Moammar Gadhafi Has Been Killed

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Benjamin, Oct 20, 2011.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Unrelated, but the channel the video is on is a reallyyyy good one.

Personally, the only Libyans I'm interested in seeing be brought to justice are the savages who gunned down Doctor Emmett Brown.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Well Derek, to answer your question about Libya...knowing people WHO HAVE FUCKING LIVED THERE...helps out. You know what else helps out? Having family and friends in Africa and the middle east that don't get the same news that we do. OH! And you know what else? Reading. Reading about shit is a motherfucker. You can actually learn shit by doing that. It's fucking great!

Tell me why I have a friend who has lived in Libya for half of her life, loves it there? How come she views Ghadafi as some regular politician that some people don't like instead of some evil motherfucker? Tell me why my army friends aren't cheering for the shit people are cheering about over here?

I'm sorry, but you can get pissed off because I'm in California telling you that our news twists shit, blows up things, or just flat out lies, but that ain't my problem. My problem is that I get news that isn't 100% true according to the people who reside(d) where the shit supposedly took place in other countries. I'm no fucking conspiracy theorist. A few years ago, there was some story here about a bunch of Muslims in Indonesia rioting over some stupid shit (I think some political cartoon) but a fellow FMMB member in Indonesia didn't know shit about it and replied "I'm sure it would have been on the news", and then some guy from Boston tried to argue with her with "facts" from his television about her country and her people.

I guess that shit doesn't happen all the time, huh? Or maybe there's some misunderstanding, isn't it? Or maybe their dictators are spewing all of the propaganda and we're getting all of the real shit, maybe?

So tell me why I should fucking listen to all of the other people who have never stepped foot in Libya, don't know anyone who has, and probably never will?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

[​IMG]

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

cough cough George Bush cough

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Romania overthrew and executed their dictator in a very similar manner to this and they turned out fine. Revolution isn't going to be pretty.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Rocky, most people just aren't ready to believe that our country feeds us lies in order to gain our approval for the wars or the taking away of our personal liberties. The people would never stand for the TSA or Patriot Act if the government didn't scare us into thinking we needed them to be safe. And that's how the ball gets rolling. Eventually the government will be watching everyone's personal life 24/7 out of the guise that it makes us safer. And we'll stand for it because we'll believe it.

And to get back on the subject, I have no problem with a country overthrowing its government. The people have every right to do so if they don't like their leader or if the government is no longer under the control of the citizens. The problem is that we propped up the rebels to make this happen. If the Libyans really wanted this to happen, we wouldn't have needed to intervene. The majority of Libya might not have even wanted this to happen. We might have propped up a minority that just wants control of the country and doesn't have its best interests in mind. There's clearly other motives for us doing what we've done.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Have you actually ever been to Romania? If fine means that there's no wars, then they're fine. The country is so poor that they couldn't wait to join EU so that half of them could go to Holland or Germany to actually go make some money for their families. Ask anyone from Holland how many Romanians they know, and what wages they would work for..

And let me tell you about Libya.. our communist leader from the 70s and Gadhafi were like brothers so our countries still have excellent relations and thousands of Libyan students come here to universities every year. So I probably know more Libyan people that all of you here together, and although some of their opinions differed from Gadhafi's, no one actually hated him. And you know why? Because they were so rich and had everything. Libyan government paid for their entire stay and education at best universities, and most of Americans can't even get enough money to get into shitty community colleges. And those 20% of unemployed in Libya are actually unemployed because they don't want to work, because they can lead a normal modest life with the benefits they get from the state.
    You know who really hated Gadhafi? Only the people who wanted to be in his place. And the US helped them do that, and I'm guessing it was not for free..

And Blackee Dammet, when did you really hear anyone complaining about US not interfering in other people's business lol? Everyone'd be better off without you patroling the globe, both you Americans and the rest of the world..

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    travz21

Great post.

Where do you live again, El Muerto?

El Muerto

Serbia..

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

When this happened, for one.

El Muerto

I don't get what you're aiming at. I'm not too familiar with this event, but from a quick read I gathered that the USA was heavily involved in that conflict.

But even if they had nothing to do with it, it's not the job of the US to interfere in international conflicts. Why the fuck do we have UN and Security Council?
    How would you feel if China all of a sudden sent a million soldiers to set up their bases in the South America to try and sort out the conflicts there? You all would be going fucking apeshit about it..

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't care how "evil" the guy was or not, those fuckers abusing him are primitive little shits that deserve to be locked away.

It's funny how a group of militants, who supposedly want democracy in their country, have no problem dishing out their own ideas of justice without due process or a trial.

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

I dont necessarily approve of it but I can understand it.

@Rocky & ElMuerto:

Most likely the people you knew had some connections in order to have a better life. Yes, you have met more Libyans/know more Libyans than the rest of us but you cannot possibly get the total truth unless you are in country there. Gaddafi was a thug plain and simple. He was liked and he was hated (depending if you supported him or not). If I was able to get money from the state in order to support higher education, I would surely like him as well. But he also had his hand in some nasty organized terrorist attacks over the years. And yeah, he started cooperating more after we bombed him back in the mid 1980s.

And you dont have human rights violations leveled against you if there was not something going on. I generally take the news I hear from TV and other sources with a grain of salt so the stories I have heard over the last day or so from reporters on the ground there are probably not total BS.

I will say that your views have some merit. Check out this story from BBC. Hopefully I will find more informative articles to help me figure what has really been going on there.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

We agree, for once. I think it's kind of sickening, personally. I'm all for Gadhafi to get his brains blown out, or hung, whatever they do over there, but that's just a pack of militants and rebels attacking an old man who's only armed with a (admittedly pretty sweet) pistol.

Saddam at least had a trial of sorts, they didn't even get Moammar a chance. But, whatever. As long as the US doesn't get involved in the rebuilding of Libya, I'm ultimately okay with it. Like Derek said, we have a lot going on at home to worry about other's. I really hope Obama, or whoever the next President may be, realizes that.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I bet Kim Jong Il is well liked by 100% of North Koreans. It's called brainwashing. Well, sure, in their heads, they may hate the fucker, but they're not going to tell that to anyone else for fear of being thrown in labor camps or executed.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

WORD.

Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

How come they posted videoes and pictures of Saddam's hanging, and Gaddafhi being dead.
    And not a single proof that Bin Laden is dead? Even thou they clame he is?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Because with both cases the videos were uploaded by civilians to a public resource, and spread like wildfire. With Saddam, the video was uploaded online by someone who filmed the execution with a cellphone (the execution was public). With Gaddafi, same case. The rebels filmed his dead body with a cellphone, and the video made it's way onto public airwaves over there and eventually worldwide. Both deaths happened in public, and thus were accessible to civilians with cameras. With Bin Laden, he was killed by a special operation, that was overseen by the president and done under complete secrecy until it was confirmed he was dead. They snapped a photo of him for positive identification, but that photo was later classified and was decided against being released because it was extremely graphic. He was shot through the eye. There's no coverup of any sort or lies about his death, Obama was just doing the right thing. For an elected official to parade a dead body around like a trophy is being unethical.

travz21

Killing women and children is also unethical, but that doesn't stop him.

El Muerto

And we talk about brainwashing in North Korea.. Sorry Derek, but I'm having a really hard time taking what you wrote seriously.. If somebody who just registered had posted this, I'd be 100% sure he was sarcastic.