LPA Monthly-Mix Up February - Winner

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What a month! Before we announce the winners we would like to extend a big thank you to all of you who participated in our first ever "Free-For All" event in Monthly Mix-Up history. For the month of February we went against regular conventions, deciding against a genre entirely, and instead going the route of challenging our talented remix community to re-interpret Linkin Park's "Burning In The Skies" into whatever genre they saw fit. With it's unique song structure (alternating between 6/4 and 4/4 respectively) this song proved to be a challenge to many, but the results that poured in were nothing short of exceptional. This is one of the few months where almost every submission was capable of being a winner, and we applaud everyone for their incredible display of talent. It took us an extra day to come up with a decision, and we had to feature 4 runners up because of this, so you should all be very proud of yourselves!

Without further delay, the winner of February's Monthly Mix-Up "Burning In The Skies" Free-For-All Is:

WINNER: theblackdonut - Burning In The Skies (Deadwood Remix)
    Click here to listen!

One of the most avid supporters of our LPA Monthly Mix-up competition; theblackdonut delivered right out of the gate, putting on a strong showing for February with his "Deadwood" remix of Burning In The Skies which crafted the mellow album opener into a pounding dance hit with a very satisfying drop mid-song. Our members reacted very favorably to this remix upon it's release, and we happen to agree with their decision. Blackdonut has been steadily improving month over month, and this remix was not only his best submission yet, but also good enough to be considered the winner. Congratulations theblackdonut!

RUNNER UP: Keaton Hashimoto - Burning In The Skies (Orchestral Remix)

Click here to listen!

Already well known within the Linkin Park community for his remix album "8-Bit Theory" and his Download To Donate featured remix of "The Catalyst", Keaton once again proves his musical prowess by submitting a beautifully constructed orchestral remix of this month's track. Great work Keaton!

RUNNER UP: Katten_Julbrev - Burning In The Skies (KattenJulbrev2012 Remix)
    Click here to listen!

A newcomer to the LPA Remix scene, and one of the newest members to our forums, katten_julbrev signed up (after being a longtime lurker) to submit this entry, and won instant praise from our members for his creativity on the track. Great work katten!

RUNNER UP: Storm - Burning In The Skies (M. Storm Remix)
    Click here to listen!

An often beautiful, and sometimes chilling re-interpretation of Burning In The Skies, Storm won our respect for thinking outside of the box and adding new backing vocals to the track (sung by his partner Monica) that added a dreamlike quality to the song, giving the track a whole new meaning while staying faithful to the feeling of the original track. Well done Storm!

Thanks again to everyone for participating in this month's challenge! We encourage all of you to check out our MARCH contest, where we are challenging our members to create a hip-hop remix of their favorite Linkin Park track. Enjoy!

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Congratulations to everyone, really. Thanks for the beautiful words there.
    Though I don't know if the runner ups are in order of podium (so 2nd and 3rd place), if so I have to say that I had a radical different podium in mind lol. Well that's subjective however.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Congrats to the winners! I'm glad Keaton got atleast a runner up. I loved all of the remixes this month, and no disrespect meant to anyone else's mix, but, Keaton's was my favorite.

Derek

Runners up are not podium or in any order. :)

Hybrid

I know. :) I really enjoyed last month's remixes.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Congratulations to theblackdonut and to all the runners up! I agree with the general consensus that this might have been the best month of remixes thus far. Awesome work all! Thank you for a large playlist of wildly different interpretations of BITS :) Hope this month's contest is similarly busy.

Derek

Hows your ear infection doing? Feeling better?

Hybrid

:quagmire:

Seriously though, I hope you are feeling better.

katten_julbrev

katten_julbrev Member

Congrats to theblackdonut and all
    the runner ups! See you in the march competition. Btw im a dude :-D

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Doing not too bad thanks man! Doctor confirms it's nothing major, but it might take a few more days before it's 100%. I can work on speakers fine, but not headphones.

As a musician, you'll probably appreciate the hilarity of one of the symptoms though: my ears are out of tune. Yeh. I kid you not. My ears are out of tune. I had no idea that was even possible. Basically everything sounds like it's gone through a Chorus pedal. Everything sounds slightly 80s. Very nostalgic, I'll miss it when it's gone.

I thought at first that something was wrong with my DAW. Then I realized that everything I listened to had the same effect, at which point I thought: “Ah phew... I thought Cubase was broken there for a moment, but no it's ok, it's only my ears. Hang on...”

Ironically, about one day before the symptoms started, I upgraded to the full version of Melodyne. Yes, that's right folks. I bought pitch correction software the same week my ears went out of tune. Average week.

:p I'd like to say I was joking, but no, it's all true. It'll be better in a few days though, so no worries

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Congratz to everyone who took park. :)

Paolo

Paolo Well-Known Member

woohoo I won, thanks!

I didn't expect that I would win, because I really thought Katten_julbrev was gonna win. :)
    Congratulations to Katten_julbrev, Keaton and Storm for being in the runner-ups.

And also congratulations to everyone who took part this month, this was an awesome month.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Congrats theblackdonut!

Thanks to the staff for runner up, and everyone who dug my mix! Much love. <3

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Congrats everyone! :)

Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

Congrats to theblackdonut for the win, awesome mix (",)
    also congratulations to all the runners up, especially Katten who was my personal Fav......well done everybody

Massive LOL
    i had the same thing happen after i crewed for Motorhead, their sound was very loud, and (in my opinion) a terrible engineer on their mixing desk.
    i was even standing behind the rig for the duration of the gig, then next day in the studio i pulled up a track i was working on, to get that out of tune thing going on, after a couple of hours of puzzlement i sat back in my chair and realised i couldn't hear any fans in my studio, it lasted a whole week before i could hear properly again, this taught me to invest in some good quality ear plugs (",)

hope you recover soon mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.