What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShinigamiPWN

ShinigamiPWN Sir? SIR?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - So much Daniel Radcliffe fanservice... >_____>

2. CM.

CM. ☠ L O V E KEEPS US K I N D

iRobot
    harry potter and the deathly hallows
    the legend of gahoole

3. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Shrek, again :awesome: only because I'm gonna watch the whole main series.

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The Expendables 7.7/10

Some parts got to be pretty cheesy, and the stabbing looked rather unauthentic, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

5. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Just finished watching Kick-Ass I'll give it a solid 8.3/10.

It was highly enjoyable, some parts were a little corny, but I still found the movie to be hilarious at parts, and a lot of the fight scenes tended to actually kick ass.

6. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Harry Potter. I hadn't read the book since it came out, so the story was kind of forgotten by me. I'd say it's by far the best movie so far. I don't think the final part will come close to delivering like the book did, though. Come to think of it, I wasn't a fan of how the book ended either lol.

7. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

The Legion of EXtraordinary Dancers <- Web Series, I'm like a fan of it now :awesome:

8. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

I'm a HUGE fan of the books, a complete HP nerd actually however I don't usually like the films. This one was an exception. This book is my favourite book out of the series so I was very excited to finally get to watch it. The acting in these films has improved a lot and the most important thing for me was the fact that they tried to stick to the book as much as possible. I know they missed some stuff from the book out and they also added new things in but I think it worked well. The film was visually stunning with all the awesome scenery shots and the animation clip was great too.

BRING ON PART 2!

8.5/10

9. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

KUNG FU HUSTLE: 10/10

10. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Did a lot of watching over the last few weeks...

Catfish - 4.5/5 (Documentary)
    Riveting. I was at the edge of my seat throughout the watch. Documentary or not, I enjoyed it thoroughly regardless. The dramatic scenes towards the end was crazy.

I'm Still Here - 3/5 (Documentary)
    Funny ass movie, although I don't think I exactly got what point it was trying to get across. Subtle commentary on celebrity lifestyle? I mostly saw Joaquin Phoenix deliberately going on a downward spiral and acting nuts. :shrug:

Saw 6 - 2.5/5
    I've been out of the loop on Saw films for a while, which is mainly because they got progressively worse with every film. This one, however, was better than 5, which I thought was the weakest. It still doesn't come close to the first three. The set pieces look really cheap.. almost to the point where it looks like a fan-film at points. Nonetheless, I survived through it.

The Town - 4/5
    Enjoyed it a lot. The acting, especially from Jeremy Renner was great. Even Mr. Affleck, who I don't really like as an actor did a good job. I'd have enjoyed it more if it had a little more action though. Still a great watch.

Wake up Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie - 3/5
    Been meaning to check it out for a while. They did a pretty good job with it, considering that it's all junked material.

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Of course you would, you Madd Chadd fan you. :lol:

How To Train Your Dragon.

"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."

12. SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

I watched the Human Centipede lately and...... HOLY SHITBALLS!

13. MKH

Hotel Rwanda - 9.5/10. Unbelievably awesome! Not too much action, yet it totally held my attention. Only 9.5 'cause I wanna know what happened to that kid that shook him up so bad...

14. CM.

CM. ☠ L O V E KEEPS US K I N D

matilda :)

15. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Pretty much the same for me.

Also, bought Inception last week. Had only seen it once in the cinema, twice more now on DVD. Subsequent viewings have made me appreciate it even more. Great film.
    Loved the dreams documentary too.

16. MKH

A.I.: Artificial Intelligence - 9/10. Great Spielberg film, but it felt dragged on when it could have ended 25 minutes earlier.

The Simpsons Movie (2nd time) - 7/10. I only laughed "hard" one time, but it's a cool movie if you watch the show and get all the quirks.

17. sotrix

sotrix @lplive

For My Father (2008) - 4/5. A very beautiful actress and a powerful ending.

18. MKH

Shrek the Third - just not as good as the first 2, but oh well. Only one more left!

19. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Monsters - 3/5 (2010)
    Visually it was really impressive, especially when you consider the budget and whatnot. From what I've read the directer did the cinematography as well.. he did an amazing job. The special effects were a little sketchy at points, but the big monsters were done well enough. Plot-wise it wasn't really strong... but it was acted and delivered well enough for me to stay engaged. If you're looking for something like Cloverfield you'll be sorely disappointed.

20. MKH

The Fast and The Furious - 9/10. 'Twas boss.

2 Fast 2 Furious - 8/10. Good, but where the fuck was Vin Diesel?

The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift - 9.5/10. Way better than I expected and three cheers for a long, badass Vin Diesel cameo!

Fast & Furious - 8.5/10. Just not up to par with the original two films - the extra 0.5 points is for how hot Jordana Brewster looks driving a supah fast car.

EDIT:
    Monsters - 9/10. Writer/director Gareth Edwards did one hell of a job with only $500,000. Super boss story, and I liked the simplicity of the soundtrack in the sense of not having a giant ass symphony the entire time. Whitney Able's also super, super easy on the eyes and I refuse to believe that she is 40, even if Wikipedia says so. This is one of those films that deserves a huge award but won't get one 'cause it's almost independent. My only complaint was the lack of satisfaction and content at the end, but then again, this IS a monster sci-fi film and not a romantic comedy or something, so I guess that explains that. Badass.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.