Thread: 'Mic Check'

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Hey everyone! I had this awesome idea over at my forums...I wanted to present it to y'all, since the Forum Awards Show has caught on so well, maybe you guys will like it too. I've censored anything linking to my site in the quote, cause I know some people get awful crabby (not the staff, but others, hehe) when they see links...as if it's the devil or something, lol. Anyways, here's the posting:

I was just sittingm brainstorming thoughts about stuff like American Idol...and just thought of how awesome an outlet the web is... (duh...lol...I have a site).

I kind of want to set up an online musician competition...I have the resources...I just need some help (man made assistance), and I can provide resources etc.

Basically, I have this type of information planned out:

- The name of the competition will be 'Mic Check', but that's limiting the possible artists to just vocalists. Which could be a good thing, or, if we wanted to open it to bands, etc., then it'd be a bad thing...this is one of the things I would like to decide.

- It would require a site all to itself. I can easily take care of that, provide hosting, etc. I have some awesome friends and hook ups.

- Hopefully, as the contest gets bigger (it'll be a seasonal contest, maybe spanning 2-3 months at a time)...as the contest gets bigger, it'll hopefully attract huge amounts of visitors, and we'll be able to award grand prizes and such (to the final winner), and possibly get their name along with their music to a record company.

---

That's basically it for now. I'd be happy to hear any and all ideas, as they are all most welcome! I will be posting this around other message boards that I attend to see what they think about it, and possibly get some more feedback as well. Maybe the entire contest will be brought up by more than one site...like:

"Mic Check" @ ----.com // <site here> // <site here>
    http://www.flyrobotclothing.com

Winter Clearance over at BOBIZZO, $15 tees! Enjoy!

Banned
    Vienna, Austria in Europe... NO KANGAROOS IN AUSTRIA
    i think its a good idea. but i dont get one thing... wouldnt people have to record their songs and all?

You are my detonator. Phantom Duck's Avatar
    Hm... yeah, that&#39;s would be very cool.

At last my mic will have to work
    Tu trembles, mon coeur?
    Tu tremblerais davantage, si tu savais ou je te mene.

Originally posted by ass_kicker@Mar 6 2004, 10:06 AM
    i think its a good idea. but i dont get one thing... wouldnt people have to record their songs and all?
    More than likely, yes, people would have to record their own songs. But we&#39;re gooing to reccommend only those with serious aspirations should enter. So if you don&#39; even have a suitable mic at home, then, the contest isn&#39;t for you...get it? Hehe.

Banned
    Vienna, Austria in Europe... NO KANGAROOS IN AUSTRIA
    oh. now i get it. see, im a really slow person. it takes me days to get things.

Ambient
    Dude, I think thats a really awesome idea&#33; I think it&#39;d be great&#33; I&#39;m not sure if I&#39;d participate, but I&#39;d help with anything you need

Are you saying we record music and post it on the forums?
    Sounds like a good idea but wouldn&#39;t it slow down the site a whole lot? Take up bandwidth er somethin like that?

Ambient
    nah, he&#39;s saying, he&#39;s going to make a site to stick the stuff up on.

The site would be made, it would be called "Mic Check". On Mic Check, there&#39;d be a special page for contestants to submit their material. If you&#39;re passed on to the next round, we will ask for different material. All the hosting would be on part of the site...don&#39;t worry about it being slow, it&#39;s been thought out

I just need more ideas, more people interested, etc.

thats an awesome idea elie, i know i would join in B)
    Im on signature strike

Haha, thanks Reyes&#33;

Anyways...as for how we could most efficiently project the music of each individual artist for judging, we would make an intense flash player (since flash is the media medium found on the most amount of computers across the world), and each contestant would have their sound byte, their pic, their name, their description, and in the public voting rounds (the 2nd and final (3rd) rounds) we&#39;d include the ability to vote for your favorite contestant right through the flash player.

What y&#39;all think?

Birmingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I&#39;d have to say it&#39;s a great idea elie
    silence your critics

Ambient
    Thats one of the best ideas yet&#33; I really hope you go through with this Elie.

With the release of EEF V2, a series of subsites will be released with it, and this will be one. I&#39;m just looking for a select few people who are mature, and able to conduct themselves in a proffessional manner before alot of people to help out as administrators for this project...

You are my detonator. Phantom Duck's Avatar
    Then i guess i can&#39;t help

I&#39;m surely gonna be ine, though

Maybe since Stefano Di Benedetto is coming to the LPA chat soon, he could check out this idea and possibly help sponsor it, or give us his ideas on it? Since he&#39;s working for some record companies now. Link him when he&#39;s in the chat&#33; lol

Ambient
    Elie, thats a great idea&#33;If your not in the chat, I&#39;ll do it

Thread Information