Creed

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by SamohtCela, Nov 23, 2010.

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

Creed is a definately awesome band. They have been successful since their first album "My Own Prison". They are one of my favorite bands ever! What do you think about them?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Wit arms wide openah
    Undah tha sunlightah
    Welcome to dis place
    I'll show you errythangah

In all seriousness, I really only liked One Last Breath by them. Otherwise, nah.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

inb4 hate.

These will get a lot of shit and a lot of unfounded "Christaian band" comments thrown at them, but musically and lyrically they are great. People just like to hate on what's popular and what others rip into. Scott Stapp has a great voice and yeah, he may have been a dick back in the day but now he's a great guy who's really down to earth. Creed's last album "Full Circle" was great and I enjoy listening to them from time to time.

Mark Tremonti is also one of the greatest guitarists ever, so they have that going for them too.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

THIS

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Alter Bridge > Creed

Ant

Ant Ambient

Meh. Yes, it is generally cool to hate what is popular, but in the case of Creed or Nickelback, I have no problem with that hate. They're both incredibly repetitive and have no desire to branch out or push their musical limits; they just repeat the same formula ad nauseum. I will fully admit that both have good songs, but that doesn't make them good bands. Creating a few radio hits does not equate to being a good band.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I'll repeat what Ant said, but add in a few "fucks" and "shits", and maybe something about Stapp's alcoholism and how it's so damn entertaining.

I don't really see how the whole Christian rock band thing is "unfounded", really. They're quite blatantly a Christian rock band. Metaphors go a long way to hide the real meaning of a song. As for Tremonti being one of the greatest guitarist ever... that's LULZ worthy. Of course, that's MY opinion.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I finally learned about bands who can still take over the world with the same song, formula, and oddly enough tuning. Creed opened my eyes.

"Higher" = "My Sacrifice"

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I used to be a casual fan of theirs. Not anymore though. But I will say that "My Own Prison" and "What's This Life For" are two of their best songs ever.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Eh, I'll pass on em lol.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Funny.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

They have some brilliant moments. I'll get flamed for it, but their poppier moments, ie. Higher, With Arms Wide Open etc etc are all incresible songs.

And Casey, are you a guitarist at all? (you may well be, I'm just curious), Because in my opinion, as a guitarist, Tremonti is one of the best.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I didn't realize I needed to be a guitarist to have an opinion on this issue. I recant my statement about Tremonti. I thought that being a music fan, and, y'know, having ears and a brain, would be sufficient enough to come to my own conclusions about his talent.

If he's so great, why the hell is he playing with lesser bands like Creed and Alter Bridge, do tell? Seems like if he was one of the best of our generation, he'd be out there trying to prove it, instead of playing with rock radio juggernauts to net him that PAPER, SON.

Oh, and I play the ukulele, in case you're still wondering.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

And I wasn't even trying to be. I'm awesome.

You were asked a polite question out of curiosity. Calm down.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Some highs and lows. Not a big fan but bearable.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You could have easily made that point without being so rude. Calm down, please.

Minus

For the same reason that John Frusciante left the Chili Peppers.

For the same reason Wes Borland went back to Limp Bizkit.

For the same reason Robin Finck left Guns N' Roses to go back to Nine Inch Nails.

For the same reason Buckethead never attempts to make it big.

Why? BECAUSE THEY WANT TO. Deal with it.

/end rant

Just so you know, I have One Last Breath stuck in my head because of this thread. Not that I mind, but just letting you know. :lol:

Ant

Ant Ambient

While I agree with your idea, you could have used better points.

Buckethead tried to make it big with Guns N' Roses, which is known for its guitar work (thanks to Slash, primarily, but still -- guitar-driven, critically successful band), and he still did his own solo stuff to "prove" his worth as a guitarist. Nine Inch Nails isn't exactly a major step down from Guns N' Roses, and I think that move had more to do with having to tolerate Axl Rose on tour. Limp Bizkit is a radio player, yes, but Wes Borland still works on his side projects that showcase his guitar abilities. John Frusciante has done solo albums for quite some time, and I would argue him leaving a "rock radio juggernaut", as Casey would say, is proof of him trying to "prove" he is a good guitarist.

I don't think you have to play in a certain band to prove yourself, personally. There's plenty of great guitarists playing in bands that aren't challenging in terms of their guitar work, they just do so because they want to, as you state.

Minus

It may be in my morning-haze of trying to not work that I completely misread Casey's comment.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Used to listen to them in high-school.