MTV: Chester Discusses New Single "Burn It Down"

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Thats wrong because its an opinion, there are no rights are wrong. Unless you mean popular opinion does not = fact

2. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

beatingA_DeadHorse.gif This "debate" is always going to repeat itself, and that's fine. But some of us are getting tired of it in this thread, honestly all I can say is we should look to the future, anticipating "Burn It Down" and the 5th album and the video, etc. Some of us hate Meteora, others love it (I know I do), but seriously now.

Anyway, do you guys think the video will premiere on April 16th also? I don't think it will if they're still filming it, but I can't say that for sure. They do love adding a ton of VFX to their vids nowadays though.

3. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

i agree....this thread is about the new single and its turned into a stupid debate over "bad" Linkin Park over "good" Linkin Park and how much people hate Meteora and all that...nothing is good OR bad...pretty simple, create a thread for a debate if there already isnt one, this one is for NEEEWWWWW Linkin Park in 17 days. thanks.

4. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Lets just leave as this.

There is no Good or Bad Linkin Park, as Good or Bad Linkin Park songs are only good or bad to you and not everyone.

OT, Hopefully the video will be released on the 16th. I think they finished filming so that gives them a good 3 weeks to edit the video

5. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Opinions are never wrong. You just don't like their opinion.

6. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

7. Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i was on the verge off writing something similar to this. actually the whole post is great. IMO not a much more mature way left to end this debate...

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Qwerty19 basically said it best. I think it's time to put an end to the debate now and move on.

9. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That's the cool thing about objectivity though, it doesn't matter whether you're for it, or against it. It will always exist.

Yes, what you listed is someone's personal, subjective criteria for what makes a good album.

Again, true. But this is where the two sides start to lose each other.

Let's say you're buying a car, and you bring your friend with you for help. You're looking around, and your friend says "that car right there is the best car here." you ask him/her "why?" and he/she says "because it's the color blue, and I love the color blue."

Your friend's criteria for what makes a good car is so incredibly shallow, that it makes their opinion kind of moot. Shouldn't they be considering gas mileage? Do the brakes work well? Does it have a good crumple zone so you don't go flying out the windshield in the event of a collision? (As you can tell by this example, I obviously know a fuck ton about cars. XD)

Your friend wants to judge the car based on its color. Are you going to listen to this person? Probably not.

Likewise, when someone goes "I like Meteora best because it is more catchy and energetic," they are essentially saying they like the blue car best because it is blue. Which is fine, they can have their own opinions based on whatever criteria they want. But when someone else comes along who likes music that is complex (gas mileage) and creative (good brakes), you don't think that person can objectively give the blue car person a million reasons as to why they are wrong?

I think they certainly can. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and criteria to base those opinions on, but not all criteria is created equal. And that's where objectivity comes into play.

I do listen to all of those bands, and I think that, objectively, they are better bands than Linkin Park. But, subjectively, I enjoy Linkin Park the most.

Edit: Derek ninja'd me. Awkward.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  10. Serenity

Yeah, a good deal of post-production doesn't necessarily mean it will take a long time. I do hope they release the video on the 16th, I'm just not counting on it. Guess we'll see.
    I know I'm not alone when I say that I hope the video premieres in high quality, and not a while after like with "The Catalyst."

11. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Why are you guys talking about the new video? We have a 9-year-old album to debate.

12. Serenity

:FUUUUUU:

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

:lol:

14. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

It has to be fake. But still not bad so.

15. FromTheInside1413

FromTheInside1413 Member

I think we can all agree LP is awesome regardless. I'm ready for this new single to come out. I can't wait!

16. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

LINKIN PARK FUCKING RULES!!! :headbang:

that is all.

17. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Nice one, anyone knows its true name?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  18. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I don't think they're still filming it because Joe said in a tweet that he "just shot it", so I guess they're done with the filming and now they're adding CGI or else.

19. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Or...
    If you're here means LP did/are doing something you like and they still interest you. So is it for the past or the present and future, just keep supporting them for what they do that satisfies you personally.

20. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

ALL CLIPS OF BURN IT DOWN AND LOST IN THE ECHO ARE FAKES. TRUST US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.