A Thousand Suns - One Year Later

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Dusty, Sep 7, 2011.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

WTF??? Meh. A few months later: Fuck this shit owns!!!! Been hooked on it ever since.

ATS>MTM>HT & Met.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Ya I think I can agree that there could have been some fat trimming but I personally love the record, I was iffy at first, but just like everything LP's ever done, it grew on me

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

You guys are all weird.

First listen: THIS IS AWESOEM! I am like I am on a journey to a place I have never seen before.
    Most Recent Listen: *cuddles with CD*

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

*glares at double post*

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I was rocking it at work the other day. Still a good album and I give it a listen every now and then. Can't say that about some of their other albums *cough*meteora*cough*

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I liked it then and I like it now. Probably slightly less now that the novelty of them finally making another album that I think is more or less consistently good has worn off, but I like it. Good album.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

loved it then and love it now.

CurlyLp

CurlyLp Member

THIS

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

This.

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

I remember listening to it and instantly loving it. I couldn't shut up about it for the next few weeks. Seemingly unlike quite a few people here, I was madly in love with Robot Boy. I still think it's a downright amazing song. One year from release, I still love the album and defend it with everything I have.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Same here.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

3rd, I loved the song just because it was so different from any other Linkin Park song.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I 4th that notion

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I 5th it.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Will you quit drinking my god damn vodka!?

By the way, I 6th it... Even though it took me an adjustment period.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I seventh it!

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Robot Boy makes me wanna join the army and fight for my country! HELL YEAAAH!

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

I listened to the catalyst on bbc and didnt know what to think... i just thought the vocals were terrible. I ignored the song until wretches came out which i loved and encouraged me to listen to the catalyst again. I guess it was the over listening to all the remixes of the catalyst that made me sick of the repetitive lyrics but after giving it a little break i began to love it when i came back to it. At this point i was convinced that ATS would be a very upbeat album without slow songs. I thought i would miss the slower LP but i was willing to sacrifice it for an upbeat album (still am for album 5). I checked LPA every chance I could on my iphone until I finally saw it leaked. I was at school at the time so I rushed to the library and found the songs on youtube. I liked the requiem and the radiance but once burning in the skies came on I was a little disappointed. A lot of the reviews I saw described it as being one of the best songs on the album and my expectations were really high. After WTCFM I thought it was an okay song (i think i was still upset over BitS). Once the robot boy piano kicked in i was happy and sad. I thought it sounded amazing but it was another slow song which i didnt want. Halfway through robot boy the bell rang for class and although i planned on skipping, I left cause I didn't think it was worth it. Once I got home I didnt even bother listening to the rest of Robot Boy or Jornada del Muerto and went straight to wfte. At first I was questioning mikes rapping style but didn't mind it once it came around the second time. The end of wfte instantly reminded me of the end of papercut and I was happy that it was to be selected as the second single. As soon as blackout started I loved the drumming (its a common middle eastern drum beat and as an egyptian I loved it). Chesters screams were great and mikes ending was even better. I still question whether or not the end should have been made into its own song. I skipped wretches and went to wisdom justice and love. It a long with Iridescent were very beautiful and reminded me why I liked Linkin Parks slow songs. Fallout seemed unnecessary but tied in the catalyst very well to the album and made it a better song. The Messenger was alright, I was expecting another epic song like tltgya but this was good too. Chesters harsh vocals stunned be a bit at first but now I love them. After listening to it again the next day I loved each and every song. Especially robot boy as its my most played song on itunes. I still listen to ATS the whole way through up till today. I only wish LP would make songs only they can make like wtcfm, the catalyst, and blackout because that is what they are best at, where as other artists can make songs like iridescent and burning in the skies.

Edit: I waited till the 16th and bought ATS and some nice headphones. I think that allowed me to appreciate songs like robot boy and blackout even more

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

But I've never had vodka before. :(

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

What?! Meteora was an amazing album. While I do believe ATS is their best, meteora is my favorite.