whats your favorite quote?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by tROCKS24, Apr 2, 2011.

tROCKS24

tROCKS24 Banned

your favorite quote can be from a movie, part of a song, and or advice from a friend, family... :D

my favorite quote from a movie is from Bubba Gump its starring Adam Sandler. it comes on every couple of times during the year: "Life is a box of chocolates, you'll never know what ur're gonna get." i've seen this quote many times.

"long may u carry, court who u please, watch who u marry." a quote from my dad :D

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Oh man. I have so many. One of my favorites is probably the "foot massage" conversation in the movie Pulp Fiction.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

RUSRS?!

On a more serious note, here are a few that I enjoy in terms of the ideas behind them rather than them being funny. Those are reserved for a later post.

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense. " - The Comedian, The Watchmen

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"I like my life. Not my current circumstances, necessarily, but the basic idea of continued existence." - Jordan McKell, The Icarus Hunt

"There are many ways to define our fragile existence; many ways to give it meaning. But it is our memories that shape its purpose and give it context. The private assortment of images: fears, loves, regrets... for it's the cruel irony of life that we are destined to hold the dark with the light, the good with the evil, success with disappointment. This is what separates us, what makes us human. And in the end, we must fight to hold on to." - Mohinder Suresh, Heroes

"...But when it comes to human beings, the only type of cause that matters is final cause, the purpose. What a person had in mind. Once you understand what people really want, you can't hate them anymore. You can fear them, but you can't hate them, because you can always find the same desires in your own heart." -Andrew Wiggin, Speaker of the Dead

"Culture is all the things you do as a nation that you no longer pay attention to because you take it for granted. THAT is culture." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The film is called Forrest Gump and it's starring Tom Hanks.

Minus

This.

Bubba Gump is the name of the company in the film and a subsequent restaurant chain.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

"Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week."

That's my motivational quote haha

Minus

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

Now that I think of it, Mohinder's voice-overs were quite deep weren't they.

And I should've stopped at Speaker of the Dead; why oh why did I have to go on to the next one.

Minus

I thought Xenocide and Children of the Mind were awesome.

And the Shadow series is great as well.

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

Have you been keeping up with the news about the movie version?

Apparently the producer thinks the book is about whether video games are good for you or not.

Why can't the Japanese make a proper anime for it, the thought of a watered down Hollywood action movie is just sad.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

"Now I was willing to mind my own business..I was willing to respect your territory and treat you like a man, but you couldn't leave it alone could you? You couldn't let a man. . . . . .sit here for five minutes to rest on your precious piece-of-shit hill?"

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

"Everything in the end will be okay, if it's not okay then it's not the end"
    -unknown

"Everyone always thinks they are right"
    -Stefan Sagmeister (awesome badass German graphic designer)

"I'm a mushroom cloud laying mother fucker, mother fucker"
    -Sam L Jackson in Pulp Fiction

Those are the ones I remember the most.

Pez

Pez Awesome Poster

Ill keep it simple

"I am what I am"
    those 6 words are what I live by.

Numerous people have been re-credited for the quote seeing its quite popular, but I actually got it from Allen Iverson.

CM.

CM. ☠ L O V E KEEPS US K I N D

selena gomez - who says;
    ''You've got every right, to a beautiful life''