About Reanimation...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Dean, Feb 25, 2011.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

ATS is a bigger departure, but it wasn't better done. Other than Waiting for the End, Blackout and maybe The Catalyst, ATS is a fairly routine alt rock album with a bunch of interludes on it. A pretty good one, but routine still.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

It's still all about opinions really. To this day I still find Reanimation their weakest, I just can't see what's so awesome about it.

os neutral

os neutral Well-Known Member

I would say, Reanimation as a whole is just half LP but still the the few songs, that are mostly done by them plus all the snippets show a lot about LP. i see it as a pool partly filled with some valuable stuff from LP. While alot is not from LP, other songs sorta outperform other LP Albums, which compensates for it.

Personally I think P5hng Me A*wy is one of the best songs LP ever did.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I'm 14 so that explains why i think its the most epic shit ever. [SARCASM]

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

That's a very very mature response you have there, and not at all proving a point about indignant children/Meteora fans.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

This. The only outstanding songs on there is the Crawling and Pushing Me Away remix. Everything else on that album was your run of the mill remix with all the required treatment one expects. There is no real originality within it. I would be more impressed if the album had been original material.

It's quite telling that the only two songs LP has played live from that album are the two aforementioned songs.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's not true, they've played Forgotten, With You, One Step Closer and probably some more that I can't remember right now..

I'm 14 and I dont really like Meteora other than a couple songs. .__.

I like reanimation. It's nothing original, but I think Linkin Park should've created an album similar to Reanimation other than Meteora.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Sorry Badman

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Sorry, I completely forgot about Wth>you - mike did the guitars on it right? How could i forget! :lol: - and all the other interludes by Mike & Phi (on the cello of course) So its way more LP that I first realized.

Though I do disagree with the basslines. Part of me is awesome, sure is nothing like anything by John Paul Jones, but for LP its Stella.
    Though as I've said in another thread, maybe its the production & mixing that makes all the bass the stand out better.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It may well be unfair to judge "Reanimation" against the studio albums - I don't consider it to be the "pinnacle of the band's creativity" but I still like "Reanimation" over most of the band's other albums. And. then, I like "A Thousand Suns" even more. :)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm officially confused. Being a relatively new fan, I'm not that knowledgeable regarding how much the band had to do with Reanimation. I guess I always assumed Mike and the guys made the tracks and asked guest artists to provide vocals here and there.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, Shinoda commissioned a bunch of remixes - the rest were made within the LP camp - but I think the band remained fairly involved in the production of those remixes (like Delson and whoever else reworking Jay Gordon's "Points" rmx to their specifications) so as to give the eventual product some kind of, I guess, continuity, which is also supported by the original interludes and such they created specifically for the album. They've always stated that Shinoda "oversaw" the whole thing and was in charge of recording schedules and such.

I'm guessing the guests vocalists and musicians were picked by the remixers - several of them are rappers who were already associated with the producers of the remixes they appeared on, and people like Jonathan Davis, Aaron Lewis and Stef Carpenter were LP's tourmates and whatnot. :"

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011