BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateH.89

NateH.89 Veritas - Aequitas

(/-__-) I've look at the source code just as much as anybody else here. What I'm saying is that another password, could cause a different reaction to the terminal command. Just because it's not put there in the code in plain english, doesn't mean that it's not coded in in some other way. And I'm also not saying that I whole heartedly believe this is going to be right, just throwing out a decent theory. Obviously, we don't know what to do when we figure out the numbers/letters, and i think this is a decent possibility.

2. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Some of you think that we won't be able to solve it without the missing pieces of the puzzle. I don't think so. Days ago Mike was talking about "more than meets the eye" and "there's more" and so on. That wouldn't make sense at all if we wouldn't be able to solve it without the missing pieces. I can't keep up with the HTML/Java/Whatever stuff, but I'm sure that the solution is there, now and already days ago probably.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Okay to everyone treating "Living Things" as the correct answer, it's not that I'm 100% doubting this...but wouldn't you think that if that was the solution, with how much Mike, Adam and the rest of the LP crew are monitoring fansites/twitter feeds that Mike or someone else would've came out to congratulate fans for figuring it out like Mike did immediately after each ATS puzzle was solved?

And wouldn't said correct answer lead us to snippets, since the whole goal of this puzzle in the first place was to unlock snippets? Mike said that we can unlock clips of the song via this puzzle. I don't know about you, but entering "Living Things" in the terminal, and trying combinations with URLs doesn't produce any snippets. I'd prefer to think if that was the answer, we would've had a piece of the song by now. Only being real here.

4. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

It's not Living things though.

It's currently something like LIV/_NG_TH_/N_/_
    Using "Living Things" literally obviously won't work. The zeroes mean something.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Exactly. So everyone, move on.

I'm sounding like a broken record, but we need to address the issue regarding the one letter word at the end. How can we be so sure that 0's equate to spaces? Many people think that maybe it's an anagram, but if that were true, inserting spaces would be pointless. So I doubt it's an anagram.

Maybe the 0's denote some kind of mathematical operation that needs to be done, or something. I don't know.

6. Mindspeak

Mindspeak Active Member

7. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I said this elsewhere, but the spaces could denote that the answer is four words of varying lengths (3 letters, 7 letters, 2 letters, 1 letter). An anagram would still work with those restrictions.

8. Benjamin

I suppose that's not impossible, but I've never seen an anagram puzzle where the letters AND the order of the word lengths are mixed up. Besides, we really wouldn't need to know the varying word lengths...there wouldn't be that many possibilities to try after we have all the letters

9. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Please need to stop posting random shit in this thread that doesn't benefit the puzzle solvers. Please chat in other threads such as random chat. Here, let's stay on topic and plow through this puzzle. No trolling, not bullshit, no random shit, and definitely no being stupid.

10. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

OK so using binary AND and OR on the 4 digit numbers didn't get anywhere. Do not go down yonder path.

And now I just thought to try NOT and compare them. Oh man. Here I go again.

Random fun fact, NULL (true zero) in a string of characters means "end of string." Is that relevant? IDK.

11. Derek

We're thinking of locking this thread (for posterity) and starting a Part 2 News Thread. Thoughts on this LP fans?

12. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

everyone tweet @m_shinoda @heydudeimadam @eyesandearsent @uprising_create now. if enough people tweet them maybe we will get a hint!

13. Derek

Our reasons for locking the thread is that with 4,500 posts it's impossible to follow. Pages are coming too fast and fans can't understand what's going on. A new thread focused ONLY on the code that was posted as the "right track" would really help.

14. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Have you ever put your name into an anagram solver? There's, like, thousands of potential combinations of actual words. Hahaha

15. GoldFire

GoldFire i haz teh codez

My point is that this is literally impossible unless they change the code. I program in javascript for a living and I've read every line of javascript on the BID page. There is no secret password in the terminal, it simply can't exist with the way the code is setup right now.

16. Benjamin

Yeah, and there's also a million LP fans :lol:.

It really wouldn't take that long to enter in all the possibilities.

17. Derek

O hai.

We kind of like your idea. Allow this thread to be used for "puzzle piece updates" but make a separate thread that focuses ONLY on the number code as well.

18. disadams

disadams Active Member

Maybe is the last character!!

19. Cob15

Cob15 Member

3 letters using LIV: LIV LVI VLI VIL IVL ILV - I'm well aware these aren't really words
    2 letters using N_: AN EN IN NA NE NO NU ON UN
    1 letter using _: A I
    7 letters using _NG_TH_:
    ATAGHAN
    BATHING
    CHUTING
    ETCHING
    GAHNITE GREENTH GNATHAL GNATHIC GUNSHOT
    HAFTING HALTING HANGOUT HANGTAG HANTING HASTING HATTING HEATING HEFTING HENTING HILTING HINDGUT HINTING HISTING HITTING HOGNUTS HOOTING HOSTING HOTTING HUNTING HURTING HUTTING
    INFIGHT INSIGHT ITCHING
    KITHING KNIGHTS KYTHING
    LATHING LENGTHS LENGTHY LIGHTEN
    NAUGHTS NAUGHTY NIGHEST NIGHTIE NIGHTLY NOTHING NOUGHTS
    PITHING
    SHOTGUN SHUTING STENGAH
    THANAGE THAWING THEGNLY THEMING THENAGE THOLING THONGED THOUING THRONGS TIGHTEN TITHING TONIGHT TOUGHEN TUSHING TYTHING
    UNSIGHT
    WHITING WITHING

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  20. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

LIV/_NG_TH_/N_/_

LIVNGTHN _ _ _ _ _
    LIVNGTHN

THE/SONG/IS/???? (VN)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.