Exclusive New Album Details: Chester Talks to Kerrang! Magazine | Full Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Legit LOL'd. Hahahahahahaha

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If they do bring back any element of the "Meteora" sound, I hope those elements sound more like the Meteora we heard in the LPU11 demos instead of the final product. Instrumentally, apart from the power chords and crunchy guitars (which detracted from some of the demos), they were much much better.

3. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Seen a few folks suggesting LP should name the new album "Linkin Park" .. If that really happens, it would be ÜBER awesome that my two favorite bands release self-titled albums in 2012. Crossing fingers.

And as for the rest of the thread discussion, I left on page 11, read a few couple more and got over it. If anyone wants to talk about the actual article in the 1st post, I'll be up for it.

4. FromTheInside1413

FromTheInside1413 Member

After reading that article, i'm even more excited than I was before!

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just want the new album to be full of surprises.

Good ones like Chester rapping in Blackout. I still love the trippy/unexpected nature of that song.

Welcome to the LPA!

6. FromTheInside1413

FromTheInside1413 Member

Thank you I appreciate it!

7. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

This is the face I pictured everyone who participated in the "New vs Old LP" debate having:

[​IMG]

Don't ask me why.

8. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

I dont understand this meteora hate all of a suddden,i think that was their second best album and so do millions of LP fans .Numb and Faint are probably two of the top three most famous LP songs.Even in a country such as mine NUmb is very popular,in the college i go to Numb is the only english song most of the people would have heard.i would end by saying Linkin Park would'nt have been here without Meteora,if they had released M2M in 2003 ,Linkin Park would have been labelled a "one Hit Wonder' like some other nu metal bands.I still dont get it,NO MORE SORROW and GiVEN UP sond the same ,and what ive done/new divide/BITS sound similar ,and those shitty songs from M2m(little things,In (insert peices or between here) sound the same and so do Brad's solos in What Ive done and Shadow of the day,and people like Minus only point out that Papercut and hit the floor sound similar.

9. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? I love Hybrid Theory. It's my second favorite Linkin Park album right after A Thousand Suns. I think even though i love Minutes to Midnight just as much as Hybrid Theory, i think Hybrid Theory and A Thousand Suns are the most creative and inspired albums LP have made. And i don't mean that ias n groundbreaking and earth shattering and completely new and never before been heard. I mean most creative for LP that they have made. I don't know how to explain it. They made both albums from a place of trying to do something new with no one to please but themselves.

Now Meteora, with the exception of the intro of SIB, Breaking the Habit, and Easier to Run, the album is just loud noise with no substance.:awesome: I can understand people loving it though. I mean i occasionally now and then don't immediately click the skip button whenever my shuffle plays Numb. Ironically, that was the song that introduced me to LP.:lol: Although, i do love singing along to it live. :clap:

10. saad94

saad94 Well-Known Member

This interview got me all pumped up, at least the new single needs to be out already! Or at least a preview, I'm sure we all would love that.

11. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

You didn't have a Lady Gaga, a Ke$ha, a Katy Perry back then.

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's been there for a while. Don't be so surprised. ;"

Well, you're just rehashing an already worn-out argument here. I'm just gonna quote Tim's post from earlier in reply:

13. Rebel Traj

14. minuteforce

Have you actually read through all the posts in this thread painstakingly explaining how "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora" are chock-full of pop music? ;"

Chester's one-sixth of the band. The band members can barely agree on a description for an upcoming release, let alone clearly define what the "MAIN basis" of their music is.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  15. Rebel Traj

By the way,

Does anyone remember Phoenix getting that electronic synthesizer bass guitar'ish thingy?
    o.o?

16. Rebel Traj

17. minuteforce

Mhm.

Off-topic (plus double-post) ... but, FYI, that was a Ztar, which was a controller rather than a synth. I was the one who brought in the news way back. :)

18. Rebel Traj

One more thing, we now have given a complete full description about what 'pop' is.
    So now, what is rock? Not METAL, like Zeppelin, I mean rock.Cuz I don't think the band members were like; hey! let's make some pop music! that sounds metal'ish. Lets just leave them to the genre Linkin Park. :) I don't think they like the word 'pop'. Neither 'nu-metal'. 'Rock' they do agree with. Because we can go back in time saying every band that's called Rock on Wikipedia is actually pop >.> Ofcourse it is pop music, with the name Rock. Or alternative rock or whatever there is. Y SO MANY GENRES :WTF:

19. minuteforce

The tags "pop" and "rock" aren't mutually exclusive. :" In this context, "pop" refers to composition techniques and "rock" denotes instrumentation more than anything else.

From what we've gathered over the years, Linkin Park don't care much for genre/style tags when it comes to their own music but the influences they draw from in making what they make are often pretty distinct ...

20. Rebel Traj

Linkin is just too good for any genre :rastamike:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.