When Will We Hear The First Single ?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by linkinfan42, Dec 30, 2002.

linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

what are ur guess's on when LP will release there first single from the new album ? i say early febuary or late january*wants it to be early febuary :p*

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Singles typically come out the week after the album is released. Videos, however, come out at least a month beforehand, so it will probably be sometime in February.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I say around the first week of febuary, sometime around there.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i think mid february is realistic... and i hope that the new single is a kickass rock song like one step closer, which will blow everyones mind (w00t)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

i agree with trum, mid-february.

pts.of.athrty was released only 2 weeks before the album came out, but seeing it's a remix album, sales didn't matter much to LP. about 1 month before the album comes out is perfect.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

I agree with you.
    But we could see it sooner, and people will rip the video.

Ur my alien

Ur my alien New Member

i heard on the lp message boards that single comes out sometime in feburary i dont remember exactly when it said but it was in feburary

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Cool Dude! Thanks for the info. All the speculation has been February, so you're probably right. Exact day is not known yet. Lots of variables in the picture.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

We'll hear the single any time now. The album title has been released via the Linkin Park Underground as "Meteora" so the single won't be far behind.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

I can't wait. The new song is gonna be so tight.

TheChemist

TheChemist Active Member

i cant wait to see the new video.. hehehe..

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

There's a rumor flyin around the lp.com forums. Some guy said he got a released date for the new single, he said feb.1 or 2. Now I don't know if this is reliable or not, but he said it came from a reliable source. We'll see how reliable it is. But in reality, they're filming the video this week, so those are strictly possible dates. I don't know if LP will release it that early. But a lot of bands release their singles quite a long time b4 actual release to get the hype up. So it could be possible.

linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

i think that is true because if they are shooting this week then i think it will be ready by feb 1st or 2nd and that source they got it from is mtv.com

linkinpark4life_69

linkinpark4life_69 Well-Known Member

I have heard from many people that the release date is February 2nd for the single....and it does seem reasonable for a release date.....It takes a few days to make a video and about a few weeks to edit it and get all the information ready......BUT....sumtimes they'll just release the song and not the video until later just like they did with the Eminem song "Lose Yourself" the single was on the radio about a month before the video so I think the song will hit airwaves such as radios on the second and a few weeks following will be the video.

Man i dunno but when the single comes out...WATCH OUT! its gonna be over i cant wait till the album comes out!!!! i cant wait 67 more days! Its torture i tell ya! :chemist: :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I dunno, I think it would be a little later than that...that would be almost 2 months before the album even came out. I wanna restate my previous guess, my new one would be 2nd or 3rd week of Febuary.

linkinpark4life_69

linkinpark4life_69 Well-Known Member

Well Linkin Park won't obviously release the whole cd to us early.....I GUARANTEE......u can get ripped songs from the cd at the end of february/beginnin of march....Nobody ever knows how these songs get released but I do..... Yes Linkin Park has probably the only copy....but not for long...They HAVE to give a copy to the record label and they are going to have to make million upon millions of copies to distribute among the world on the release date...Linkin Park cant be there in the process of making copies.......And they will do this at least a month before hand but most likely earlier than that......Some record label companies have empoyees that will get a pre release of the copy like always or they will steal a copy and will post them on the net sumwhere......Linkin Park I dont think has any intentions of releasing any of the songs b4 hand other than "Somewhere I belong" but they want to release the song on airwaves fairly early to keep the hype up.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

But if released too early, critic's will say the song is getting old and then hype will go down.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

True. But sometimes early can mean that people get more hyped up. I myself would get more hyped up about the album. But not everyone has this same opinion. But if they do it too late, people will wait longer until they hear it more and more, then they will buy the cd. So its a question of whether or not they want to debut on top. 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem was released quite early, and the hype was great.

One last thing, I don't think it matters when Linkin Park releases their single. The hype is already up there high, I don't think it can get much higher. Everyone who bought the last cd will be waiting for this new one. The single release date shouldn't effect sales that much.

One more thing, critics have already said that LP is a one album band. Well I guess LP has proved them wrong. I hate critics.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

True. But sometimes early can mean that people get more hyped up. I myself would get more hyped up about the album. But not everyone has this same opinion. But if they do it too late, people will wait longer until they hear it more and more, then they will buy the cd. So its a question of whether or not they want to debut on top. 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem was released quite early, and the hype was great.

One last thing, I don't think it matters when Linkin Park releases their single. The hype is already up there high, I don't think it can get much higher. Everyone who bought the last cd will be waiting for this new one. The single release date shouldn't effect sales that much.

One more thing, critics have already said that LP is a one album band. Well I guess LP has proved them wrong. I hate critics. [/b][/quote]
    with the new heavier sound, i'm sure people who haven't heard of LP or don't like linkin park may begin to like them. i know there's room for improvement, not everyone who bought HT with buy Meteora, but i'm sure more people who didn't by HT will buy Meteora because of the new heavy sound.

i think i just spoke in a circle, lol.

we should make up an abbreviation for Meteora, hah. what about "Meteo"?