LPU Chat: Next Single To Be "Burning In The Skies"

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

My overall opinion is a mixture of these two, haha. It's a great song, but....

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think Burning In The Skies would make for a great video to be honest. Just imagine what kind of ideas would pop into Joe's mind if he directs the music video for it.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Videos are a relatively small part of what gets songs played now, though. The music video is a dying breed, and MTV plays fewer and fewer videos.

Jeff

What MTV doesn't have, is made up by sites like YouTube and Vimeo who stream the videos constantly. So just because they aren't really being played on cable TV as often as they have been, doesn't mean that they don't get a massive amount of views.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

IMO, I would prefer Wretches & Kings or Blackout to be the next single. I don't know I find BITS same w/ WFTE. Much slower :sleep:

Honestly, I would like to see other director and not Joe in the next single. Y'know to be different for now.

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

I don't like BITS much. :(

Benjamin

Yes, it would. But Ant's right, no matter how amazing the music video is, it's the song itself that will determine air play. But really, the music vid is the only thing that we should care about since we already have the song.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Fixed your reply to reflect how I feel. :lol:

LP4Hope

LP4Hope ROCK & ROLL!

I would really like "Iridescent" to be the next single. Also "Wretches and Kings". But that's not my decision so...whatever. :)

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'd really like to see a blackout music video, i think that may be one of the best videos yet. I'm not really into the idea of a WK video though it's a good single

Benjamin

Also at a lyrical standpoint, this wasn't the best choice for a single. I predict that many casual pop fans will be like "What's this song about people burning bridges?"

Jeff

Christopher Nolan would be ideal, if he would be up to making music videos. But, that would never happen.

It's better than people brushing teeth with a bottle of Jack. Or not being able to read my pah pah pah pah poker face.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    Benjamin

Breaking News: That's what the majority of the crowd actually WANTS :lol:

Jeff

True, however, I think what the people NEED are more songs like Burning In The Skies on the radio. Maybe it might actually get them to think about the actual message is.

Benjamin

I hope they do, believe me.

Ant

Ant Ambient

That's really not the same thing at all. Videos used to provide artists a source of exposing new people to their music, thus potentially increasing the amount of people who request their song on radio stations. Now, videos have to essentially be sought out, which means people have a higher chance of already being aware of the song's existence, so it really doesn't help a song, for instance, on Billboard's Hot 100.

Bands used to spend millions on videos, and now budgets for most videos are probably in the tens of thousands. They're not as viable as a marketing tool as they once were. Even if they made an absolutely awesome video for "Burning in the Skies", it wouldn't help it get played much.

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

meh i was hoping it was robot boy. can't go wrong with any song on the album tho..

i wonder if the video will have THE RADIANCE first and then go into BITS...like on the album

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Don't know about the message part, but I'll agree that Burning in the Skies is the type of song radio needs. It stays radio friendly, but it is pretty much on the outside compared to a lot of stuff out there. The thing that makes this song so good is the fact that it's a true, blue rock song. Rock without heavy, well-written, but without angst, beautifully sung, but doesn't rely on screaming or rapping.

Perhaps "minimal" is a better way to describe it, but "bland?" Hardly. I won't parade it as Linkin Park's best song, but I will attest that it's one of their better pieces. Truthfully, I'm glad this is in the forefront of the band's mind for the next single. I enjoy Wretches & Kings and Iridescent, but Burning in the Skies was the step that brought A Thousand Suns into a dead sprint. As such it deserves spotlight.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I was kinda hoping that it was going to be Wretches and Kings, but nonetheless, Burning In The Skies has grown on me these past few days and at least I can say now, that I can't wait! XD

Murali

Murali LP Soldier

WOW...finally BITS is getting some popularity...always i felt the no one cared about this song...now can't wait for MV and single to be released...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.