LPA Monthly-Mix Up January - Winner

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We would like to thank all those who participated in this January's Monthly Mix-Up challenge! While this month proved to be difficult for many members, and produced less entries than usual, we still received some very great tracks, and chosing a winner proved to be difficult.

Without further delay, the winner of January's Monthly Mix-Up challenge for the theme of Trance is...

WINNER: Glen Orpheus - What I've Done (Back To Trancentral Remix)
    Click here to listen!

After months of producing quality remixes, but never quite gathering First Place, Glen swooped in within the last few minutes of the competition to submit a truly awesome track, remixing "What I've Done" into a Trance hit worthy of recognition. Formerly part of the dynamic hard trance duo ORPHEUS 2 in the UK, Glen Orpheus played for 5 years at some of the UK’s finest underground parties ie: Return to the source @ Brixton Academy, Sundissential @ The Sanctuary in Birmingham, Samsara @ The Fridge, Sunny side up @ Camden Palace, Si-nergy in Mancester, Peach goes hard @ Camden Palace to name but a few. From the very beginning Glen has been a very avid supporter of these competitions and has never given up on his quest to be crowned a winner in LPA Monthly Mix-Up. We know he'll be happy to finally have taken home the crown, and we congratulate him on his win!

RUNNER UP: Best Asian Ever - "New Divide"
    Click here to listen!

Hardly a stranger to LPA Monthly Mix-Up, and already a winner in our Dubstep competition, BAE came in with this gem of a remix of New Divide, that had us dancing in our seats from the very beginning. Nearly winning the competition, and just barely getting 2nd place, this remix proves that once again BAE is a force to be reckoned with in the LP Remix Community.

RUNNER UP: ro-i-Bot - "Numb"
    Click here to listen!

A newcomer to the LPA Remix scene. ro-i-Bot had never tried Trance before this month and was very nervous about how his track would be received. Needless to say, his fears were unfounded as he crafted a great remix, that we enjoyed greatly from start to finish. Hopefully this is not the last we hear of him!

Thanks again to everyone for participating in this month's challenge! We encourage all of you to check out our FEBRUARY contest, where we are allowing our members to choose the theme for the first time ever in contest history. Enjoy!

I knew it! Congrats to Glen :D His remix was sick.

I'm not the strongest with Trance, so being a runner up is pretty awesome.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Glen, cooongratulations! (You need to read that in the voice of the Russian meerkat from the Compare The Market adverts)

Awesome work man, well deserved. At this rate, you could convert me to a Trance fan.

See you again in a future Mix Up contest!

Congrats also to Best Asian Ever and ro-i-Bot. Ro-i-bot, I thought your remix was really cool, I left a couple of thoughts on it in the previous Mix Up thread if you haven't seen them. Nice work!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    Jake

Jake Give me reason

How come Ro-i-bot leads me to Glen's Remember The Name mash-up? Incorrect link there guys.

Best Asian Ever has done a good job, but Glen has the stuff for me!

Glen, wonderful job. I was doubtful in the beginning, but turns out, you have once again done an excellent job, specially on the mixing.

Derek

Fixed. Our bad Jake.

Jake

Jake Give me reason

No problem Derek! :)

ro-i-Bot, good remix.
    Couple of things: The intro build-up is nice and smooth, but far too long. Same for the outro.
    I'd personally have liked a more creative take on the chorus.

Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

Thanx man, for someone who don't write trance, you sure did an amazing job, well done to you too :)

Thanx mike, really appreciate your kind words man, and may I also say its nice to see your face now too :)

Ooops !! LOL
    Well glad It's sorted now.
    Thanx Jake, I can tell you I'm really quite stoked to be the winner ;)

May I take this opotunity to say a massive thank you to all at LPA, for one selecting me as the winner, and secondly for making me feel so welcome on the site, it would be so nice to maybe meet some of you at future LP gigs, or where ever, and finally to thank everyone else on here for all your kind words of encouragement.

Luv n Squeezy hugs to you all ;)

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Well done to everyone who entered. :)

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Sucre06

Sucre06 The Bartender

THIS
    Glen, my congratulations, your mix is fantastic.
    Trance & LP, this is something. :rastamike:

Derek

Hey Glen, just for future reference please edit all your replies into one post instead of doing 4. It's just cleaner that way :lol:.

But you're extremely welcome. A job well done sir!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

How come nightofneptune's Sig pic is so much bigger than mine?! :offtopic: oh sorry :p lol good for glen I thought he should of won some of the past comps

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

It's so great beeing a runner-up^^
    Thank You LPA! (no other fansite can compete with you)
    Thank you. I really appreciate your critic :)
    This was my first and I will get better...

EDIT:
    I have seen them. Sorry for not reacting...
    Comments like yours are extremly helpfull for me, so thank you :D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

Whoops !!
    Yeah sorry about that, on my phone at work, just makes internet more difficult to use, will refrain from the multi posts in future :)

Derek

Or just use the multi-quote feature. That's the little quote with a plus next to it. I use it all the time and its awesome. You just gotta hit that button the bottom of each post you wanna quote and then hit "reply" :D.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I went ahead and merged Glen's posts.

Congratulations Glen! You've certainly earned it.

{L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

Congrats to all who entered!

lime treacle

I hope no one minds my picture is so big, I tried to make it smaller, but it would turn out like Pidgeon's did. And that's just too small. Sorry for being off topic.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    Derek

If you like, I can resize it in Photoshop for you. Right now it's just far far too big to be acceptable as a sig.

*EDIT* Here, resized. It might be small in your opinion, but you have to consider people scrolling up and down the page. They're not going to want to have to scroll past a humongous image :lol:. Please save this and re-upload it to your image host of choice.

ChazSerious.jpg

lime treacle

thank you. that's exactly how I wanted it to be.
    *edit* but it just does not work. I resized it in paint before, uploaded it and it turned out smaller. like Eric's actually. Did this with the pic you sent, the same thing happened. oh well I'll just put another image. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.