30.08.2011 - Las Vegas, Nevada; Upcoming Tour Summary

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

On August 30th Linkin Park will play a show in Las Vegas, Nevada at The Joint. It will be their first performance since the iTunes Festival in early July. This will also be the band's second show in Las Vegas this year. The first was at the MGM Grand Garden Arena back in February.

This show will be followed by the much anticipated Relief Show for Japan (aka "Secret Show") on August 31st at the Mayan Theatre in Los Angeles, California. With "The Joint" only having a capacity of 4,000 and the Mayan Theatre having a capacity of only 1,000, Linkin Park will play a show in an intimate setting two straight nights. After the relief show the band will travel to Hong Kong to kick off their first Southeast Asian tour since 2009. The dates for this tour leg are:

Sep 6, 2011 - Hong Kong, Hong Kong at AsiaWorld-Expo Arena
    Sep 8, 2011 - Seoul, South Korea at Olympic Park Gymnastics Gymnasium
    Sep 10, 2011 - Chiba, Japan at Makuhari Messe
    Sep 11, 2011 - Chiba, Japan at Makukari Messe
    Sep 13, 2011 - Yokohama, Japan at Yokohama Arena
    Sep 14, 2011 - Nagoya, Japan atNagoya Gaishi Hall
    Sep 16, 2011 - Osaka, Japan at Intex Osaka
    Sep 19, 2011 - Taipei, Taiwan at Nanagang Exhibition Hall
    Sep 21, 2011 - Jakarta, Indonesia at Stadion Utama GBK
    Sep 23, 2011 - Bangkok, Thailand at Aktive Square
    Sep 25, 2011 - Singapore, Singapore at Padang Main Stage

Also going on during this tour leg is the LPU Summit in Tokyo, Japan (Sep 9-Sep 11) which will include the "A Thousand Horizons" event (sep 9).

After the Southeast Asian tour leg, the band will play their last scheduled show of the year when they close out the DeLuna Festival in Pensacola, Florida on October 16th.

On Linkin Park's last summer tour cycle, they played a total of nine different setlists over the course of 17 shows. With these setlists the band has seemed to have developed a group of "core songs" that they like to play every night. Songs that were played in every show last tour cycle were "Papercut", "Crawling", "In the End", "Faint", "Numb", "Given Up", "Bleed it Out", "What I've Done", "No More Sorrow", "New Divide", "The Radiance", "Empty Spaces/When They Come for Me", "Jornada Del Muerto/Waiting for the End", "Iridescent", and "The Catalyst". Also, "One Step Closer", "Lying from You", and "The Requiem" were played in 16 of the 17 shows. Whether or not the band continues to play these "core songs" remains to be seen. Some songs that also got some action last tour cycle were "Breaking the Habit", "From the Inside", "Burning in the Skies", "Blackout", and "Wisdom, Justice, and Love." Interestingly enough, the band elected to not play "Wretches and Kings" or "The Messenger" last tour. Also, Linkin Park have still not played "Robot Boy" in any show to date.

So is anyone going to the Las Vegas show or a different show on this upcoming tour cycle? We'll need people to update the setlists for us throughout the tour so if you're going to any of these shows let us know!

Regarding the setlists, what do you think we'll see this tour? Will we continue to see the same 20 or so "core songs" every night or will the band switch some of them out for songs like "Points of Authority", "Somewhere I Belong" or "Leave Out All the Rest"? Will we at some point see the live debut of "Robot Boy" this tour? How about the return of "Wretches and Kings" and "The Messenger"? In the past Linkin Park have chosen to open a new tour cycle with a setlist that they've played before and are comfortable with. Will this trend continue in Las Vegas or will the intimate setting at this show somehow affect what they play? Join the conversation in our forums!

LAS VEGAS, NV SETLIST:

01. Cure For The Itch (confirmed by two sources. New opener!)
    02. Faint
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. No More Sorrow
    07. From The Inside
    08. Jornada Del Muerto
    09. Waiting For The End
    10. Burning In The Skies
    11. Numb (Oppenheimer Speech Outro)
    12. Iridescent
    13. Fallout
    14. The Catalyst
    15. Shadow Of The Day
    16. In The End
    17. Bleed It Out (APFMH Bridge)

ENCORE:
    18. When They Come For Me
    19. Papercut
    20. New Divide
    21. Crawling
    22. One Step Closer

View an image of tonight's set taken by Pooch.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
    Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Sorry that I won't be able to help you guys out on the Hong Kong show update, I'd be in Canada by then...
    Finally I have a chance to make some contributions to this community and I could not make it, let alone not be able to see Linkin Park live...

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Hey man, don't worry about it. As long as you keep posting here, you're contributing the the community! :awesome:

Jake

Jake Give me reason

Why not even a single date for India?!

Sigh. I've been waiting since ages. And I'm sure many others, too, have been.
    Linkin Park is my all-time favorite. But I'm starting to lose interest. I was hoping if I could see them live, I'd love them the same as before. But I guess that's not the case.

gamersath

gamersath Member

when LP come for me in Singapore!

LPA! i got you guys man!
    when LP come for me in Singapore, i'll definitely keep you guys updated.. got my tix all ready!! can't wait for Sept 25th!!!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Wrong, believe me when I say you will only love them MORE.

2007 live in Hong Kong, one of the best days in my life.

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

i think they are going to play qwerty at the tokyo summit .. they always doin something special on this kind of events and on the last LPTV they talked about qwerty for hamburg but then switched to adeles - rolling in the deep ;)
    also i am really hoping that they are playing robot boy!

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

With this possibly being the last leg of the tour, and after what Brad said in the LPU chat, we might see Robot Boy played live this time around. I say it will be played at the "secret show" in LA, Japan or both.

Just a guess but I'd be surprised if it doesn't make a showing on this tour.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I was commenting on TheBigDog OnTour on facebook for his post on rehearsing and I asked about whether or not Robot Boy was among the songs. Here's his response:
    Honestly, if that's not a confirmation I'd be shocked. I know it's not official but if you read that you can't help but just assume so. :lol:
    So even though I can't give any "official" confirmation, I think we can all agree it's going to be played on this leg of the tour.

Jake

Jake Give me reason

It would be interesting to see how they play Robot Boy live.

P.s. I didn't think lying online would be so hard. I mean, he could have just said "No, Robot Boy's not in the set-list," instead of a 50-50.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

These dates, and the upcoming Asia tour/random US dates are the last dates of the ATS Touring Cycle. Barring any sort of last minute surprise, the band likely isn't going to support ATS anymore after these dates so I'd be surprised if we don't hear Robot Boy very soon. The band wants to get a new album out asap.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Gosh Derek....you make me feel so excited and queezy at the same time. Quit twisting my leg :lol:
    You bring my hopes up too much (this is a compliment in a way Derek)

But I guess I will never see Robot Boy live then....at least I was able to be part of the ATS tour though. Made a difference in my life

Derek

I really think the days of 2-3 year touring cycles are over. The band has expressed numerous times over the last few years that they don't like touring that hard (because it wears them out), and it also delays new music substantially which judging by comments by Chester/Mike recently, they don't like to do. I really think Chester's comment of releasing a new album every 18-20 months is going to become the new norm.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

If they do play Robot Boy, I wonder how they will go about it. Striped down, acoustic, remix or ?

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Can someone please tell me what's the name of the title font (the font in which LINKIN PARK ASSOCIATION on this page and LINKIN PARK on linkinpark.com are written)?

Derek

The official LPA font for this design, and Linkin Park's official font for this album is "BEBAS". :)

Jake

Jake Give me reason

I'm expecting acoustic-ish.

Mike on the synth strings (like in BTH), and harmonizing with Chester. Brad on the acoustic. Chester on the lead vocals. Phoenix on the bass and backing-vocals.
    Maybe Rob gets to do something different here! :awesome:

But that's just how I see it. The band isn't likely gonna do anything like this now, aye?

lime treacle

Thanks! :D

Derek

No problem. It's strange actually that they used such a readily available font :lol:, in the past with both HT, Meteora and MTM it was a custom job.

lime treacle

Yeah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.