Official Nine Inch Nails Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Feb 13, 2007.

1. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Is it worth the time and harddrive space, though? I haven't read one review about it, mostly because it got lost in the shuffle over on ETS due to the How to Destroy Angels stuff and the Social Network soundtrack excitement.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's worth it. It comes with their version of The Gift as well.

3. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Nevermind . . . . it shipped.

4. $pvcxGhxztCasey

The Gift is just an extra show, isn't it? Las Vegas or something? I didn't really follow the project that closely, to be honest, after it was announced.

5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The original project was the last LITS show. The Gift is their cut of the HD footage that Trent released.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

;P

10.22.10: Pretty Hate Machine Re-Issue

[​IMG]

I’m happy to finally announce the re-issue of the first Nine Inch Nails record “Pretty Hate Machine,” releasing worldwide 11/22. UMe and Bicycle Music Group managed to locate the original mixes, so I went in the studio with Tom Baker and remastered it for a grealy improved sonic experience. In addition, Rob reinterpreted Gary Talpas’ original cover to make for a fresh new package.

It’s been an interesting trip watching the fate of this record float from one set of hands to another (a long and depressing story) but it’s finally wound up in friendly territory, allowing us to polish it up a bit and present it to you now. We had fun revisiting this old friend, hope you enjoy.

TR

7. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

My pants got a little tighter reading this.

8. MaiMeR

MaiMeR The Technique

sweeeeeet

9. $pvcxGhxztCasey

omg finally i can hear "that's what i get" in 5.1!!!!

10. travz21

Probably one of the sickest instrumentals on the record. Gets me bumpin every time. Also some of the worst lyrics lol.

11. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Besides 'Right Where It Belong', I don't have any recognition of NIN's work. Is there an album that you guys can recommend the interested? I wanna hear what this band is all about, and I'd love to start on the right footing. Thanks!

12. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I prefer Nine Inch Nail's latter work, Year Zero and above, though, I haven't really listened to anything prior to that lol. The Slip, the latest NIN album, is free on the official website www.nin.com

13. travz21

I'd recommend The Fragile to anybody trying to get into NIN. It's the first album I listened to when started. The entire first disc, possibly excluding the opening track, is flawless. The second disc has a few questionable song choices, but it also packs a musical punch that rivals his best work.

14. $pvcxGhxztCasey

There are 2 or 3 official torrents out there put out by Reznor that reflect the best of his entire catalog. I think they're called Quiet Tracks, Deep Cuts, and the last is Hits or something.

15. minuteforce

^ Aside from those, I find "With Teeth" to be the most accessible album. :)

16. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

The Fragile.
    But sit in a dimly lit room, and just listen. It's worth the trip.

You could do the same with The Downward Spiral, but that usually makes me want to kill myself :lol:

17. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Finally listened to Year Zero last night. Reznor is a genius, period.

18. travz21

Anyone else heard the remastered version of Pretty Hate Machine that came out yesterday? I just got it and started listening to a few songs. Pretty amazing. Hard to believe it's 21 years old. The new remastered version does the music justice.

19. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Yeah, I've rediscovered my love for that album. A good pair of headphones makes all the difference. If I didn't have the original pressing on vinyl, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. It's weird to imagine this album has been around in the universe as long as I have (21 years). I just wish it was a Deluxe Edition, instead of just a remastering and a "bonus" track, that really doesn't fit in with the album at all, really. Pitchfork gave it something like a 9.5 or something? Very surprising, considering not too long ago (few years), they HATED Nine Inch Nails. Now, they can't get off NIN's nutsack.

Still waitin' on that deluxe edition Fragile. Dammit. After that's done, all that's left to do is Broken/Fixed, and pretty much all of the main albums are in high quality, pristine listening condition. You go, Trent. Do your thang.

20. minuteforce

I think an important part of what "Broken" is ... is the, like, unpolished audio mix that gives it the rough-around-the-edges, abrasive quality. :"

I don't know whether the new edition of "Pretty Hate Machine" is out here yet but I'm hoping to get it as soon as it is. Along with, finally, a copy of the score for "The Social Network".

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010