Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

2. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

3. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Good things:

- Opening video montage
    - Opening Promo from CM Punk
    - Divas Rumble finish & Beth turning heel
    - Boo spot at the end

As for the bad things, I don't like how I saw this Punk v Cena match coming at SummerSlam. I would have liked something a little less predictable, and now they've done this, I'm not sure what they can do to continue this feud to the standard it began. Punk NEEDS to win at SummerSlam to keep this storyline alive. If he loses, he loses credibility and with that, I feel like the whole opportunity for this angle would go down the drain.

Also, the three-man booth really isn't working. I get it, Cole is meant to be annoying, but it's beyond that. It ruins the show. It's at the point where Cole not liking someone doesn't make the audience like them more, it just makes the audience not like Cole, and what's the point in that when that aspect of his character is already developed? Some serious work needs to be done, because tonight, JR was VERY under utilized and any attempts to put the attention back on the match were overshadowed by the nonsensical behaviour of Cole. It just doesn't make sense having an announcer in that role anymore. Fair enough, be a heel commentator, but it's also his character, which is overwhelming and ruins a lot of the matches. Don't even get me started on the Daniel Bryan segment from Smackdown last week.

Overall it was an okay Raw but there were things I didn't like. Punk was gold as usual but I just feel this angle becoming a little predictable and I don't like that. Hopefully they pull something out in the next couple weeks.

4. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I feel CM Punk needed to stay out for longer. Continue to build his awesomeness outside the ring, like what he did at Comic-Con.

5. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This, the right way... See Jerry Lawler during the "Attitude Era." That was done right, in my mind...

Also, Kelly should not have the title. The Diva title has been a joke now for awhile and with Beth turning, I'm hoping for it to feel more like a real championship again. Not this "Westside story" of good girls side vs. bad girls side that they have had for god knows how long... They need to have them all as contenders for a championship or not at all. Anything less, is going to be the same old boring story... Unfortunately, I think Kelly will get it back when Kharma returns. In my opinion, I think Kelly is a weak champion. Yeah, she's pretty, but I don't find her being the best on the female roster.

Anyways, I felt Laurenitus yesterday to be as fake as a set of DD's on a 115lb stripper. His on screen "Character" was not believable at all, granted I did laugh when Cena mocked him and we heard Cena's "Boston Dialect" come out when he "Wonted to punch laurenitus in de fayce." Lol I've been noticing his dialect more and more when he gets rialed up, especially within the last couple of weeks. Anyways, to my point. If Laurenitus never comes back on screen, I could live with that. He was boring and was sucking the fun and charisma right out of the segment. I understand they were trying to show "the machine" forcing its self onto HHH's decision making, however, he is not the guy to do it.

And yes... "Pipebomb!"

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I like how Cena got booed all throughout the show, and then suddenly outpopped CM Punk at the end. I'm left to assume they pipped in cheers, because that's weird as shit.

7. Dusty

I noticed that as well, I was like "What the fuck? A change of heart for Cena already?". :lol:

8. Hybrid

Also, I think they need to announce somewhere that the Nexus was dissolved. Are we supposed to just forget it ever happened? I mean, after the draft the "New Nexus" was pretty forgettable and realistically no longer an issue. I don't fault that on Punk one bit, though. They could have done alot more with that stable, especially with Punk at the helm and didn't. I think Punk should have brought that up yesterday as his return was to dissolve the Nexus because of the fact that he felt they were no longer effective or fun or whatever. I just hate loose ends. This could have led to a Nexus revolt against Punk and you can let your imagination go...

Was I the only one yesterday that felt like CM Punk should have nailed a line when HHH started talking about rules? Punk should have asked Hunter "How'd that go? You make the rules and we'll break em?" Haha I was waiting for it, but oh well...

9. Dusty

[video=youtube;E9obAE2w26Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=E9obAE2w26Y[/video]

This girl is a lot better then most divas in the WWE thats for sure. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  10. Joe

Yeah, definitely, haha. And Mark Henry.

11. Dusty

Haruka and Sheamus VS. Mark Henry at Sumerslam in a handicap match! :awesome:

12. Hybrid

At least she can play an injury...

13. Dusty

Yeah, and the guy can sell a move as well.

14. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Kenny Omega sucks.

15. Dusty

Oh I agree, just saying not many people would sell the moves like he did from a 9 year old.

16. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

[video=youtube;LTzQLkfhAXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTzQLkfhAXw[/video]

Kenny Omega can also sell moves from one of THE best: YOSHIHIKO.

17. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

[video=youtube;gEBeQ0pYLog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEBeQ0pYLog[/video]

18. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

UFC - 133

*Sigh... good hustle Tito. So close, yet so far.

And Eberson vs Hallman, did anybody get to watch that fight? Frickin hilarious.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  19. Joe

Yeah I saw the PPV. Wasn't a bad night of MMA. Nobody I wanted to win actually won though :lol: ...besides maybe Ebersole.

20. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm pretty sure Zuffa is trying to kill Akiyama.

"Well, he just lost two fights in a row. I guess the only rational thing to do is make him fight one of this biggest goddamn middleweights in the world. I know Vitor is renowned for his ability to beat a person into invalidity with his bare hands, but Akiyama should be fine."