What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Planet 51 - 7/10

Not as funny as I thought it would be. From the plot, it's kind of supposed to be a reverse alien invasion movie, where the aliens are the humans and the human is the alien invader. But it was just a run of the mill kids movie. It had some good laughs in it though :D

2. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This is one of my favourite films! The first 10 minutes really mess with your emotions haha. Russell is so cute :p

3. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

127 Hours (Aaamazing)
    Megamind
    Stepfather, The
    Up
    Zerophilia (LULZ factor here)

4. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

saw True Grit the other night, entertaining, better than No Country For Old Men, but probably wouldn't watch it again.

5. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Green Hornet- Pretty cool Movie. Seth Rogen and Jay Chou actually had really good chemistry together. 8/10

The Dilemma- Let's go on records to say I love Vince Vaughn. I think he is fucking hilarious and I like Kevin James alot as well. The movie was alright but I think it could have been finnier considering you have two very funny people in it. But considering the topic matter I guess it's alright 7/10

6. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Green Hornet - 7/10

A great time at the cinemas. Great humour, and awesome gadgets and weapons brought to life. I can totally see how fans of the Green Hornet franchise prior to this film could be disappointed though. Seth Rogan doesn't exactly emulate the original Green Hornet, nor does he create an original persona for his rendition. He's simply Seth Rogan wearing a mask. Also, I actually felt that the action was a little excessive, and unnecessary at times even - a la Kato vs Reid (Green Hornet). Other than that, it's a fun movie.

7. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Green Hornet - 5/10

I overall didnt like the movie at all. I thought the script was bad. Wasnt enough story in it. I thought some of the fighting was a little extensive to. Best part was the fight between Reid and Kato. Other then that I probably wouldnt watch again

8. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

8/10

In a futile last stand against the corrupted, and the ridiculous; Michael Douglas plays a character that could've been any one of us who has had enough with what society has put itself into, in a mere trip towards what he deemed his paradise. Great film.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  9. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Mission: Impossible III - 4/5 (2006)
    It was a great/fun watch. Lots of very well directed action sequences. There weren't really any dull moments in the film. This is how a big Hollywood summer action movie should be like. My only gripe would be that it lacked exposition, ie, the plot points jumped around a little too conveniently.

The House of the Devil - 5/5 (2009)
    Extremely well crafted horror flick! This is the only movie after [REC] that legitimately scared me. And the best part is that the majority of the movie is built on slow-burn suspense, with little or no in-your-face/jump scares. The director, Ti West, really deserves props for creating such a great 80s horror homage. Everything, from the set pieces to the score, helped craft a strong sense of eeriness that kept my stomach tied in a knot throughout the film. Must watch for all horror fans!

Eden Lake - 2/5 (2008)
    A British couple gets terrorized by a gang of teen thugs in a forest. Boring. It's one of those "it was what it was" type of movies. I'd have felt invested in the characters if they hadn't made some stupid ass decisions which imo weren't very realistic.

Total Recall - 3/5 (1990)
    Loaded with 80s/early 90s action movie cheese and bad one liners. I looked past that and a had a pretty good time with it. The sci-fi plot was quite interesting and I think, for it's time, they did a decent job portraying the future/space. Plus there were some sweet retro special effects and action sequences, which I also quite liked as well.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  10. Jeff

Batman: Under The Red Hood - 8/10
    Definitely something I enjoyed. There were a few dry moments that felt kinda meh, but overall it was a great watch.

11. iamsatan

Nowhere Boy - (3/5) Interesting retelling of John Lennon's teenage years, I'd watch it if you like The Beatles and are not familiar with John Lennon's teenage years.

The Virginity Hit - (1/5) this movie was horrible, I don't recommend watching it even if you're bored

12. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

No Strings Attached - One of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile. Really great writing for the characters. 8/10.

13. KeshiyaLP

KeshiyaLP Member

500 days of summer 8/10
    I've never been the one to like love stories and stuff but for some reason I really liked this movie. The storyline was pretty basic but the way it was made was awesome. Choice of songs in the movie was what made me like it even more and the way it was incorporated into every situation/scene really........... brought it to life I guess. Although most people I know didn't really like it.....I totally recommend it! (it's worth a watch :) )

14. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Toy Story 2 & 3 - Just really good stuff there. Great way to make you feel guilty about giving your toys away.

Iron Man 1 & 2 - Both have some minor problems but are still a great watch. Can't help but like RDJ as Stark and I love what Marvel are trying to do building up to The Avengers. Oh yeah, IM2 > IM1.

The Rocketeer - Good if a little cheesey. I hadn't seen this since I was a kid.

15. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

Fucking brilliant. 10/10

16. iamsatan

^Girl Interrupted is pretty damn good

127 Hours - this was painful to watch, but it was damn good, really loved the cinematopgraphy too. (4/5)

17. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

The King's Speech 7/10
    I must admit it's really not my cup of tea the plot of it nor was it a crock full of shit either. I really hope that the movie gets all 12 Oscar's its nominated for.

18. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Dude, seriously? :(

THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL: 5/10

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  19. Jeff

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 8.5/10
    Definitely something I thoroughly enjoyed watching. The visual effects were amazing, and I felt like I was watching a super advanced comic book/video game. The only thing I really have against it is that some of the dialogue was kinda meh, and yet again we have Michael Cera playing an awkward, shy person, but towards the end he seems to grow a pair, and breaks the awkwardness.

20. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Yup I thoroughly enjoyed. It was mainly the suspenseful build-up that did it. Plus the whole thing had that feel of an actual passion-project which I really appreciated. The camera work in the film is just amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.