to remove something we do it immediately. It's why when everyone was saying this was the album title (and we even knew it ourselves) we took it upon ourselves to wait until Mike said it, as we didn't want to jump ahead of the band in announcing it. We wanted to make sure we had confirmation.

So to make it clear, there's no "competitions" between us and other fansites, and we are certainly very respectful of other fansites as we've credited MSC on numerous news posts and even have worked with LPL and LPT on some contests. Please do not create feuds that aren't there. Thank you. As Luke said, warnings will be issued for anyone who tries to cause a fight between us and another site beyond this point.

17. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Guys, I find it quite curious that Mike hasn't corrected the last sentence yet (the one saying the single and Living Things will come out tomorrow). If it turns out that the album actually comes out tomorrow, I'll be like:

[​IMG]

18. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

However, that does not in any way mean it isn't true.

19. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

i remember when i first saw the cover to ATS i hated it, but it ended up being my favorite LP album

20. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I'm sure we'll are be like that one way or another...
    We can dream right? :leo:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.