Results for the 2011 LPA Awards

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Benjamin, Feb 5, 2012.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

The moment everyone's been waiting for has arrived! The votes have been tallied and the winners are ready to be announced! Before I announce the winners, I want to thank everyone who voted along with the rest of staff for allowing myself to co-host the awards this year. Lastly, I want to thank Jeff and Ree for co-hosting with me.

FAVORITE LPA MEMBER

[​IMG]

As he celebrates his one year anniversary of joining the LPA, Hybrid certainly has something else to celebrate! But, why Hybrid? Probably because of his mix of dedication to the site, his kindness towards others, his intelligence, and his willingness to help out in the community however he can. Amazing job Hybrid!

SECOND PLACE: Dustin and Ree (tie)
    OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Derek, Minus, Joe, Kaeton, Jesse, and ShankyShank

FAVORITE STAFF MEMBER

[​IMG]

Coming off her victory of winning best newbie last year, Ree has climbed the latter to the essential top to claim the award for favorite staff member! From her love towards the site to her sweet British charm, it's easy to understand why she won this award. Congrats Ree!

SECOND PLACE: Derek
    THIRD PLACE: Joe and Jeff (tie)
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Todd

MOST DEDICATED MEMBER

[​IMG]

No man/woman deserved this award more than Derek. I would need a lot of buckets or some shit to show all of the blood, sweat, and tears that he's put towards this site. Keep up the amazing work, Derek!

SECOND PLACE: Benjamin, Jeff, Super Sonic
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Hawk, Skittle, Joe, Zane, and Casey

NICEST MEMBER

[​IMG]

And now Ree claims her second award! And for good reason. Ree has been one of the nicest members on the boards since she's joined. You'll always see her welcoming new members and having conversations with, well, everybody!

SECOND PLACE: Derek
    THIRD PLACE: Vdalem
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Hybrid, Joe, Louis, Arlene, Dustin, and Benjamin

MOST INTELLIGENT MEMBER

[​IMG]

No surprise here. He seemingly wins this award every year. Why? Because not only is Todd the guy behind the scenes keeping the LPA alive, he also does not hesitate to post in serious/tech chat and other forums to show off his brain. Keep it up, Todd!

SECOND PLACE: Jesse and Derek (tie)
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Hybrid, Benjamin, Louis, El Muerto, Jordan, Vriska, Mark, Minus, and Dr. Octogonapus

FUNNIEST MEMBER

[​IMG]

These awards would not have felt right if Joe didn't come away with something. This year, it's funniest member! Whenever he finds the time, anyone can find Joe in the shoutbox saying outrageous things that make people burst out laughing in front of their computer; often resulting in signatures changing to capture his hilarious remarks!

SECOND PLACE: Minus
    THIRD PLACE: Jeff
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Hybrid, Timothy, Vdalem, Todd, ShankyShank, and Hawk

BEST NEWBIE

[​IMG]

Logic dictates that Hybrid had to win Best Newbie. After all, he's already won favorite member! Congrats on your second award Hybrid!

SECOND PLACE: CalloReach141 and 1STPKLOSER (tie)

MOST CONTROVERSIAL MEMBER

[​IMG]

Winning the same award last year, Minus still has not shied away from his controversial antics! However, after getting banned for seven days a while back, the ice has probably been the thinnest it's ever been for him. But does Minus give a shit? Probably not, because he's controversial, damn it.

SECOND PLACE: F-ck Casey and Travz21 (tie)
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Jesse and Pidgeon84

MOST RANDOM MEMBER

[​IMG]

tROCKS24, you are random, but we love you because of that fact! And congrats at winning your first LPA award!

SECOND PLACE: Sarah, VeLLi, Jesse, MKH, and Hawk (tie)

MOST ATTRACTIVE MEMBER

[​IMG]

This year it's .Amanda. that walks away with the most attractive award! Her looks have captured the majority of this year's voters and understandably so! Congratulations .Amanda.!

SECOND PLACE: Ree and LizLP (tie)
    THIRD PLACE: Will, Derek, Tom, Arashi, Dustin, Theazninvasion68, Puresque, and Sarah

MEMBER YOU WOULD MOST LIKE TO MEET

[​IMG]

Who else would an LPA member rather meet? Not only is he the mod father of the site, but Derek has also befriended a large portion of the community with his awesome personality! So, Derek, what hotel is closest to your house?

SECOND PLACE: Ree, Hybrid, and Mr. Long (tie)
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Tom, Joe, Benjamin, Messy Marj, 28thART, and Will

BEST THREAD

[​IMG]

1001 Reasons to Love the LPA[/B] is perhaps the most fitting choice for this award. Nothing sums up the boards more than this thread! And, funnily enough, there's already more than 1001 reasons listed. Also, LPA member Sarah deserves recognition for starting this thread. Nice idea, Sarah!

SECOND PLACE: Random Thoughts 24, VeLLi Appreciation Thread, and Funny Picture thread (tie)
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: LPA Monthly Mix Up, How Linkin Park Changed my Life, Mike Shinoda, happy birthday!!, and Keaton Hashimoto's "The Catalyst" Remix Added To Download To Donate

BIGGEST WTF THREAD

[​IMG]

It is what it is.

SECOND PLACE: the study of Linkin Park -a sociologist review
    THIRD PLACE: Mike Shinoda, happy birthday!!
    ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Random Thoughts 24, GOP Primary Race, Three Word Story, and lpfiction.com

BEST SMILIE

[​IMG]

The last award goes to the best smilie, which the voters have decided is :rastamike:. Exemplifying how easy it is to make lolz centering around Mike, this smilie has definitely been a fan favorite for the past year. Mike Shinoda himself has even seen it. Shout out goes to Agent O for creating this smilie!

SECOND PLACE: :kappa:
    THIRD PLACE: :trollface:, :), :lol:, :awesome:, :leo:, :chrishansen:, and "Creepy Brown Guy at Cricket game" (tie)

And that's a wrap! I want to thank everyone again for voting and being a part of this years LPA awards. Also, I want to congratulate all of the winners again. Everyone who won an award deserved it. It's members like you that make the LPA one of the best places on the internet!

See you all next year!

Derp.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Congrats everyone! I found it quite hard to vote in certain categories so you're all winners to me. :wub:

I won two awards! :awesome: Thanks to all those who voted for me! I've only been on Staff for a month so it's kinda funny that I won Favorite Staff Member, haha.

Great job, Ben and Jeff!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'll probably never win an award as long as Ree is a member here, haha.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow means a lot to get both "Most Dedicated" and "Member You'd Most Like To Meet". Most Dedicated is kind of a double edged sword for me, because while I certainly appreciate being called dedicated, I feel that so many of you guys on here are amazing and put so much passion into this site. It's why I would never be able to pick someone for Most Dedicated, because this is one community where everyone works together to make sure we stay tight-knit, and like a family. You guys rock.

And as for the other award, shocking too...especially considering I find myself boring :lol:. However; you're all welcome to fly into PA and meet me for the next Philly show. It'd be an honor to meet many of the people who make this site what it is.

Thanks a lot :D.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I wanna go planking with you, Derek. <3

Thanks to whoever voted for me, and, more importantly, congratulations to all of the winners. I . . . I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Empty Spaces.

Now I condescendingly type a hilarious, condescending smart-ass remark implying that you are all idiots. Afterwards, I reference the hipster members and antagonize them about trying to be too cool for school. Which is fitting since I will then make note of anyone that dropped out and/or went to jail. Obligatory Casey pervert comment.

Following that, I do everything that I've been told not to do. Hence the 'Empty Spaces' at the beginning of the post, commemorating the reason why I was banned for 7 days in the first place. Also, I call Derek by his real name, Ryan. And I end the post with

-Mike

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Congrats to all the winners!

Also, I'm very surprised that I got 2nd place for "Favorite Member" and 3rd place for "Most Attractive Member." :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

P.S. ...you don't have a passport?

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's why I voted you for my favourite member

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hahaha, reading this made me chuckle. Well done to all the winners and nominees! Big thanks to everyone who voted for me in anything, I love you all! Never expected to win Most Funniest. Thanks again, guys!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lmao I can't believe the only vote I got for anything was for most contraversial :WTF:. Lmao Fo rizzle though, contests ya'll

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Wow. I got votes? And won the best thread award? Out of an already shitty day I feel like this has been the highlight of it. Thanks.

Also congrats goes out to all the winners and other nominees. I knew I loved this community!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This is awesome! Thank you everybody! Congrats to all of the other winners! You guys are all awesome! :awesome:

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

I AM SO... *SOB* HONORED. *SOB*
    I'D LIKE TO THANK THE ASSOCIATION. AND ALL THE LITTLE PEOPLE. ESPECIALLY THE LOLLIPOP GUILD.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Man I TOTALLY forgot about this. AGAIN. I feel really bad.

So, can we vote again? haha.

I didn't think so. :(

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Whoever voted for me in most intelligent has got to be joking.

A postwhore thread getting best thread pretty much sums up this forum in 2011.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Postwhore thread, yes. Innovative? You betcha. I am just saying that the thread makes the poster think about how they post, seeing as it has to be worded as a reason.

That I think of it, I don't think this thread was intended as a Daisy Downer thread. I thought the forum was nothing short of spectacular in the last year. I have had no qualms in having fun here. If you can't find the fun in things, then that's on you, playa.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

It'd probably take me longer to check what I was listening to than to think of a random reason, but okay. That said, no one else reply to this because off topic etc.

Ps. I don't go to the internet to have fun.

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

I'm surprised I even got nominated actually.. And to get second place and tie with Ree on Most Attractive Member. xD Didn't expect that.. xDD

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Congrats to all the winners, hell in fact to everybody!

I'm third for nicest member! *sniffs* Awww thank you! Free cookies for everyone!