About Reanimation...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Dean, Feb 25, 2011.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

A lot of people seem to count Reanimation as a Linkin Park album in the same way that A Thousand Suns, Minutes to Midnight, Meteora, and Hybrid Theory are Linkin Park albums.

But it's a remix album. Not one of their own studio albums. To my knowledge, all the band did for the most part is re-record certain parts and pick the people to remix the songs. Most of what's new on there is contributed by people outside the band.

Still, it seems like when the band's albums get discussed on here someone always brings it up and mentions how its the pinnacle of the band's creativity, and how it shows what they can really do when they're given total freedom.

Right. But Black Thought is not a Linkin Park member. Aaron Lewis is not a Linkin Park member. Alchemist is not a Linkin Park member. You're practically saying that the most they can do musically is get ahold of other musicians and ask them to rework their songs. If that's your intention, then fair enough. Otherwise, it's kind of a sad indictment on them.

Just saying.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly. This has always been my thought, and I appreciate you saying it. Sure Reanimation may be one of their most diverse albums, but a vast majority of the music (apart from say Kyur, Krwling and p5hing) was not done by the band.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's exactly how I feel.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I won't argue the belief that Reanimation is an incredible album, because it is...it practically re-invented the idea of a "remix album", but I don't think it's fair to say it's LP's best work and compare it to say ATS/HT when it's not LP's full work.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Compared to other remix albums, it's pretty good. But judged on its own merit, it's a mixed bag.

Oh, and the self-censorship is lame.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Off topic: I LOVE KRWLNG almost 10 times more than Crawling, P5hng Me Awy is badass too!

Back to the topic: Um...okay, I see Reanimation differently.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

i like POA,krwlng,p5hng me awy....of re animation better dan HT....

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I agree. I've always wondered why people counted Reanimation as a studio release when it's not. I may be in the minority here, but I'm not the biggest fan of Reanimation. I prefer Linkin Park alone, without any guest acts. Though, I do like Collision Course.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I love Reanimation but i think that it shouldn't be counted as an album like HT, M and ATS. Its a remix album just like Colllision Course which I also love.:)

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It's the best album with their name on it. There's my reasoning.

And Linkin Park never really were the greatest of musicians, anyway...

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Reanimation is still better than MTM and Meteora, despite what you may say about the creators of the album. Hence why I always used to say:

Reanimation > HT/MTM > Everything Else > Meteora.

ATS is tied with Reanimation at this point.

It may not be fair to some people that we judge Reanimation alongside their studio albums, but guess what? We're going to anyways. It's an opinion. Opinions aren't fair. No offense, but if people get to call Meteora a studio album, I get to call Reanimation one of Linkin Park's best CDs to date.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's not really about whether or not people think it's good and where they think it ranks. If people like it more than other stuff, great. I'm just saying that whatever you think of it it's not really to Linkin Park's credit, but whenever I'm posting here there are a decent amount of people who think it is. That's it.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

:lol:

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Dean is spot on /thread

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Reanimation is kind of weird, like when you have a really vivid dream, but a similar vague memory and can't remember which is reality?

Its definitely not a studio album, but I love it, and wish they'd do another like it. Enth E Nd was one of the songs that really brought me to Linkin Park. It may not be a studio album, but it is terribly interesting nonetheless. I agree with Dean though on what he said.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

I'm glad someone brought this up. Reanimation is an interesting exercise, but it isn't a Linkin Park album. It's called a "remix album" for a reason.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

:lol: I can see how this came about but I personally don't class Reanimation as a TRUE album by LP. Only Pshng, by_myself, kyur4thIch & Krwlng are the only ones that could be LP's own tracks (due to Mikes, joes & Brads imput) But even thats pushing it.

That said, I still think its one of their most creative albums even if it wherent completly their own work (like many have said previously) so I still rank it along side the other albums on occasion.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Totally agree with OP.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Although I do agree with Dean's point, I also have to agree with Minus partly. Reanimation, despite the tremendous involvement of other artists, is still one of Linkin Park's best albums (or compilation of songs, if you really prefer).

Only thing I disagree on is Minus' point about Meteora. I really like Meteora, but I know I'm only one of a select few who really appreciate it.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Oh..That makes sense now. No wonder Krwling was like the best song on that album. It was remixed by the band with the genius idea of having Aaron Lewis do vocals. The rest of the songs remixed by the other artists were crap to be honest. Or at least, i thought they were boring. LP are the still the only artists who can remix their own songs and make me love them even more than the original.

Reanimation = overrated.