28.01.11 - Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Linkin Park will be playing Minneapolis, MN at the Xcel Energy Center tomorrow (01/28/2011) in what will be the sixth show of the North American leg of the A Thousand Suns World Tour.

The band are coming off a show in Chicago, IL where they hosted a very successful LPU Summit (their first ever in North America) and debuted yet another completely new set list (B13), which saw When They Come For Me moved to the encore for the first time this tour. Other notable changes were the inclusion of From The Inside, the band opening with Faint after The Requiem (with a Mario Salvo outro), and The Catalyst being played without Fallout as an intro.

Burning In The Skies was rehearsed heavily during sound check but did not make its debut at Chicago, being absent from a set list that still did not include The Messenger or Wretches & Kings, two songs that were staples of the setlists before B11 and B13. What do you think about the changes and which set do you prefer?

In addition to B11/B13 it is still widely believed that Linkin Park will debut yet another setlist this tour, one that may bring back W&K or re-introduce Burning In The Skies back into the live set. What would you like to see from the third setlist, and what do you think we can expect from Minneapolis tomorrow night?

Are you heading to the show in Minneapolis, MN? Let us know and discuss the tour on the LPA Forums!

Update: Apparently according to several sources, an LPAssociation.com Flag has made its way onto the stage at tonight's show. A big big props go out to the LPAssociation.com community for making this happen.

Setlist:

01: The Requiem
    02: Papercut
    03: Lying From You
    04: Given Up (Extended outro)
    05: What I've Done (Extended outro)
    06: Empty Spaces
    07: When They Come For Me
    08: No More Sorrow
    09: Jornada Del Muerto
    10: Waiting For The End
    11: Burning in the Skies
    12: Numb
    13: The Radiance
    14: Breaking The Habit (Extended outro)
    15: Fallout
    16: The Catalyst
    17: Crawling
    18: One Step Closer (Extended outro)
    19: Bleed It Out (A Place For My Head & Drum Solo)
    -----
    Encore:
    20: Wisdom, Justice & Love
    21: Iridescent
    22: Shadow of the Day
    23: In The End
    24: New Divide
    25: Faint (Extended outro)

Source: Updates via Dumbledore

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'll be there. Robot Boy, one time!!!!!!!!

I'm almost more excited to see Pendulum live, to be honest. LP's older songs won't be that exciting for me anymore.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Me and Zane are all over this. Meet and Greet, banner/flag, and perhaps Zane playing Faint on the guitar.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I agree about the older songs... i think when the next album will drop all song till MTM will fall apart. Being honest, i think most of the songs cannot be performed with the fitting charisma. I think APFMH with Bleed It Out was simply amazing, but even tho, Chester screaming his bridge of that 2001 song today is just not the same because is not the same guy, is a grown man with new problems, so he screams for spectacle and not feelings. Also Lying from You feels forced for the band to play since years. Faint is amazing tho, the outro blows me always away and comes apparently spontaneous.

I don't agree in putting together ATS interludes with Meteora songs, or at least not to some of them... i think in a not so old concert they put Numb with an interlude, no? If that's the case, i disagree because the contextes sounds so different to me. Faint with W&K intro could be fine. But Numb? Uhm...

W&K and BITS are absolutely a must-have-in-a-set, but maybe they want to exercise in some parts before bringing them back live?
    After all i am one of them awaiting the full ATS to be performed live, and leave the very past to the past. While writing this, i am actually imagining the perfect ATS concert TO ME: all 15 tracks played from start to the end, with some new stuff in between which could be unreleased ATS demos, perfectionated for lives, to make it epic, some instrumental amplifications to give new intros and outros, some short unreleased ATS songs that fits well lyrically to the theme, even only long as Fallout, but like 4-6 of them and divided between instrumental and with lyrics, wouldn't that be amazing?

Benjamin

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

All I want is at least WK and Blackout. Bits would be a great bonus and robot boy would be a dream come true. All interludes should be included and a new setlist would be nice. but thats not as big of a deal. oh, add back The Messenger wouldn't hurt. I want as many ATS songs as possible. And Derek, ben and I will have lots of stuff going on for the show so if you want any updating or such just ask. I'll be trying to updating during the set through my twitter if theres wifi

Benjamin

If you want we could do shifts lol. Every 5 songs we switch who updates the songs using your twitter.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Actually, send me a PM guys. I'm going to send you a special number to text shit to.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'll be there too, same deal as Ben/Zane, got the M&G...I'll be sporting a black LP zip-up hoodie and a bright green Frankenstein t-shirt...along with my signature long, impossibly frizzy red hair. :lol:

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Wait...

Your actually Shaun White!?! :uh:

--RS

love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

Perfect setlist would be, like everyone says, ATS played start to finish.
    But all I'm asking for is Wretches & Kings and the Messenger put back. Then Waiting for the End, Blackout, When They Come for Me, and Burning in the Skies. Can't wait, I think I have the second to last tour date! AH it's killing me

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hope all you guys have a great time tonight and Zane, I also hope you get your W&K/Blackout set. You can hope, right? :lol:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Thanks a lot Joe. Everyone here has a lot to help make this happen. Means a lot.

Benjamin

I'll be on the lookout for you :lol:. Me and Zane will be wearing Maroon/Burgundy LPA shirts.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Have fun guys.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Have fun guys! :awesome:

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

have fun guys :)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

"Shaun White with glasses" is pretty much the look I'm sporting these days. :lol:

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Damn. So pumped right now. Xcel Center, here I come!

Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Apparently there's another new set in line for tonight, Set C5. Looking forward to seeing what might be on it...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.