LPA Ghost Town Podcast MP3 Now Available for Download!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 20, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

This afternoon's podcast with special guests Brandon, Dave and Matt of Ghost Town Media is now available for download. Listen as the folks from Ghost Town talk about their experiences working with Linkin Park, how they got their start, their techniques, behind the scenes anecdotes, and much more!

This podcast was a huge success and we would like to thank the guys of Ghost Town for making time to talk with us and to all of you who listened live and submitted questions for them during the show. Stay tuned to the LPA for news of future podcasts!

Right click and "Save As" to download the podcast as an MP3

(Note: Recording is slightly NSFW and may contain some explicit language for children or the easily offended. Please be advised)

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

It's always good to listen to an awesome LPA Podcast for the second time. I'm also wondering how the hell you guys get these interviews let alone conduct them. It must be something to do with the ketchup.

Derek

Btw transcription of this was impossible, as despite being only like an hour and 50 minutes, the answers were VERY detailed.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Derek, detail does not take away the ability to transcript something. It has no effect what so ever on the final outcome on transcription other than being longer and more accurate. It is very possible to transcribe it is just very numerous in the hours of labour it would take to do so.

Now, if the answers given were undecipherable and it could not be discerned what was being said then, yes, it would be impossible to transcribe. Again, I'm not trying to be an asshole but just pointing out that details and longevity of audio do not mean transcription is impossible. Think about people who work in courtrooms and such, and professional transcribers for professional big name interviews.

---
    That said, I appreciate everything that the LPA does and am very happy to have an audio recording of the podcast. Thanks. :)

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

At least you remembered about transcribing.
    Thanks for the podcast, I'll listen to it in... a month or so. Surely It'll be a cool one.

Derek

Jesse, do you have countless hours of spare time to keep rewinding and transcribing? You need to remember we do this on our spare time and Sundays are only picked for the podcast cause we don't work that day.

I know you were not trying to be an asshole, but if a transcript is that important than by all means please feel free to help us out.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Fuck the transcript, this shit is so long that it would take AGES to do it.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well, I do agree that it would just take too long and too much effort into doing it.

I was just being nitpicky over the use of the word impossible.. haha, no harm meant though.

Gloomy Mushroom

I really don't have anything to do today so I could give it a shot. If Jesse stops talking to me on MSN of course.

What program do I have to use to transcribe it? Just notepad?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Well, Word would probably be better for the sake of formatting, but it really is unnecessary. It would possibly take DAYS to do :)

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I think what Death Slayer suggested in the Pooch Podcast thread was if it was possible for someone to type out the main questions/answers rather than writing a FULL transcript of everything covered in the podcast.

El Muerto

Todd, what's with your fascination with Blu-ray? You're always asking if things are available on Blu-ray haha :)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

No I'm not...I don't think :lol:

But I really am serious when I say that YouTube's crappy compression doesn't do their work justice, and they need to put it out there for everyone to see in its original intended form.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I asked if they would hire Keaton, lol. :D

Gloomy Mushroom

The typing side I can handle but understand the accent for me is starting to prove a challenge. Nonetheless if my Mum can be transcriber in court I can be one. Fuck this I give up I am getting sick of hearing Derek saying the same line ten times.

I should just take Ree's advice and transcribe the main questions instead of trying to understand what the fuck Derek is saying at the introduction.

El Muerto

Hey, how old are these guys? Late 20s?

edit: oh, i just got to the part when they say how old they are haha

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Derek

How's this Sarah...if you really want to help, just listen for key notes..important details and list those. No transcription is necessary.

Gloomy Mushroom

I originally started transcribing the whole thing before I saw Ree's post and now I've done exactly that, a lot less fuss and a lot less things to write down.

Derek

Definitely think the music videos that are on Ghost Town's site are better quality than youtube for sure. :)

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

It was cool, I cant believe they read my post about the Derek photoshop incident :lol:.
    Sorry, Derek and Dean. Didnt think they would read that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.