What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Regarding point number 2, I know they explained it, but maybe like a flashback scene would have helped... maybe not even 30 seconds of a cut/slashed scene...

To my other points, I just think that if I were in the editing room, maybe I would have figured a better way to cut the film to show things. When I watch a movie, I don't like to assume. The point of a movie is to be very passive in your thought process, in my opinion. It's being told a story. I don't think that you have to assume and make shit up as you go along.

As far as Megatron goes, I think more Megatron would have been good, but he also got his ass kicked at the end of ROTF. I think they portrayed him as a beaten and shamed leader quite well. The lack of Megatron made the impact of Sentinel that much more though. When Megatron does his final betrayal, it's more believable since he was sitting on the sidelines.

and...

Am I the only one that felt the ending wasn't done right... Standing in the middle of Chicago. It just seemed too sudden, in my opinion.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It sounds like if you were an editor all of your movies would be 3 hours long :lol:. Longer doesn't equal better. There was no reason for Bay to show that one seen that you wanted to be shown. Speaking of it was just fine.

3. Hybrid

Is that what she said? :lol:

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

No, I believe that is what the pervy old wizard said. :shifty:

5. Hybrid

"You're a wizard, harry. ;)"

6. Benjamin

Foo Fighters "Back And Forth" Documentary: 9.5/10

A nearly perfect documentary. It was very well done showing the journey this band has been through starting with Dave Grohl's Nirvana days. It had awesome live footage, great interviews, and lots of laughs along the way.

7. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Apocalypto (2006) - 5/5
    This film is so fucking under-appreciated. If it weren't for Mel Gibson's PR blunders, it would be considered as a landmark film by now. Not enough people appreciate the amount of work that went into the making of, what I consider, a classic film! The acting talented showcased in this film, by a cast of almost unknowns, could give the top actors in Hollywood a run for their money. This is one of the most ambitious films I've ever seen and Mel Gibson managed to pull it off with perfection.

8. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

The Tourist - 8/10. Epic movie.
    The Priest - 7/10. Great

Now watching Pearl Harbor. Reliving the old times.

9. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I agree. I watched this maybe 8 months ago and I was blown away. So damn good. I was into this film from start to finish and was in love.

10. The Fortunate One

I remember the scene in which those idiots followed Jaguar Paw down the waterfall and broke their fucking heads on rocks. :lol:

11. curl

curl Member

I watch Rio last night and got the chance to see great animation work in movie. After Ice Age it was second greatest movie and I am so sure that it will grab some good number of blogs in upcoming time also. I am also expecting to watch movies like Rio in future as well.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  12. Benjamin

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2: 10/10

Don't feel like elaborating on it much. This had to be the most epic thing I've seen in years. Go see it.

13. shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

I went and saw the midnight premiere. I did not dress up like many people did. I love the series, but not to that extent ha ha. It was a very good movie!

Recently watched Transformers 3. That was really good as well.

You guys need to check out Insidious!! Best scary movie made in over a decade or more. No gore!! Just suspense. It freaked me and my girlfriend out. Seriously, check it out!

14. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

It's not plagiarism if I cite my source(s).

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2: 10/10

Don't feel like elaborating on it much. This had to be the most epic thing I've seen in years. Go see it."

15. The Fortunate One

The Green Hornet was dope!!!

16. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Harry Pooter 7 part 2 - 7.5/10

The whole movie basically just plays with your emotions without anything truly spectacular. I think they missed a lot of the actual emotional parts from the book, too.

Though I didn't think the story from the last book was a very good at all, the movie did do alright with it, I guess. I'm probably rating more on the story than I am with how the movie was made, which isn't fair to a movie based on a book, but whatever.

That said, there were a lot of good trailers. Planet Of The Apes looks a million times better with that new trailer. It went from laughable to possibly very good.

17. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Super Troopers 9/10

Fucking funny! I laughed so hard at this movie.

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Battle: Los Angeles - 3/10: This isn't even worth properly reviewing, this movie was absolute garbage. It was like they tried to mash together War Of The Worlds, Signs, and Independence Day into one, and failed miserably. Probably the biggest let down of the year.
    Inglorious Basterds - 9/10: This is the second time I've seen this movie. The beginning kind of drags out, but it is still epic storytelling by Quentin Tarantino, like we have come to expect, even if it is historically inaccurate. :lol:
    Gran Torino - 8.6/10: Other than some sloppy acting from Bee Vang (the person who played Thao) towards the end of the movie *spoiler* When he is locked up in Walt's garage*spoiler* , and a not so great ending altogether, it was still highly enjoyable and one of my top ten favorite movies of the previous decade.

19. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Euro Trip - 3/10
    Now I finally understand how to use some of these LPA smilies in context. There were some funny moments in the movie like this guy -> :miscuse: but this movie really wasn’t my thing and I found some of the jokes lame lol but I guess it’s not a movie that’s meant to be taken seriously at all.

Bridesmaids - 7/10
    I'd heard from many people beforehand that this was an awesome movie and one of the best films of the year etc. It was very funny but I felt that the story was very predictable and kinda dragged a bit. The scene in the bridal shop was fucking hilarious though.

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.