LPA Monthly Mix-Up January: Trance

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Great job!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Leave what to Derek exactly, Super Sonic?

It's okay to admit to not liking something you know? If he thinks it's awful he can say so.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

He could have at least been a tiny bit more constructive in saying so.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't think it's awful, but I don't think it's mind-blowing either. But hey, trance is not easy and it takes a lot of experience to see what works and what doesn't. It's certainly a thousand times better than anything I ever tried to make, so my hat is off.

Now we need more people to enter :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Bingo. Same thing happened in last month's thread. It's one thing to be constructive with your comments (after all, this is the work of fellow community members), but it's another thing to be flat-out insulting. Sucre, if you have nothing nice (or constructive) to say, then say nothing at all.

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

Very nice!

Once again, I take part... I know I have not a chance against you pro's but I do this just for fun so...
    here is my entry:
    http://soundcloud.com/i-am-robot/numb-trance

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's actually pretty good. I love the slight dubstep wobble in the background. Nice job.

Love how a spammer has already commented on the soundtrack page :lol:.

this is awesome! :D

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

thank you!
    I always wanted to remix linkin park, and have done lots of very simple stuff with virtualDJ but your Mix-Up Competitions induced me to try out more...
    They are always a great source of inspiration...

_Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

I really love how the track builds up - that alone made the song for me. I don't necessarily like that you have the entire vocal track straight through, I think there could be some nice pauses (like taking out the entire first chorus and leaving those 14-ish seconds with just the instruments. I love the breakdown almost as much as the intro.

If I could ask for anything in this song, it would be to add the Numb melody from the beginning during later parts of the song, just to accent the instrumentals that get a little too repetitive later on (I think if you added them leading into the breakdown or coming out of it, that would be especially nice). Just my two cents though! ^.^

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, good job guys! Trance isn't for everyone, so kudos to you two for giving it a shot.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Jesse. ^^^

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Mark, Hawk,and Super Sonic.

Sorry, I personally disagree. I find the double standard disgusting. If it's not okay to say you that something is awful without saying why it is awful, then it is not okay for you to say that something is awesome without saying why also. To say otherwise is just total bullshit.

Example, someone posts a song, a person comments "This is awesome!" Well, why exactly is it awesome? Please offer constructive praise so that the musician will know WHAT you like about the song, in order to keep doing that. But, no, it's perfectly fine to not offer any specific reason as to why something is good, but it's somehow offensive to not offer why something is bad? It's not even like saying "This is awful" is offensive in any way, it's an opinion and anyone who feels that it is somehow stepping over bounds is immature, In my opinion.

I don't see how people can not see that, again, the double standard is sickening and it really annoys me.

One more thing, it also upsets me when people say "If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all" that ideal is fundamentally flawed. Sometimes, things are not inherently nice, but they are true. And sometimes those things have to be said, as long as you're not intentionally insulting someone, then it should be perfectly acceptable. Take for example, if one has a problem with me, I expect to hear about it, rather than that person keeping quiet. I'm mature enough to realize the fact that not everyone is compatible, and I just can't see why so many others are oblivious to the fact that they're oppressing views based on the fear of looking bad.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
    Classic Sonic

Classic Sonic Active Member

Okay, well like i said, i never made Trance and im not so good at remixes either
    whatever :D
    Here is my Entry :)

[video=youtube;1tSq09fTuxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tSq09fTuxI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I enjoyed that a lot Classic Sonic! :D

Derek

And of course, another news thread gets derailed by petty bickering/soapbox rants.

Super Sonic, did you have to resurrect an argument that was clearly finished? Jesse was not even aware of the replies in this thread, and probably would've gone about his merry way without ever replying had you not blatantly tried to resurrect an argument and provoke him as you clearly did. It was unnecessary, and I fail to see why you made the post you did. We just got finished with that whole mess in The Raid thread, and now you're creating a mess in here. Again, I ask...why?

As for Jesse: No offense, but please stop because you have it completely wrong and are turning this into something it is not. There is no "oppression of views" here, nor are we "afraid of looking bad". Plain and simple, we yelled at both members because they were rude. That was our reasoning for what we did in this thread. Nothing more. If someone doesn't like a remix, they don't like a remix. We're not going to force people to like something someone has posted. But that still doesn't give an excuse for said person to be rude about it. If you dislike something, there are PLENTY of ways to politely express your dislike on a piece rather than say "it's awful". That person spent days (if not weeks) working on their remix, only to have someone come in and be completely rude, despite not submitting a remix himself. He could've gone "sorry, I don't like it" but instead he came in and said it's awful. That was rude (just like trav21 was rude last month) and we called him out on it.

Sucre06 may not have been intentionally insulting BAE, but he sure wrote it in an insulting way, which is why Mark said what he did. Negative criticism is welcome, if the person isn't a complete jerk about it. We'd rather prevent an argument, then have one happen and we have to clean it up. It's not censorship. It's not oppression of views. It's us doing our job and keeping these forums peaceful.

Now please get back on topic. The thread has been derailed enough. Thank you.

Classic Sonic

Classic Sonic Active Member

thanks, very glad to hear that :p

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

He asked me a question, and I replied to it.

And I have no idea what you're talking about the mess in "The Raid" thread. I haven't even seen it.

I'm very sorry for starting something. I didn't mean it.

Derek

We deleted the mess, that's why you didn't see it. And honestly, I can't really say you started anything now that I read back, because I'm sure Jesse would've eventually saw the replies and said his comments, irregardless. So don't worry about it :).

To make one more remark though: If we come off a little frustrated in this thread, it is only because we are disappointed that this is the second month in a row that something negative has happened in a Mix Up thread. Even though this is a competition, and some competitive spirit is expected...we want these threads to be fun, and the events to be enjoyable for all. We want anybody to feel welcome to enter, regardless of talent, which is why we get upset when we see people come in and say something sucks or is awful, because it's discouraging people who may not completely be confident in their talents from entering. Perhaps we were somewhat unrealistic in expecting that such comments could be avoided, but we really just want these "Mix-Ups" to have the same feeling as turntable.fm, where anybody...even those people new to the remixing game, can jump up on stage and showcase their music, and get exposure to the world. We've always wanted this contest to be a big thing, and last month's mashup competition was amazing in how many newcomers were brave enough to throw their hat into the ring. There were so many amazing entries, that it felt nearly impossible to narrow it down to the 4-5 we selected. And that was amazing. Sure this month has proved too intimidating for many, and we'll likely not get a lot of entries, but what is so great is that people feel comfortable enough to enter.

So we're not trying to "look good", we just don't want to make people afraid to enter because they see negative comments for those who do. LPA Mix-Ups are open to everyone, regardless of experience. If anybody still objects to what was said in this thread, please move the conversation to PM. I'll be happy to discuss it there. Let's keep this thread on its original topic :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.