What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

My favorite 2011 movie so far :awesome:

The boner was more for the action than the women, surprisingly, but not so considering the only time you really get a bikini-clad chick is Gal Gadot. Not saying she's not hot cause DAMN, she is :awesome:

The Dilemma - 2/5
    Only Channing Tatum was funny, surprisingly. If it were set in high school, it would have been over in 20 minutes because gossip goes around so fast but adults are so immature about coming clean, it seems :lol:

2. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Yeah, I meant for the action lol. Gal Godot is hot but there was the cop lady in action too. :p The bit after the credits was a little WTF?!

3. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Damn, lot of praise for Fast Five everywhere. I despise this franchise, but I guess I gotta check this one out.

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Same here.

5. MKH

She was alright. You know she's married to Chris Hemsworth (Thor)? :blink: I was like whoa! I just watched both of those and now find that out?! Yeaaah, I'd love to see how they pull that off considering what happened in 4, you know what I mean ;)

6. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Transformers - 7/10

I recall enjoying it a lot when it premiered in theaters. However, after watching it last night I couldn't help but pick out some glaring issues.

- Why use the city as an extraction point? There would have been a battle for the all-spark regardless, so why risk the lives those they swear to protect?
    - Why is Sam given the responsibility of transporting the all-spark? Would it not have been simpler to have one of the marines carry the task? Or better yet, an autobot?!

7. Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

Thor 3D 9/10

Awesome 3D, awesome story, HOT actor playing Thor (with HOOT ABS), nice actors overall.. Epic movie. Only reason it didn't get a full score: a bit predictable, nothing you suffer from though ^^ It was just AWESOME!! ;D

8. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I agree on Fincher, I think he's a bit overrated. IMO, except for Seven and Fight Club, all his films are average at best.

---

The last two films I saw were Harold and Kumar 1&2. Good enough to pass the time.

I'm downloading The Town atm, I heard it's good.

9. Agent

Not true in the case of Let The Right One In's remake Let Me In. The remake is much better imo.

It indeed is very good.

I've watched SO much over the last little while. Here are a few...

Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark - had an urge to rewatch it and it was awesome! Such a fun film. 4/5

How to Train Your Dragon - I usually don't seek out animated films but based on the good reviews I decided to give this a shot and it was ah-mazing! Really didn't expect it to be as fun as it was! Great animation, story and voice acting. Finally DreamWorks doing something right. 4.5/5

Megamind - had to stop watching. I wasn't really too keen on watching this in the first place.. but kind of went along with it. But the more it progressed the more it bothered me for some reason. I donno... the whole story, the big purple headed fucker, aesthetics, dialogs... all of it just annoyed me. Shit film. .5/5

Rushmore - Fucking loved it! Wes Anderson creates these worlds that are so memorable and unique that you can't help but get hooked. I was engaged throughout the film... the dialogs are so cheeky and well written (props also goes to the co-writer Owen Wilson). It's one of those films that I see myself watching over and over again. 5/5

Grizzly Man (Documentary) - This documentary by Werner Herzog is about a passionate grizzly bear activist, Timothy Treadwell, who was tragically killed by a bear while living amongst them in Alaska. The film delves into the days/months leading up to incident and tries to decipher Timothy Treadwell's mind. To me, he simply stupid and a little mentally unstable... it's abundantly clear from the way he expresses his "passion" for these grizzlies. Sure it's tragic what happened to him but at the end of the day he had it coming to him sooner or later. I do however feel sorry for his then girlfriend who kind of got dragged into his mess and ended up dead too. 3/5

The Prestige - Rewatched this for the second time and loved it even more. Not much to say about this one really... one of Nolan's best films imo. Love how he intertwines the plots and jumps between timelines. Not a lot of directors/writers have the talent to pull that kind of shit off in such a seamless fashion. 5/5

Face/Off - Most awesomely ridiculous action move ever, lol. Nick Cage needs to do more villain roles!!! 3.5/5

Got a few half-watched stuff that I need to finish soon.

10. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I had that film on my computer for more than a year and never felt like watching it, but when I finally saw it I was amazed.

Same goes for The Illusionist. I saw them both on the same day. Brilliant films.

One of my all time favourite scenes :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvb4E3oN4w0&feature=player_detailpage#t=127s

11. Agent

The Prestige is a thousand times better in all aspect.

Hahahaha one of my fav scenes! "Face.... off!" *hand motion* :lol:

Best scene in the movie :rofl:

[video=youtube;81OoQmcLj48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81OoQmcLj48&feature=related[/video]

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  12. MKH

I Am Number Four - 1/5

13. sotrix

sotrix @lplive

The King's Speech - 4/5

Exactly what I thought it was going to be. Social Network deserved that Oscar.

14. Agent

Transsiberian - This worked as a pretty good train thriller. Had some good suspenseful moments that kept me interested throughout the film. 3/5

Office Space - I could take it or leave it. For one, it feels extremely dated... the late 90s tech doesn't help much either. The characters were pretty funny but I didn't like how they went kind of serious with the whole bank scandal thing. It overshadowed the comedy. Still I'd say it was good enough for me to enjoy it to an extent. 3/5

Batman Returns - I donno if it's me getting used to picturing the Batman universe through Nolan's eyes... but man, this movie was ridiculously bad. Starting from the melodramatic acting performances, ridiculous plot to the cheap set designs, everything about this movie worked against it. Speaking of the sets, I was shocked to see that not a single shot in this movie was filmed outdoors... every single scene was done on sound-stages! .5/5

Hubble 3D - I wish I could watch this in an IMAX theater! Even watching a dvdrip on a 15 inch monitor kept me glued to the screen. Simply mesmerizing! I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this telescope managed to capture these jaw-dropping images that are millions of light years away from us. My only problem is that I thought it was too short (only 45 minutes). 5/5

15. Jeff

You gotta give it credit though, at least it wasn't as shitty as Batman and Robin. :awesome:

16. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't know why Batman & Robin gets such a frosty reception...

17. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Tim Burton's Batman movies were actually well done. Do people remember the old TV shows with Adam West? Batman didn't used to be portrayed like Nolan's awesomeness.

18. Jeff

[thumb]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QalxyuibvXg/TKGIC1HvirI/AAAAAAAABQk/7r94X3dX_zo/s1600/freeze.jpg[/thumb]

I see what you did there.

19. Agent

I can deal with the campy Batman. But Burton's one (at least Batman Returns) was neither serious nor fun. Just bad.

20. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'm guessing you just don't like Tim Burton movies in general then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.