New BURN IT DOWN Snippet Surfaces, Song Length Confirmed

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Don't want downloads just a stream of it.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's not about what's conventional as much as what sounds good. I don't think it'd be a good mix for the way the track is. And obviously, LP agrees.

I'll restate it: this has nothing to do with conventionality as much as getting the right mix of sounds.

3. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

Don't do what I said to do earlier

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  4. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Okay, GarageBand drum tracks r00l.

5. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Please do not PM or ask to be PM'd links, downloads, or mp3s to each other due to copyright infringement. This site could get into a lot of trouble and you could be banned from these forums.

6. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I really liked it a lot. Can't wait for monday =]

7. Geki

Geki >.

I've been listening to the LQ leak since it came out, I've listened the 30 second preview that came out last night about 100 times, and I've listened to the Amazon clip like 6 times now, and I love this song. I can't wait for this album...I'm more excited for it than I was for ATS, that's for sure. I think this song will be amazing. And if ''Living Things'' is the title, I like it.

8. Minus

Really?

[​IMG]

Say hi to the electronic drum kit. Guess what it is? It's a drum kit. Oh you may say, electronic drums suck balls. Well tell that to the following drummers that have used them:

Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater
    Neil Peart of Rush
    Danny Carey of Tool
    Nick Mason of Pink Floyd
    Roger Taylor of Queen
    Alan Wilder of Depeche Mode

Get used to electronic drums. Acoustic drums have their place, yes, but electronic drums have their place too. It's not all GarageBand tracks. Jesus.

9. hybridsoldier1989

I also don't like the synth at the end of the chorus, it sounds so cheese-ball. I remember people said the same thing about Jornada when ATS came out, but this (that synth line) is honestly worse.

10. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

11. hybridsoldier1989

Don't act like such a dick. I am a musician, and YES, I know what electronic drum kits are. And ALL of those drummers on that list have used electronic kits to make beats/fills that don't sound like I could select it out on GarageBand. You are seriously going to argue that that simple ass beat would even have made it onto a Tool album? For real?

I know it's Linkin Park and this is a Linkin Park forum, but it's not that hard for me to argue against the simple ass beat they threw onto BID. It honestly sounds lazy. Oh, and this would be a harder argument if it wasn't absolutely proven that that orchestrated melody in one of Mike's songs from the Fort Minor project wasn't directly lifted from GarageBand. l000000lz.

12. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

[​IMG]

13. Minus

I'm not defending the band for the sake of defending the band. But you have to admit the song doesn't really ask for a complicated beat. And like I said, maybe there are acoustic drums somewhere else in the song.

I'm also a musician. I play violin, viola, cello, piano, guitar and harmonica, to be exact. I've done my fair share of composing and was in a band that has an album up on iTunes. There's nothing wrong with simple beats. Hell, Chad Smith makes a living writing simple drum parts to give Flea and John/Dave/Josh/whomever may be the guitarist at any given time space to let their instruments shine. Nobody would say Chad is a bad drummer because of that. He just knows what's needed for each track. I'd like to side on the fact that Rob knows as well.

14. Who cares if the album's called living things? it's the music that really matters, guys.

15. hybridsoldier1989

That's a good example. I guess I am just disappointed in the two snippets. They sound too "New Divide." If everybody here wants a true progression, I don't see how anything we've heard thus far is that. But then again, it is the first single, and casual LP fans and listeners will EAT THIS UP. Because of the fact that it sounds like New Divide, a song I never liked except for the electronic breakdown.

16. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Whereeee did you get this information from?? Is this really true? The 11 and 7 minute songs get me so excited. Instant orgasm.

17. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

LOL Living Things. It's sad to know that that's probably the album name. No one wanted to admit that to theirselves even when the puzzle revealed it. People were like... whaa? Living Things? I doubt that.

18. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

My dad just said "I think Linkin Park are confused."

:mad:@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

19. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

This is BS because it should read "Open for Interpretation" not "to Interpretation."

20. hybridsoldier1989

I'm guessing the album will be 36:42.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.