Contacts

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Andrea, Apr 11, 2004.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Does anybody here wear contacts? I have been wearing glasses ever since 4th grade and I am sick of wearing them. I think I look better without glasses but I can't see anything without them. So if you wear contacts, is it worth getting them? Are they better than glasses? Do you like them?

I am considering switching from glasses to contacts but I don't know if I should or not. Help lol. :)

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I've been wearing glasses since 4th grade too. I want contacts, but i've also seen what can happen when you don't take care of them properly, or even forget to take them out one day. This one girl in my grade kept her contacts in for a month and then one day her eye couldn't shut at all. She had to go back to wearing her dorky glasses from 3rd grade and missed school, it was bad. I would consider contacts, but not until I can totally manage my schedule and be really responsible.

Crawler

Crawler Well-Known Member

I wear now like 2 month ago glasses. I decided between glasses and contacts. But I think(and everybodyelse too) that I look better with glasses. and I think glasses are just cool when you look good with them ^_^

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

I've been wearing my goddamn glasses for 11 years... I hate them...

I'm getting blue or colorless contacts this summer hopefully.....

Alacrity

But glasses can be a pain in the arse sometimes. For example, when it's raining outside and you need them on...enough said

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

I've been wearing glasses since the second grade, and I got contacts in the seventh. I love my contacts. It's really not that hard to take care them, I don't think. It only takes a minute to put them in or take them out, and they're a lot less bothersome than glasses, in my opinion. The only thing that bugs me is when I fall asleep with them in they dry my eyes out. I think you can get the kind that you can sleep in, though.

My contacts were totally worth it. It just depends on what you prefer, I guess, but I would never go back to wearing glasses 24/7. Hope I helped. :)

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

screw contacts and glasses...go for an eye surgery...problem solved ;)

Alacrity

That's really expensive though

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

That's really expensive though [/b][/quote]
    Yea i know....but still.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I've never worn glasses, but around October my eye doctor prescribed me contacts. It was weird because I was given contacts right away without having to get glasses. The first couple of weeks having contacts are tough because you need to get used to putting them in. For the first week, it took me around 15 minutes each morning. I eventually got used to them and I don't have any problems wearing them now. I only put them in when I need them.

May

May Ambient

i've worn glasses since the 6th grade but got contacts in the 7th. i've worn blue and green contacts (blue in one eye, green in the other) but now i'm just wearing clear ones since the colour ones gave me a lot of problems. glasses always hurt my nose and the back of my ears so i'm happy with my contacts. i'm also planning to get laser eye surgery.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I used to have glasses until the 7th grade. Then I switched to contacs. They're really not that bad you just have to make sure you take care of them well. When you put them in you have to make sure your looking straight forward and you have to do it carefully. When you get them the doctor will explain how to use them. Also--don't sleep with them in. I did that numerous times before and it resulted in me having huge, red, blotchy eyes throughout the day at school and I had to take them out because they hurt so bad. Also, this could happen but it may or may not, you could even have a stigmitism. Having a stigmitism isn't bad, it just means that you have one eye a different shape than the other. Which means you have to have a specail ordered contacs, I have a stigmitism myself. If you have a stigmitism and you want colored contacs, I'd suggest getting Acuvue. That's what I have. Just make sure to take them out every night and about every two or three nights or so empty the water solution and replace it with a new one so your contacts are clean.

It may seem hard but it's actually quite easy. :)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Hey, you know what? Provide me with $5000 and I'll get my eyes fixed. And it's not like you should get surgery done on your eyes while you're in your teenage years, because the eye hasn't finished growing, and you also need a stable perscription, as well.

Oh, and not to mention the side-effects, as well. Those can get pretty nasty.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Hey, you know what? Provide me with $5000 and I'll get my eyes fixed. And it's not like you should get surgery done on your eyes while you're in your teenage years, because the eye hasn't finished growing, and you also need a stable perscription, as well.

Oh, and not to mention the side-effects, as well. Those can get pretty nasty. [/b][/quote]
    my dad can easily cough up 5 grand....

what are the side-effects?

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

See, that's the thing. I don't really have time to waste to try to get them in right. Maybe I should consider getting contacts during the summer so that way I can learn how to put them in right, and that way I won't lose time in the morning when I'm getting ready for school.

I have actually considered laser surgery but yeah, it's too expensive and I wouldn't want to risk some of the damages that it could cause.

After reading some of the posts, I think I will consider contacts and see if I like them better than glasses.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Not everyone on the Earth can pull $5000 out of their ass, buddy.

I'm going to be getting contacts in about 10 months. I was going to get contacts last week, but the eye doctor told me that I'd need to get a new prescription for my glasses since I've had the ones I'm wearing now for almost 3 years now. He said that my eyes have gotten too used to this prescription and that switching right to contacts with a new prescription could mess up my eyes. So, basically, I've got a new glasses prescription that I have to get used to before I get contacts--but once I do, I'm getting contacts.

Ooh yeah.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Not everyone on the Earth can pull $5000 out of their ass, buddy. [/b][/quote]
    i know :p

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

my dad can easily cough up 5 grand....

what are the side-effects? [/b][/quote]
    I did a report on Laser Eye Surgery in Science and Tech last semester, so I'll see if I can remember what I found out.

Well, after you get the surgery done, there's the possibility that the lenses will fall out (if you rub your eyes a lot). The eyes can also get over or under-corrected, as well. That's bad by the way. As well, there's also the possibility of getting your eye infected, as well as having the chance of getting herpes in the eye (yes, it's possible).

It is rare, but the chances of it happening are still there (Hah, I'm a poet, and I don't know it).

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:lol: :lol:

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

I wear glasses for about 1 year (or more) but I don't wear them always... I can't see far so I only wear them in class and when i'm watching TV..