Budget Cuts?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Feb 12, 2004.

animal

animal Banned

unless you're going to live with your parents for the rest of theirt life, drive their car, and completely mooch off them, you may want a decent job. [/b][/quote]
    sorry but that made no sence. i think you're just saying something to disagree with me because you don't like me

i have a 1998 chevy blazer and i have my own apartment and i don't have a diploma :)

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

So how did you manage to get all the cash, hmm?

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Just because he dropped out doesn't mean he can't get money. It's just that he'll have to work 20 hrs in a factory (for example) to get what he'd earn in half the time, sitting in an air-conditioned office.

I prefer a drop-out who works to a diploma-owner who doesn't work or who cheats on ppl, though.

animal

animal Banned

i robbed a bank :rolleyes:

i have a job...not all jobs require a diploma ;)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I could've sworn McDonald's required a diploma.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Same with my town. Only we fit our 10,000 into a square mile :mellow:

We got a lucky break though. The state is giving us alot of money to fix up the school. The teachers were getting sick because of the mold, when it snowed the roofs had to be shoveled because there was danger of them collapsing, the windows barely kept out anything, egh. It was pretty bad. But now thats all changing :)

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

exxxactly. RIGHT ANNNSWER!

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

ROFL

oh well, i loose :lol:

animal

animal Banned

do you have an apartment that you pay for by yourself? i'm sure it's no.

do you have a car that you actually pay for and wasn't given to you by your mommy or daddy? once again, probably no.

so who's the "loser" now? and i don't work 20 hours a day

edit: i actually work from 3:00 pm till 11:00 pm on the weekdays. haven't been lately because i had vaction days but i go back to work monday

2nd edit: oh and that's only 9 hours. you're going to work 9 hours sitting on your ass at a computer in a office too. i'd rather be up and about doing something than be sitting on my ass for 9 hours

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You because you're being arrogant once again. Didn't we yell at you for this before? You're warned.

Learn to have some common respect and stop being such an instigator, like you were in the cutting thread. You knew exactly what she meant, you're not stupid. At least I hope.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

this is the point where I lose all respect I once had for you.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

this is the point where I lose all respect I once had for you. [/b][/quote]
    ROFLMAO :lol: .

McDonald's a TEMPORARY solution to money problems :D .

Derek

this is the point where I lose all respect I once had for you. [/b][/quote]
    I'll let Will handle himself there. Unless you were joking, then I'm the most gullable person in the history of mankind.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I'll let Will handle himself there. Unless you were joking, then I'm the most gullable person in the history of mankind. [/b][/quote]
    Well, I can't say that making fun of someone for dropping out of High School gets you in my book for being someone I actually like.

If I get warned because I have no respect for someone who makes fun of people who drop out of High School, so be it. I didn't find Will's joke to be funny at all.

I'm prepared to accept the consquences of my words.

Derek

Well, I can't say that making fun of someone for dropping out of High School gets you in my book for being someone I actually like.

If I get warned because I have no respect for someone who makes fun of people who drop out of High School, so be it. I didn't find Will's joke to be funny at all.

I'm prepared to accept the consquences of my words. [/b][/quote]
    You wont be warned for disagreeing with something Will said. You'd only be warned if you deliberately disrespected him or insulted him in some manner. You merely disagreed.

Will is a nicer guy then you think, I'm sure once he sees how offended you were, he will apologize for the joke. But keep in mind, you too were guilty of saying some offensive stuff in the past. However, you stepped up and apologized so I have strong faith Will will do the same thing. He's no jerk.

animal

animal Banned

derek- i didn't call will a loser. that's why i specifically put it in quotation marks. i was implying with those that that is what he was basically calling me, but didn't come right out and say it(so he could basically find a loop hole in the rules). i was making a point to him that it's not right to make fun of me because i dropped out of high school...especially when i'm doing just fine in life. i then went on to ask him if he has everything i have in life, and i'm pretty sure the answers are no.

how can i possibly be warned for that? being arrogent isn't against the rules. no where in the rules does it stat a person can not be arrogent. you guys are making up rules as you go along! come on, derek, you can not seriously think that is a fair warning.

shouldn't will and kat be warned for extremly disrespecting me and making fun of me? the fact that they are making fun of the way i chose to live my life is extremly offending yet they are allowed to do that? that's totally unfair and i think you should really think about that.

Derek

You're right, its not cool for the moderators to make fun of you and they shouldn't be acting that way. By putting 'loser' in quotes I thought it was a personal attack against Will, hence the reason why I warned you. But I see how you were just fighting back at everyone who was making fun of you so I revoke my warning.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I'm also curious about that.

Derek

I'm also curious about that. [/b][/quote]
    Mods shouldn't be making fun of members and using their power to protect themselves. That's not fair to the members and we'll have to talk about this between staff.

Don't worry as I am well aware of it.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I think person problems need to be resolved away from topics as much as possible... In too many topics are we seeing things going wayy off topic. Sometimes we lose our cool, but like always, I say cool off and come back. Anyways, more on topic.

Animal, sometimes dropping out isn't an option. Some of us have to live with the budgets because we, as ourselves, want to persue something much more, and although I understand your point of view, I think, as I am posting now, to you, should be a most considerable way of posting. There really needs to be respect or all hell breaks loose. Anyways, sometimes, like in my situation, I have to live with the problems, like budgets. I'm egar to do more with my life than be a drop out, though I've considered it, but it's always come back to the disappointment of family and myself. I know everyone's different, but I, myself, cannot choose dropping out as an option, so some of us have to live with them, and we can't always run away from problems like that. Not saying you did or anything.

---

Try to stay more on topic, PLEASE. This, like many other threads, are good threads, and we don't need our dislike/miscommunitcation/whatever it may be for one another to have them closed. Think before you post :). That goes for everyone.