Bands Whose Songs All Sound The Same To You

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Apr 12, 2011.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Absolutely agree.

Also, AC fucking DC. I honestly think they've only ever recorded one drum track, and keep reusing it...

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

ACDC are a terrible band. I don't care how long they've been around or what they've done, but all their songs sound the same and BOTH their lead singers sound like absolute shit.

Anyway, people already listed the common bands. Disturbed, Rise Against, Godsmack, Nickelback, Shinedown. Now, I have all of those bands on my iTunes (except Nickelback, fuck them), but man, bands need to change it up.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Every band that you like.

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

All pop-punk from the last 5 years or so pretty much sounds exactly the same to me, every song runs together, every band runs together. One of the reasons I abandoned that genre a while ago.
    Also Three Days Grace. This annoys me because back when they released they're first album, then they're second was very similar and my intrest dropped a little. Then they're third was identical again and I just lost hope. Now I barely listen to them.
    This is also the reason I can't get into Tool or Korn even though I've tried countless times. On paper I should love both these bands, but everytime I try to get into them I find all they're songs just blend together and I just can't.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Nickelback and Shinedown. In fact, I'm not convinced that they aren't the same band. And every KoRn song released since Head found Jeebus and left the band.

Also throwing Stone Temple Pilots in there. I like STP a lot. A few of their songs are my all time favorites, but many of them share a similar sound. The other day Crackerman came on the radio in my car, but because I had my windows open on the highway and couldn't clearly hear it, I thought it was Sex Type Thing during the opening riff. Very similar.

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Cake is a terrible offender of this. I love them but you could mix and match any song from any album and it would never sound out of place, barring production quality. Korn I can agree with up to a point, with their Untitled album they tried to move away from the "signature sound" and to be honest that is my favorite album by them. Unfortunately they caved to negative fan pressure and released another same-y album afterwards.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

There's plenty of bands out there who have enough variance in their music to not suit this thread. Nine Inch Nails is a big one. Even Linkin Park is debatable post-Meteora. It's true that every band has their common elements, most notably in vocals. I've heard a lot of Muse criticism over Matt Bellamy's vocals sounding the same from song-to-song. But some bands stick to the same formula and keep pumping out part 1, 2, 3 of previously successful music. It's one thing to generalize a band's sound and say it's Part A + Part B + Part C, but it's another thing to mistake one song for another, which is essentially what I was talking about in the OP.

The thread has generated a good bit of discussion in the last day. If it's so uninteresting there's no one forcing you to read or post in it, so no need for snarky replies. ;)

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Nickelback

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I apologise for sounding like a dick, just a bit annoyed at the fact that the most popular topics in the other music section in the last week have been "worst song you'll ever hear", "rebecca black vs. justin beibz vs. whoever", "bands whose songs all sound the same". People should really be posting Radiohead, Brian Eno, Sigur Ros, Aphex Twin etc. but it's easy to just hate Nickleback.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Does that mean this thread isn't SWAG?

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Yeah, thats true.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Pisses me off when people call AC/DC Australia's greatest band... Midnight Oil? Cold Chisel? Silverchair? Fark

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

And it's easy to hate what other people post without taking it upon yourself to post what you'd rather see.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow, I can't believe that so many people hate AC/DC. I think they're great.

And I'd agree with Korn, everything after The Untouchables sounds exactly the same to me.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Haha, sick of the swag thing for the most part tbh.

Dean: If I hadn't made it clear, I would like to see actual discussion of music in the music section. Free music thread: 17 posts vs. Worst song you've ever heard: 247 posts. But it probably just looks bad to me because I don't like Innerpartysystem, Foo Fighters or Pendulum and whoever. I'm also a hypocrite because I contributed way more to the Rebecca Black thread than to the Free Music thread.

Anyway, I'm just angry cos it rains everyday and my mum hates me. I vote OK Computer as an album where all the songs sound the same.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Really 2 pages...no one mentioned

Coheed and Cambria? derp.

I am shocked.

--RS

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Disturbed, with Indestructible being a slight exception.

I was pretty excited for Asylum to come out. That was my first mistake. I downloaded it, listened to it once, realized I was listening to the same song over and over again, deleted it, never listened to it again.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Hahaha, you really have an axe to grind with AC/DC.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Who dat?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think Silverchair can officially be considered out of the picture after that horrible album Young Modern.