"Burn It Down" Confirmed As New Single, Out April 16th, 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

If only we've got some official word, snippet, sneak peek, anything!! I'm very impatient, lol. But I think what I heard was real.

2. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

And with that said...

Warner sucks a bag of dicks. I understand their intent and all, but they suck a bag of dicks, maybe ten even (Snagglepuss voice).

Somebody did a shitty job at recording this song, with speed-ups, cuts, clips, talking, and a bunch of noise and they wanna say that it's copyright infringement when in actuality they just don't want people to hear the song. Seizing LPA is like arresting somebody for having a shitty Chinese bootleg dvd of a film where half of the screen is missing and the subtitles are terribly translated.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Copyright infringement is copyright infringement. It doesn't matter if it's a crystal clear FLAC rip, or the worst quality rip in existence (i.e. this rip). The song was out there for free in some capacity, and that is copyright infringement. Warner aren't the bad guys here, and shouldn't be treated as such because they're doing what they legally have the power to do and there's nothing wrong with that.

4. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

How can this site knowingly facilitate copyright infringement if they don't know whether or not the leak was actually the real song.

It would make more sense to take it down if the leak was confirmed...

5. Derek

Not discussing whether or not it's real or fake, as no official indication or announcement of such has been made. We're just covering ourselves here.

6. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

It seems intent is what matters (?).

That does make me ask a weird question though. If some random d00d makes a fake song and says it's by Linkin Park. He would have the copyright to it and not WB? So WB would of course take it down because of the artist and title LOOK infringing, but are they in the legal right to do so?
    it probably doesn't matter because WB has a big sack of money and can do whatever they want and random d00d does not have a big sack of money.

7. Elaine

Maybe they could have respectfully contacted them with an email and say that they would take it down if they confirmed it was the real thing, otherwise just do nothing?

On the other hand, I do see why they did what they did, and it was a relatively smart move. However, I just think [in my opinion] the above would have made a little more sense.

8. Derek

9. Elaine

10. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Plus LPA didn't host the song nor encourage/conspire anything copyright infringement-related.
    The main problem is that the song is not officially released and this leak isn't the best representation of their product (lo-fi and free). In fact, they would never sell some shit that sounds this bad. That does not give them any kind of right to threaten this site....

At the same time, the people who work for Warner are just following orders. The douchebags are the ones that give them

11. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I didn't get a chance to hear it... Oh well. I've got a feeling it's gonna be EPIC!

12. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

They took down my links. Regardless, we all know it's real. I mean, mike_gianino edited it until it was clearly Chester's and Mike's voices.

13. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Burn It Down Today......

14. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Yes.
    And why would WB want it down so bad if it was fake? Why would it be copyright infringing if it was fake?
    It's real.

15. Derek

Incorrect. We uploaded it this morning, which in hindsight wasn't very brilliant of us to do.

16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

the fact is is that it is gone, theres nothing we can do let's move on and hope for officially snippets soon!

17. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

well damn.

18. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

In the old thread with the leak somebody said that Burn it Down will wear Chester out live. I didn't get that impression at all. It's got about the same energy as New Divide or What I've Done.

But fuck...Chester could do a set with Given Up 14 times and Blackout 23 times and not tire. He's a fucking BOSS.

19. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

I would not mind hearing Given Up 14 times live... haha

20. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

He is. Especially when you see him scream his lungs out and then sing perfectly in tune. He's one of a kind, the only of his type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.