Why are the new music videos so boring now?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TimeSpree, Feb 18, 2011.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They have their really good videos, their ok ones and their bad ones. But I think most of the bad ones were earlier in their career. New Divide aside, off the top of my head most of the ones from the past few years at least aren't horrible in my opinion, even if they aren't that good either.

Actually, it's my least favourite album of theirs in terms of the actual songs but I think Meteora had the best run of videos, besides the one for Numb.
    I think Faint is still their best video. It's a simple concept but they got the most out of it, which is pretty much opposite to what you get from Joe's videos at their worst. Then again, I haven't seen most of them for a long time so yeah.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

WFTE looks good...but it certainly below par....mike does luk stupid in dat... catalyst ..i like d it...

M2M videos were gud..really gud actually[IMO] ..loatr,sotd,what i've done,....were catering to the meaning of the song really well..

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

WHAT IS THIS?

I DON'T EVEN...

dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

^^ Ipman, good movie.

Anywho, WFTE was actually my favorite video in a long time. Guess it's all opinion really.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:lol:

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

I have to admit I lol'd at this :lol:

The Papercut and One Step Closer videos sucked and In The End I thought was pretty epic but videos like Breaking The Habit and Leave Out All The Rest really showcase that Linkin Park are good visually as well as sonically.

Also the points of authority remix, i'm a sucker for sci fi :headbang:

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I would have to agree with this.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Why is everyone laughing at my post? I'm being completely serious here. I find the lack of long-legged elephants and Gundam-themed backgrounds to be a sign of a lack of creativity. I really miss the days where they told a story, like the one about a woman being completely misunderstood by the people around her. You know, Crawling, um, I mean half of Breaking the Habit, I mean Numb.

And I think we can all agree that the latest videos have NOT been up to par. I mean, look at The Catalyst. Who would seriously watch a music video about a riot? I know I wouldn't. I'd rather watch the music videos for From The Inside or Shadow of the Day.

Why can't we go back to the good old days of music videos? I mean, take a look at the original Points of Authority video. So simple, so much energy. All that video is is a compilation of live clips. Why can't LP do that anymore? I honestly think if they were to make another video with clips of their live shows, they'd be a lot more popular now.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Because people like me think those kinds of videos are boring :lol:. Also, I'm not sure music videos have much if any impact on song popularity like they used to.

You know, I just want Linkin Park to have a storyline in their videos. Like a short movie. It can include about 2 or 3 Linkin Park songs along with some acting.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm watching the In The End video right now, and I think the part where Mike is waist deep in grass is a metaphor for Joe's creative process as a director back then.

And now I'm watching the BTH video and wondering if the animators got Brad and Rob confused with each other for the performance parts, because it kind of looks like they did.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

*whoosh* This is the sound of my extremely sarcastic post going over your head.

See: Given Up, Waiting For The End (Live)

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I'd normally jump into the supahr hi-larious sarcasm fest these types of threads usually degenerate into, but I'll take the quicker route and say barring Waiting for the End I'd have to agree that Linkin Park haven't made a good video for a long time.

Leave Out All The Rest gets an honorable mention. It wasn't great, but goddamn was it neat to look at for awhile.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I love WID, POA remix, BTH, FTI and that's it.

jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

I didn't like WFTE at all... The Catalyst was amazing though

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

What I've Done - Meh.
    Shadow of the Day - Meh. Executed poorly.
    Bleed It Out - Gimmicky idea, bad video.
    Leave Out All The Rest - Best one from MTM, still doesn't bring out the emotions of the song.
    The Catalyst - All over the place. Some of the CGI looks low budget, which is surprising for an LP video.
    WFTE - Visually intense but again, executed poorly. I still like it though.

I think Joe gets too ambitious with his concepts. He should play with some simpler ideas for a change and see how that works.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Pretty much that.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

The ideas Joe has are really interesting but badly used imo.

tROCKS24

tROCKS24 Banned

I disagree as well. What i havent noticed in a long time is do they still play mv's on tv. In the 2nd. music video tv generation, they play all the modern popular hits on the weekends on MTV and they do the same on for mostly hip hop on MTV2. idk if they still do that and MTV used to have all of these dating shows that i totally miss [to learn what and what not to do since i havent been on a date yet...] only on weekdays. They dont show that on there nemore. :( on the good side, i have a comp. in my room now and i can go on their website or youtube the mv's :)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Watch the new video for Burning in the skies... It has a story, super slow motion and a minimal band performance.