RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Ahah you turning this in your favor. I remember a recent Chester interview ( ATS era) when he said "Jane's Addiction, Ministry, Depeche Mode are probably my favorite bands ever...they're the one I pay the most attention to". Jane's addiction is rock, Ministry is metal.

Also, Mike listens to a ton of stuff. He said once he has more than 10 000 musics on its computer. He likes indie-electronic stuff indeed, but he's also a fan of Metallica/ Thrice/Deftones/...Bands which all have heavy songs. And also, Mike is a super hip-hop fan.

Also, band members are all fans of Metallica/Led Zeppelin/...Bands which belongs to the rock universe.

Don't make it seems like LP do not like ehavy stuff or metal. They're just not fan of the "rap-rock" genre, aka bands like limp bizkit for example.

2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Not a single one of the bands you just mentioned is nu-metal. Which was exactly the point I was making.

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

But you can't tell by hearing the song, nor does it strike a chord with most people on an emotional level. People can really relate to LOATR because everyone dies, and the message is clear. Not everyone can relate to something vague that is inside them that pulls beneath the surface.

4. Qwerty19

Deftones began as a nu-metal band :awesome: But apparently I missunderstood your first post. I know LP members don't like nu-metal. I'm almost sure they never did. The thing which bottered me was the part " Chester listens to this kind of stuff, Mike to this kind". I just wanted to point out that they also like other stuff, more heavy/rock-orientated that the things you mentionned, and that it would be possible for them to make another "heavy" record, even if it's not nu-metal.

Edit: and also, while I agree on the fact LP members don't like nu-metal, I'm still sure they enjoy some of the HT/Meteora songs. Papercut is one of Chester favorite LP songs for example.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They were an alt-metal band and Chino rapped a version of "Pink Maggot" and rapped on "Back to School".

6. Qwerty19

Yes, but Adrenaline album is obviously nu-metal. Good nu-metal, but nu-metal :cool:

7. mainap

mainap Well-Known Member

im just post to reach 1000 comments :trollface: anybody else ? no? never mind

8. mainap

mainap Well-Known Member

there was a time when all Lp fans were together... it sounds like you want to tell a very old story :popcorn: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.