Saosin

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by PauletteEMLPGC, Feb 18, 2004.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Singer of the band Saosin, Anthony Green, has decided to leave the band to pursue his own interests.
    The rest of the band will continue to make music together.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Yeah, it always sucks when the singer leaves. :wth: I'm not a big fan of them or whatnot, but I'll probably keep a look out to see what's up with them.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

All that I know of now is:
    Saosin is completely over with.
    Alex, Beau, Justin, and Chris are getting a new name but continuing with the full length. As of now they are still doing Warped Tour.

Here is the official stuff from the site:
    February 17, 2004
    Dear Everyone,

We regret to inform everyone that Anthony Green has decided to leave the band to pursue his own interests. Thank you to everyone who has supported us, we will not forget you. We (Beau, Justin, Alex, and Chris) will continue making music together. Check back soon for updates.

AND

"yeah, i am sad and sorry that it is not a joke. we were about to leave to the airport to pick up anthony, when we got a phone call from him saying that he wasnt coming out here, and that he decided to quit the band. we all thought it was a joke. but it is not and we are really bumbed. especially since we had been home for so long and me, justin, alex and chris were all talking about how excited we were to be on the road again and to see all of you. some of you for the first time and some of you again, as friends.

but we can not change the way people feel. from what i can gather, he feels like we dont like him because we have different personal intersts. and that the money was not enough to keep him afloat. i thought about trying to call him back and ask him to do the tours, but i think that it would be unfair to everyone, (you guys especially) to play shows when the singer does not want to be on stage.

the four of us have been passionate about making real music that we all feel very strongly about since the beginning.

the four of us, me, alex, justin and chris, will continue writing the full length as planned. once we get a new singer, we will get a new name, and put the record out and start touring our asses off!!!

we will be posting information on the new material and what the new name will be soon. so keep checking back.

once again, i cant thank you all enough for making this such a great experience for all of us. and i hope you are all back with us when we resurface in a few months.

peace,

beau"