'X-Box 360' or 'PS3'

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Bradley, Nov 28, 2010.

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

I've been debating with myself what console I want to have; I'm stuck between the X-Box 360 and the PlayStation 3. So in order for me to make a final decision on this debate, I want to hear other peoples opinions about these console.

Whether it's the prons and cons of the console or just recommending of a console, I want you guys to help me on making a final decision by voicing your opinions about which console is best.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

x-box

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

Do you want to play video games? If yes, buy a 360.
    Do you want to watch Blu-ray movies? If yes, buy a PS3.
    Do you want to do all of the above? If yes, buy both.

MaiMeR

MaiMeR The Technique

get a ps3: has some really solid games (Metal Gear Solid, Killzone, God of War), it play's blu-ray dvd's, but best of all...you don't have to waste money after you already bought a game just to play it online (FREE 2 PLAY NOT FEE 2 PLAY)

true you'll have to spend more $ to buy a PS3, but it's worth it (you'll prob end up spending as much if not more money on xbox live if u get an xbox 360...)

there are some real technical differences between them, but u can just look that up if u really want to know them

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    sotrix

sotrix @lplive

Your post makes it seem that Xbox Live is a negative as opposed to one of the 360's strongest selling points and exactly the reason OP should buy it.

I bought a PS3 in December 2006 and have yet to play a single game on it (other than a few minutes of a demo day I set it up).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Buy a x-box.... I have 2 friends who sold their x box's for a ps3 and 1 sold it back a month after because he hated the game servers and says that everyone on there games suck, and because none of his friends play ps3. He likes x-box because the competition is better and the community is better(which I agree). My other friend still has his ps3 and talks like its the best, but in reality all he does on it is play demos and watch blue ray disc. He has like no friends on there and cant play games with people. He is always having to play games on other peoples x-box because thats where everyone is.

X-Box: Good games, play with friends, good community, built for games!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS3: No fiends, bad servers, blue ray(waste), internet(use a computer), little kids like no other. One perk of PS3 is that you can hear all the black people on there talking and arguing(its kinda funny?)

If you go with the Ps3 let us no in 3 months how it is because you will probably be like "havent touched it in 2 months"

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

PS3 is the better system. But, if all of your friends truly only have an xbox which iNuBBin is suggesting, I suppose the xbox may be better.

I have plenty of competition on my online ps3 and I enjoy the luxury of not having to pay for online. Getting an Xbox? Get ready to pay 60 dollars a year just to play online. And Blu Ray is a waste? You must have never seen a blu ray movie. Although if your TV is shitty then yeah, you may not notice much.

I've had a ps3 for about a year and I still love it.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

PC FTW.

In all honesty though, PS3.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

PS3

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

This statement is invalid, as I have had my PS3 for almost a year, and still love it.

Benjamin

One thing I didn't consider was the Kinect thing. It does look pretty fun. But still, PS3 has the move and you'll probably know a friend that will get a kinect...which is what I'm counting on :lol:

Jeff

Kinect is kind of a stupid name though lol

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I'm still loving my PS3 after a year, too. The Xbox 360 isn't worth it unless you can afford $60 every year.

Jeff

Plus if you have the older models, 80 dollars for the damn wireless antenna. Along with controllers that require "AA" Batteries, unless you buy a rechargeable battery pack for the controller, which costs more money there as well.

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

I guess people calling the PS3 online community a ghetto wasn't a joke.

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

Wow is that for the X-Box 360?

iNuBBiN

I'm just saying the Blue-Ray is a waste imo. Sure its amazing but you can only play it on the ps3(and other blue-ray players). I for one dont like buying blue-ray because you cant take it anywhere unless someone else has one to. Like my friend if we wanna watch it with his family we have to move the ps3 downstairs all the time.

My favorite thing when I hear people argue about ps3 and x-box, all the ps3 side says is well we have a blue-ray player, and free online. But lets face it 60$ a year is nothing.... most people spend that much on fast food every 6 months.

I think ps3 if you want a blue-ray player which you pay 25$ a movie for go ahead. If you want a good gaming system I say go for x-box all the way.

Jeff

Yes it is.

Benjamin

You were doing ok there until you said 60 dollars is nothing. Not everyone is livin in up and can afford that kind of money for an unnecessary pleasure. Fast Food is a cheap way to eat food...which is necessary.

iNuBBiN

lol i know its food is necessary. I just have a lot of friends that always complain how poor they are and how there family never has any money but when they add up there bills they will have like 100 wasted on stupid things. Little bit off topic but like people who say there poor but will buy a g(20$) of weed every 3-4 days. But anyways back on topic. I think if you are trying to decide between a brand new x-box(199$) with built in wifi so you dont have to buy the wireless thing, or a new PS3(299$). So if he had the money for a PS3 he could easily buy the new x-box and the live, with money left over.

Now that i just found that out I think im going to go trade in my old x-box and a couple of games and get the new one lol....if anyone had xbox live add me. GT: iNuBBiN