AUDIO: Get Busy Committee ft. Divine Styler "Wretches & Kings" Remix

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yes, that was confirmed nearly a month ago.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Not by anything official though.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

So Mike recorded new vocals for this remix ? Prob outtakes .

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Perhaps his verse is pre-written, maybe based on earlier versions of the ones he delivers in the version on "A Thousand Suns" but I'm inclined to think the recording was done specifically for the remix.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Wow i was pretty much looking forward to this after everybody sponsorizing this Scoop, but haha, wow.... ok nevermind. I just read the news of "LP is back in studio" so that is grand. I don't even care anymore of all these bullshit remixes of ATS. They're all ridicolous, which only means the album is good, because is not pop enough to be transformed into techno and experimental enough not to be done even more experimental.
    By the way, this was the worst remix i have ever heared, and the funny thing is this was set 2 months ago to come out, and in all this time they did this??

I mean, i have a a very explosive experimental song of mine called Rival, and i realized after finishing it how it would match well Mike's verse even... i tried it and it sounds pretty amazing and would completely kick the ass of this. And PLEASE notice, me as musician i never said i am better than anyone.

EDIT: the rap parts of each member are good, and i think Scoop took advantage of that to be lazy on the music... The chorus... uhm, Chester or whoever that is, with right channel pitch -10 and left channel pitch +10, so fucking horrible and lame (sorry for vulgarity).
    <<The Pitch and the Contact>> completely failed here.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There haven't been any "techno" remixes and I don't think the intention with these remixes is to be "experimental", nor do I think a remix is good or bad based on how "pop" the original track is. Shinoda clearly picked these artists to make remixes because he's a fan of their work. Scoop's beat pretty much resembles most of the beats he's done for Get Busy Committee - they're all pretty minimalistic - since his intention was clearly to rework the song to sound like a Get Busy Committee track. It's been the same with the other recent remixes; The Glitch Mob, for instance, reworked "Waiting For The End" into something that would not sound out of place at all among the tracks from their debut album. When these people get picked, that's what Shinoda wants from them - and, okay, sometimes, it works and, sometimes, it doesn't.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Ok, I do understand. I would like too my tracks to be remixed from musicians and friends I follow and like, I do not claim even that much about the quality of the remixes, but what I claim is that ATS deserves another kind of remix genre, different from everything they have tried yet. Why to force a strong track becoming weak? This remix is basically the same song of ATS, just slowed down of 15 BPM maybe, removed all the sick guitar sounds and reduced the bass, leaving it with the same -boring- pad starting off each of the 3 verses and a different lyrics. And with a chorus that cringes me to floor.

Mike has all my respect, he is between my 4 most important influences, and I think vocals of all the rappers were pretty amazing. But as minimalistic the music can be, this track sounded to me lazy and on the chorus just -extremely- badly done. I heared lots of minimalistic tracks (could mention the fantastic remix of Lighten Up, Francis of Puscifer) and they are entertaining and nice to be listened.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Agreed. The track had so much potential...

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

This was so bad :lol:

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

I'mma massive fan of Get Busy Committee but . . . this was lame.
    On the other hand, that was a mighty fine verse Mike dished out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.