Musical Approach: Album 5

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Aug 24, 2011.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

As we gear to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of A Thousand Suns, talk and speculation is running rampent about the next album. With words like "Stripped Down" and "Polarize," What do you think the musical approach to Album 5 will be? Do you think the words "Stripped Down" and "Polarize" still hold water as the writing continues? With Linkin Park's fan survey that was just recently polled, you think Linkin Park is going to focus more on what the fans like or want? Is this what you want from Linkin Park? What would you like to see happen on album 5?

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I not sure it will be stripped down because Chester said that pretty early on in the recording process.

P.S. And didn't Chester say that MTM would be LP heavest album?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I know they say it will be different from ATS but I would be shocked if the next album didn't have a good amount of electronic influences like ATS did. Mike seems to love making those sounds too much, haha.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It'll probably be a mix of ATS and Meteora Theory. For all the talk of how they don't want to rehash the past and how everyone needs to "catch up motherfuckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa", I really doubt we've seen the last of radio friendly Linkin Park. It probably won't be the rap/scream/rap/scream/bridge/scream of the past, but I highly doubt we'll never hear another 3 and a half minute mini-anthem.

Benjamin

I really don't think we're going to see much of the HT/Meteora sound anymore. At least not the power chord/screaming part of it anyway.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I think it's gonna have more acoustics and minimalistic sounds, in an MTM kind of way. Not really sure what it's gonna be though. Linkin Park has a more unpredictable and interesting career path than most bands. They do love taking people on a ride :awesome:

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

New Linkin Park is always exciting because you don't know what to expect anymore. I hope they don't listen to the fans, and I doubt they will. I'm hoping for LP to go less mainstream, arguably ATS to me is not mainstream and it's my favourite of theirs so far. I'm hoping for a different approach again though, i'm so done with their old sound!

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

:huh:

Benjamin

Why the huh face? I agree with him.

Cat

Cat Member

My thing is to expect the unexpect and then throw that out... because just when you think you know what they're going to do they throw a curve ball from seemingly no where. I'm just excited for them to annouce that they're settling down and recording the next album more than what sort of style they're going to do on it.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think that's one of the biggest reasons why I still get excited every time a new LP record is announced, because they never are predictable when it comes to their album sound (at least not since Minutes).

Benjamin

I think before the band truly deserves this "OMG THEY ALWAYS CHANGE THEIR SOUND" label, they have to drastically change it with this record. So far, they have 2 identical sounding records followed by a different sound which was followed by a slight change from that sound. ATS does have WTCFM, Blackout, and The Catalyst. But it also has BITS, WFTE, Iridescent, and The Messenger which all could easily be on M2M if you ask me.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

He says he hopes that LP should not listen to fans and then he says what he wants from LP. get it? hahah

GekiLPL

GekiLPL Guest

''Stripped down'' is a fucking awesome description. MTM was my favorite album by LP, and Mike said the album had a stripped down feel to it during the writing process. Which means this album will probably be somewhat a mix of MTM and ATS which is fucking awesome, or entirely different from both. Whichever, I'll be very happy with. I just don't want ATS part 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    Benjamin

Ah, I see. I think when a lot of people here say "fans", they mean the ones who go on youtube and say BRING BACK ZE NU METALZ PLZ ATS SUX!!!!11. So I think Steve was saying not to listen to them.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I honestly have no expectations for their new album. Minutes To Midnight Broke me of that. When QWERTY was released, I thought Minutes was going to sound like that. Then the surprise hit. I knew Mike said it was going to be different, but the album literally made me evolve from a NUMetal fanboy to (more of)a Linkin Park fanboy. I think that's why I like ATS so much. With this next album, I have enough trust in the band to make good music. They have yet to let me down and I'm looking forward to whatever the future may hold.

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I was contradicting myself a little bit. I don't really want them to listen to any fans especially the NU METALZ. I'm just saying what i'd like to hear on the next album but that doesn't mean I want them to listen to me or be influenced by what I want, they don't need it.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I expect more crickets.

Not really. :lol:

I just want them to make something to keep me interested.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

They should target the Dance Charts, Heeehee shimona !!!
    Who knows it might be cool, I only heard LP once in a club for like 1 minute.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

More synth. More distortion. More glitches. More weirdness.