04.06.2011 - Irvine, CA - KROQ Weenie Roast 2011

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

How stupid.

Time decisions are made by KROQ and not by Dave Grohl or the Foo Fighters. This was completely KROQ's decision, and honestly...LP's set had a lot of technical problems. First there was Chester's mic going out during the end of Breaking The Habit (likely why he stormed off stage), and then the frequent mixing issues the entire performance. The levels were off, the music sounded flat, and although the guys still tried to put on the best show they could, it was just a rough performance. I respect the band, and would never want to make it seem like I'm trashing them (because I'm not), but it just wasn't the same quality as the show I saw in Philly or the MSG show.

There's no feud between LP and the Foo Fighters (even though Grohl did trash LP in the past) and it's time LP fans stop manufacturing drama between the two bands. Plain and simple: KROQ screwed LP with the scheduling (even if LP did know about it in advance), and something was wrong with the mixing levels. It happens, and it's not worth criticizing the band or any other entity for it.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Seems some people are making this out to be something a lot worse then what it is. Its all just speculation at this point. Time to move on and look foward to the next show. :)

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

This.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

He barely even trashed them. All I remember is that he mentioned that they used backing tracks and stuff and he wasn't a fan of that. Either way, like I said in the shoutbox he is "the nicest guy in rock" so even if he dislikes their music, rightly or wrongly, I really don't see him turning his own band's set into a Let's Troll Linkin Park!fest.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Just being subjective to find out the cause of the problem cuz I've never seen LP like this.
    That being said, I wish nothing but them having a greater time on their next show.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

All right, on to the next show now. All you do is forget that this shitty performance ever happened.

[video=youtube;pPyEVh2-g1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPyEVh2-g1I[/video]

Heal yourself with a better concert, and the one i went to.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Yep, the Philly show was awesome. That was one of the best shows I've been to.

Derek

We still haven't gotten a beer.

Two visits to PA, and no beer? What the FUCK.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I think you need to fly your ass out here :lol:

Derek

Touche.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Sometimes LP fans really bug me. How immature do you have to be to be mad at the Foo Fighters? Come on. Personally, I would have been happy as fuck if I would have been there BECAUSE of the Foo Fighters.

Rise Against, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park? That's pretty much my dream concert.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, it was a pretty rough concert for LP. Though I wasn't expecting it to top the Foo Fighters concert to be honest. :lol:

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Chester's mic went out during the end of BTH? Funny, that's exactly what happened at the last KROQ sponsored concert I went to, Epicenter. :lol:

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]dUlQ665Qdu4[/YOUTUBE]

Epic screams anyone?

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

DJ LETHAL DID IT.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

The 1st part is sarcasm dude. Having to wait all night long made me wish LP were not as popular so that they would play very early and i could leave very early. The closest to that was Epicenter where through the grace of god, LP played before Tool sparing me the horror of listening to the boring music that is Tool. Now if it were A Perfect Circle? That would be a different story.:awesome:

In my opinion, i did not get the impression that Chester was pissed at anything. I think that is just fans reading and projecting more than actual reality. Chester seemed like his usual playful self. If he was so pissed, i don't think he would have stayed at the end to greet all the fans on the barrier long after the band finished playing and the rest left. He had no reason to do that considering most of the fans had poured out. He was all smiles from where i was and i was very close. Maybe they were referring to the whole moment when Chester abruptly stopped after BTH. Which i thought was a technical problem less than anything to do with the FF. I thought LP were fans of them.

Though i could be all wrong and just projecting and not reading enough into it. Who knows.

And no. the singer from Foo Fighters did not throw a hissy nor did Chester. What the singer did was talk too much, made a generalizing comment that could read as an insult jabbed at all the artist that played before them and coming after. He practically insinuated that everyone else didn't know how to play their instruments. I mean i didn't get into Rise Against or Bad Religion, but those guys were proficient musicians and i can say know how to play their instruments damn well. So if he was trying to imply something he failed.

The singer said they had 1 hour to play and they did play for an hour. That wasn't an issue for me or anyone really judging by the crowd reaction except that it made me impatient. But so did listening to Rise Against who warmed me up. Only i liked them better because the singer didn't talk too much and make rude comments about other artists and were genuinely nice and humble. Wish their stuff appealed to me. They had class. What's his name doesn't.:rolleyes:

They had an hour and they played an hour. But with all the talking, it felt like 2. And i would be the first to say that i did not think for all his shit talking, he targeted LP specifically. His insult came from his condescending generalizing statement. At least for me. I just mentioned LP because they're really the only ones i care about. :lol:
    Plus, i will say again, where is this LP was pissed coming from? Oh well, people are allowed to have their opinions whatever it is. I'm having one right now.:)

Honorary mention goes to The Strokes. They were awesome!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Moved on. It was worrying which prompted me to make speculations, cuz I've never seen LP like this.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Foo Fighters sucked all the energy out of the show. Every song had a extended outro guitar piece which lead to their normal 4 minute songs to 6 minutes or more. Monkey Wrench is 3:51 on the album...it was AT LEAST 8 minutes total last night.

That setlist they laid out put LP in a difficult position to say the least, that was pretty hard to follow up and I still think it was a poor decision to have two major headlining bands perform, one which was a surprise and if Dave didn't boast about how they 'could have played for 3 hours but there making us do 1 hour.' I wouldn't have cared. I also kind of felt that after 'When they Come for Me' I felt rather meh about LP's setlist.

I really hope the next LP show I don't visualize everything in Black and White either. LOL

--RS

love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

I thought that LP played a great show yesterday. It only seemed bad because of the audio quality, which was in no way their fault. And they must have been rushing through because of the time, which again was not their fault. They did the best they could under the circumstances.

I agree that the Foo Fighters performance seemed to drag, but they were scheduled for an hour. I like them, but I wish they hadn't pierced my eardrums.

Overall I had a fun time. The crowd was great, everyone all around me was singing loudly and dancing with me. Very awesome night.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Ya right, I felt like 'WTF' after Dave said that.

Come to think of it, this weird mixing actually allowed me to hear more sounds that weren't so noticeable before.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.