RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Asking the band or anyone affiliated with the band isn't going to get you answers. This will be announced when it's ready to be. Just hang tight, I'm sure "Burn It Down" will be addressed really soon.

2. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

I hope they don't build up too much hype going into this album like they did with ATS. I kind of like this whole sneaking up on with a new album. Lettuce be realtea no one really thought they would be releasing new content this soon. I want the style of music to be a surprise :)

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Same here! :D But there'll be a lot of hype, just the same, since it's a new Linkin Park album. I'd just like the band to not throw us too much information about the album at us. Otherwise, I'll probably be avoiding as much as I can in way of spoilers

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  4. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I went back to the April 16th section of the All Access website, and "Burn It Down" is gone from the site.

5. minuteforce

Indeed, that's been the subject of intense discussion for the last few pages now. :)

6. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Just because other bands have done it doesn't mean LP will. And they won't.

7. The Joesen One

Oh. Sorry, I'm too lazy to read the previous pages.:D

8. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

For shame sir and/or madam. For shame.

9. The Joesen One

Sir.

By the way, I removed "Burn It Down" from LP discography and Iridescent page in Wikipedia, since it's only a rumor as of now. I retained it though in the band's page, although I stated that it isn't confirmed and it was removed from All Access.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

@LPHybridSoldier: Why would a band forego 5-6 years of musical evolution (they started changing their sound around 2006) just to please some fans that are stuck in the past? I'm sorry, but I really don't understand fans that demand Linkin Park go "BACK TA DER ROOTZ". It's not that I disliked the nu-metal sound (those albums were important to me at that point in my life), but I find it ironic that some fans call ATS pop/mainstream/selling out...when going back to a more marketable sound to sell more records would be the very definition of selling out or going pop.

The band exhausted their old sound to death. They did 2 albums, a live DVD and a mashup EP with that sound. As Mike correctly pointed out in the MTM DVD, other bands were beginning to copy their sound and attempts by the band to make that sound weren't sounding "authentic" anymore. It was coming off cliche, and like a parody of themselves.

We're not anti-nu metal here and never will be, but I'm kind of amused that it's been over 5 years since the band changed their sound and people are still expecting them to return fully back to their Meteora sound. It's never going to happen. The band has stated that many times, and honestly...if they sell out and become parodies of their older selves I'll probably stop listening to them out of protest. I want them to evolve. Other fans should too.

11. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

WHY HAS THE SONG BEEN REMOVED?..........I WAS SO HAPPY

12. minuteforce

Isn't that the question you travelled back in time and established the Linkin Park Association to find an answer to? ;P

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What's an Assocation? :trollface:

14. minuteforce

Ooh, got me. ;D

15. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

woot, we now have a trollface emote? is nais!

16. minuteforce

We've had one for ages but intentionally kept it from you. :trollface:

17. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

When Mike posted this on his Twitter on March 24 (also the same day LPA posted about the single), "Also, please direct all questions regarding the new album and single to @phoenixlp", wasn't he kind of addressing the fact that the name of the song was leaked? Maybe Mike and the band really want to release the song but Warner Bros didn't want to yet, so when the name of the song was leaked, in a way Mike confirmed that there would be a new single out soon? And sorry if someone posted this already, I skipped a few pages in the forum.

18. minuteforce

Different people have different but equally-valid views on that. Shinoda could have simply been addressing the fact that there will be a lead single one way or another rather than specifically referencing those specific leaked details ... but, then, the timing's pretty hard to argue against. :)

The fact that he's never brought the subject of a lead single for this upcoming album before kind of jumps out at you as well, although one is obviously coming up soon - if the album is still due for release in mid-June - whether this "Burn It Down" rumour is true or not.

19. The Joesen One

Mike's doing two things.

1. Avoid confirming as of that day if this single is a fact or a rumor
    2. Intentionally annoying Phoenix:trollface:

20. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

how dare you! hmm, seems like i`ve been sleeping under rock for some time, there is a ton of new emotes i`ve just noticed....oh well. :trollface:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.